Old 05-07-2008, 05:56 AM   #16  
Step by step

S/C/G: 260/260/something healthy!

Height: 5'8"

I hope no one minds if I just jump right in here...

Today will be day ONE of my new life. I made a crazy midnight grocery run with my mom to get some stuff that I can work with until I get into the swing of things and figure out what works for me and what doesn't. I have a tentative plan set, because I really don't know what to expect. So here goes nothing!

Breakfast (which I usually never eat!)-egg white omelette with a small amount of leftover chicken fajita meat and veggies, strawberries, water

Lunch-huge salad with more leftover chicken, homemade salsa as "salad dressing", apple, water

Snack-cottage cheese and a pear, water

Dinner-Homemade veggie soup, grilled cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with some sliced turkey water

I may have to adjust as I go, but I'm hoping for the best! I've got lots of running around to do tomorrow, which unfortunately will include places that have not so healthy but oh so tempting food just laying around. But I've got to be strong on my first day!
Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:29 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies! I have had the two weeks from h-@-l-l at work. Lots of travel and things happening. I've missed you gals! I have stayed on plan as well as I could, and don't think I did too badly, although I suffered some from not having time to prep my food and post my daily plan here. Time to get back into the normal routine. I am taking kind of a mental health day today, and plan to meet a friend for lunch and some shopping. I will do some work too though as I have some loose ends that need tying up!
Greetings sweetpoppet, gabbnteach, and parade! Nice to "meet" you. It's so exciting to be on day 1 of your journey!
mathpuppy you know you can get back on track. Forgive yourself, learn, look forward, and move on. It's good to have a mini-goal to focus on right now.
congrats again Beverly on onederland!
Good morning to the rest of you! gotta scoot and get the kids to school. Have a lovely, on-plan day!

B - Kashi waffle with natural peanut butter, 2 hard boiled eggs
S - V8, string cheese
L - lunch out - probably a salad
S - skinny latte, strawberries with yogurt
D - chicken Capri with salad and another veggie
S - NSA fudgesicle

Last edited by Schmoodle; 05-07-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #18  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Today is my day of meetings, so I don't have much time, but I had to say Way to Go Beverlyjoy!!!!! I a SOOOOOOOOO Happy for you!

I am down 2lbs again this week and I am thrilled w/ that. After the scale being stuck for so long, it feels great to be losing again.

Have a great day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi again! Thanks to you all for your wonderful good wishes and congrats in regards to my getting to Onederland. I couldn't have done it without your support.

Parade - Welcome! - good plan! You are right on target with drinking ALOT of water.

Schmoodle!! - it's good to see you. I was wondering where you were. Glad you are back. I totally understand how good it feels to be back home to your normal routine. There's alot of comfort in it.

Mj5 - Congrats on losing 2 more pounds!! It sure feels good when the scale catches up to your efforts

gabbnteach - Welcome! Don't let the scale 'rule' your head. I am a calorie counter too. So glad you posted.

Math - Sorry to hear about the binge. Try and move right past it. Every day is a new beggining. I like your birthday goal. You CAN do this!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-07-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #20  

S/C/G: Size 26/22/8

Welcome, newbies!!!

Bevery, CONGRATULATIONS! Your hard work is paying off!!!

Well, another day OP under my belt! I feel like I'm finally getting my groove back!
cheetara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #21  
Step by step

S/C/G: 260/260/something healthy!

Height: 5'8"

I've stayed on plan so far today, which I'm feeling really, really great about. Dinner may have to be late tonight, I am in desperate need of a nap, although I doubt I could actually sleep very long before I have to get up and pee (again).

I'm already finding things that feel different, even though this was only my first day. I didn't get that nasty mid-day crash that I usually wind up with, and I think a lot of that has to do with eating "cleaner" foods. My muscles are seeming to cooperate better today as well, probably all the water. Soooo much water...I think I'm up to 96 ounces, and it's only 5:30! I feel like a fishy.

Alright, I think I'll try to visit nap school for a while before the house gets loud and crazy.

