Take 3! I'm back...3's a charm!

• Hello! Geez it's been months since I've shown my face on these forums... My healthy WOL just kinda was pulled out from under me like a rug. I'm dusting off my knees, pulling out my yoga matt, my walking shoes, my healthy recipes, ready to begin anew!

I had a real scare last week, My BP shot up to 180/130! My Dr. friends were shocked and concerned and sent me off to a cardiologist who put me on BP meds and took me off my obesity meds (India's version of Meridia) that an endocrinologist put me on a year ago. ( I'm only 10 lbs less than when I started ) The Cardiologist was talking to me about surgery, so I'm looking into my options. That was a big eye opener! I need to do something. Surgery has alway felt like the last resort. I've been heavy all my life, dieted at least 1/2 my life, broke down and tried obesity meds... Before I commit to surgery, I feel I need to make some concrete changes in my behavior with food, my sluggishness in regards to exercise these last few months.

I noticed as I was updating my ticker that I'm 20 lbs heavier than when I last posted, yet 30 lbs lighter than my heaviest 10 years ago. SO that's just a bump on my journey.

So here I am, new ticker, new attitude, I don't have an eating plan as of yet... was doing SBD a long time back, I may continue, I may try something new, whatever I choose, I know the support of this cyber community is a necessity for me. This is a journey I can't go at alone!

It's good to be back! Looking forward to meeting new friends and old!

Kitty
  • I am glad you are here. Sometimes it's a big scare that pushes us forward in our healthy journey. No matter what it is....so happy to see you here with great enthusiasm.
  • Welcome back!
  • I think I remember you from before. Welcome back! Glad to see you again.
  • Welcome back!!
  • Welcome back! I tried everything known to man, too, and the best I tried was also SBD. But then I gained it all back (35 pounds). This time around I am counting calories and exercising, eating healthier foods. It's working so far. Sometimes we just have to try lots of things til you find what really works. Good luck!
  • Welcome back! It's nice to meet you.