Old 05-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Height: 5'3"

Default Back from my trip - brothers did comment on my weight

Hi -

So I had posted previously about my upcoming trip and I was in total despair about seeing my brothers and what their comments might be regarding my weight. I was so desperate to lose something before they see me.

I had a great vacation, but both my brothers did comment on my weight. I told them I have lost 10 pounds since they last saw me, and one of them said but you have 90 to go. The other one just said I need to take care of myself for my kids' sake. True enough.

It hurt to hear, but it is true. So I am back!- ready to begin anew.
avi0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:17 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I'm really glad you have such a positive outlook on it! I don't think anybody should have to suffer from the words of their loved ones, but if it helps motivate you further then so be it.

Well done on those 10 lbs
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Use their words as FUEL for your rocket of desire for a new body!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Glad one brother has something positive to say. Perhaps, the other comment can help too. We never know where motivation comes from. You are doing great!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #5  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Guys are so clueless about the emotional implications of their words. So many of them think you should 'just do it' (like we're living in a Nike ad!) and that it's as simple as that. I'm glad you didn't let their reactions get you down; that proves you are strong enough to keep going.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 264/264/140

I'm kinda the same when seeing my extended family because we only see them once a year and their right gossips so you know their talking about you once you've left. Choosing the outfit is a right nightmare and their all trendy londeners. I'm just waiting till next christmas at our next visit for me to be a lot lighter, give them something good to say about me behind my back.
And yeh guys only ever notice bad things, nice new hair, gorgeous new cloths they won't have a clue.
Let the comments make you want to loose the weight and get the compliments it deserves.
Good luck
lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Height: 5'3"

Thank you all so much - your support, as always, keeps me going. They really are good brothers, and I take their words as well-meaning (mostly).
Thanks again, and good luck to us all on our journey.

Last edited by avi0903; 05-06-2008 at 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling
avi0903 is offline   Reply With Quote