OH, I should add...this was also my first day without a cigarette. I'm feeling decent right now, but I know that soon enough, it's going to get reaaaally fun *sarcasm*. I've been chewing lots and lots of sugar free gum and keeping my mouth busy with water, so that helps. I keep noticing that I'm holding things like I would hold a cigarette though; I guess that's just part of the habit.

Last edited by Parade; 05-07-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I seem to be in a maintainence mode right now. I'm trying to hold the calories to only 1800, but it's so hard. I'm just starving all the time.

Welcome, parade! Congratulations on choosing a healthier life!

Beverly, if I didn't say it before, so you rock in reaching Onederland!!!! Many kudos to you!

mj5--two pounds is good! Doesn't it feel good to be off the plateau?

gabbnteach--I'm a calorie-counter and whole-foods person too. Welcome!

math puppy and schmoodle--good to see you again! It's surprising how much easier it is to stay on plan if one posts here regularly.

Hi, sweetpoppet, welcome!

Cheetara, I'm with you here. Let's get back on plan!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:12 AM   #23  
Noob

S/C/G: 231.8/224.6/130

Height: 5ft 3inches

Parade congrats on your first day! Here's to removing some serious LB's.

I'm brief tonight- going to hit the hay, but wanted to say thank you Allfor the welcome and supports.

Beverlyjoy Super congrats on Onederland- save me a spot!
sweetpoppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:09 AM   #24  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hello gang. I had a pretty good day. I am on my upper lvl of calories today and boy did I need it! I went for a 3 mi walk with my parntner then she took me clothing shopping and I was down a size! Whoo hoo. Afterwards I wore my new work out outfit to the gym and rocked it hardcore with crunches and the bike. Hee hee. im realy excited for this weekend as well, my kungfu teachers teacher is coming to town and is going to teach a class for her students that goes from 10-3 (hour lunch break) now that will be a hard core work out day! That’s like…omg 5 hours of activity!! I better bring my deodorant with me, there will be much re applying oh and like a 2gallons of water. This will do wonders for my current goal. Yay! Okay well, im going to catch up on all your posts now here we go!

Bev-I love it when I get back on plan. Good for you. Hope your car is feeling better. Omg you are in onederland! I think I just cried a little for you! congradulations!! All your hard work has paid off!

Girlygirlsebas- I felt the same way the beginning of this week. Weekends are hard! I love those long walks, I always feel so high afterwards.

Mj- 2 miles on slim dvd! How exciting. you get paid to work out? That’s sweet. Im trying to work my shoulders out at the gym more too. Its amazing how weak they are. Im not a huge dress person either.. good luck

Trazey- I love cottage cheese with peaches. Very “zone” friendly

Cheetarah- good idea on the buffet plan. Did It work out? Getting back in the groove rocks.

Darkblue- hang in there darkblue! Here, take my hand, I gotcha!

Poppet & Gabbnteach- welcome to you two! Accountability is here!

Parade- jump right in! glad to have you. Hee hee I remember when my body was adjusting to drinking all that water, it takes a bit, but eventually your body will get used to it.

Schmoodle!- hey, thanx for the encouragement. Sorry work sucks so bad right now. Enjoy mental healthday!

I think im all caught up with you all now! Have an op day!!!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:54 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chickies - thanks for all your good wishes! I am grateful.

Well, it will cost almost $1000 to fix my car. Yikes! It's almost ten years old with 116,500 miles on it. I think I'll be looking for a new car. I can drive it until I find one - just have to keep adding oil. I hate having to buy a car - it's up their with getting my teeth drilled at the dentist.

Today:

office work today
PT in the pool
out to supper with Mom if she feels good enough

meditation
stretches
lots of water
log food
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, green beans
snack - yogurt, flax
dinner - Bob Evans lite breakfast
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

Math - WOW - being down a size in fantastic. Your workout sounds great!

Sweetpoppet - I am saving a spot for you!

Dark Blue - maintenence mose is good too. I hope you can break the "starving" cycle.

Parade - so glad to hear you've been on plan and are feeling it. I totally understand the water element and getting used to drinking that much.

Cheetara - being on plan is fantastic!! GREAT.

Have a good on plan day folks - treat yourself with loving kindness.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #26  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

Hubby and I did another walk last evening. This makes three days in a row....I'm on a roll! The scales are sorta smiling....the weight hasn't moved, but the fat percentage has dropped 1%. Today is another fun work filled day, then another speed walk with Hubby.

Beverly - Congratulations on making it into Onederland! I'm so proud of you!
Math - Congratulations on the new size!
Darkblue - I'm really concerned that you're starving all of the time. There really is no need to be physically hungry while dieting. Have you tried eating some form of protein with every meal and snack? Are you eating something every 2-3 hours?

A big welcome to all of our newest posters! So glad to have you joining us on this journey.

Bigtxmomma - We miss you. Hope you are feeling better.
Ginger - How are you?
Beverly - Sorry to hear about the cost of fixing your car.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #27  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Another busy day here (starting to sound like a broken record again huh?). Luckily it's almost the weekend!!!!

Have a great on plan day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #28  

Good morning accountability friends. Yesterday was a good on-plan day. Exercise wasn't too good because I wanted to get in a WATP but ran out of time. But I did get in two walks for about 80 minutes of walking so at least I did something. I'll make up for it today by doing my 4-mil WATP. I went out to lunch with my friend to a Mexican place we used to like to go, and I was happy to see that they now have a "lighter selections" portion of the menu and offer ww tortillas, so I'll be able to start going there again from time to time. I tried on about 25 pairs of pants and ended up with two that I liked. Lesson learned, pants shopping stinks no matter what size you are. But at least I can go to work now without worrying about losing pants! And I bought myself a couple of other presents, I was just in the mood, I haven't shopped in ages.
Here's today:
B: leftover strawberry rhubarb crumble, coffee with milk
S: cottage cheese, tomato juice
L: leftovers - chicken and sauteed zucchini
S: skinny latte, celery with laughing cow cheese
D: grilled citrus Mahi Mahi with brown rice and spinach
S: NSA fudgesicle

mj, congrats on the scale victory!
cheetara, it's so awesome to be in the groove. Wish I could figure out how to stay there when I get there...
parade, good luck with the smoking. You are making lots of changes all at once!
darkblue, fake it 'til you make it sweetie!
mathpuppy, congrats on the clothes NSV!
Beverly, good luck with the car shopping.
Rhonda, I'll bet your scale is gearing up for a big drop. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #29  

Okay, when I typed my plan in earlier today, I knew that breakfast was not a good idea, at least not without some extra protein thrown in, but I didn't feel like cooking anything and the hard boiled egg I ate yesterday tasted kind of "off", so I didn't want one of those, so ... laziness strikes again.
And here it is 1:18, and I am sooo hungry. I had my mid-morning snack, and a nice salad with some chili on top for lunch (swapped out the chicken for older leftovers), and I'm guzzling water and hoping my protein kicks in soon, but honestly, how many times do I have to learn this lesson? Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day, particularly when you're trying to stay on plan. Dummy!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Gah, another maintainence day at 1800 cal. I am never going to lose any more weight at this rate.

Breakfast--1/2 banana, 2C skim milk, 1.5C Kashi 7 grain cereal, hot tea
Lunch--ham and turkey sub on wheat with lots of veggies from Subway, water
Dinner--chicken enchilada, lots of fresh salsa, beans, a small amount of sour cream and cheese, iced tea

=======================

math puppy--down a pants size rocks! And wow--five hours of kung fu? I would not be able to crawl out the door afterwards! May you burn a zillion calories and get buff!

Beverly--poor car! We tend to keep our cars 10+ years, too. I wish we couldh ave bought a hybrid last time, but they just weren't available then.

Schmoodle--I agree--I have to have a decent breakfast! How did the rest of your day go?

GirlyGirl--Congrats on being able to stick with your exercise plan! And I'm ok, just cross and hungry. Why is it so easy some weeks to eat 1200-1500-- cal and be fine, then be starving on another week at 1800?

mj5--hope things settle down at work for you!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote