Old 05-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default MAY NSV's

Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #2  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I have some!

* Two more people at work have noticed and commented on my weight loss.

* I am able to run both faster and longer on the treadmill now.

* My pants are definitely looking a little baggy on me now.

* I resisted going on a junk-food binge the other day when I was both tired and stressed from working 8 hours of overtime -- which would usually be a trigger to gobble up junk food left and right. Not only did I resist, but I wasn't all that tempted to do it anyway. AND I still went home and jumped on the treadmill even after coming home so late! I think I'm becoming obssessed with working-out, and that's just fine with me.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:37 AM   #3  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

I bought a size REGULAR 16 dress from Dress Barn for DBF's law school graduation. I know their sizes run pretty big, but I'm still darned happy about it because the plus sized dresses there are $10 more when you find them in the same style... haha.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #4  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Well, by now everyone should know that I have moved

I post so often here. The big deal about moving was not the moving itself but how much I fell off my food plan. Uff da! Oy! and all that jazzamarazz.

My May NSV is that I resumed my food plan, lost the 7 lbs I had gained from delivery pizza, homemade fudge and regular potato chips (2 big bags!--I haven't done that in years). I ate "clean" and lost that water bloat.

Now, what I am even more pleased with is I took a deep breath and changed my ticker backwards while I was waiting for that 7 lbs to go down the toilet (literally).

For me, the NSV about this is I "owed" up to my indiscretion without whining (I don't think I whined ,did I?), I didn't feel sorry for myself, I didn't throw a scene, although I was very disappointed (I could have dusted with my chin it was that low) and I kept to task.

I won the battle... now I plan to win the war! for Me!
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:14 AM   #5  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Down about 35 pounds now. I keep startling myself when I go to put my hand to my throat or hold onto one of my arms. It's not there or it's so much smaller. I go to put my hand to my throat and my hand has to keep going to reach it. I'm able to wear necklaces I'd set aside because they'd become chokers. I grab my arm and it feels flat out skinny. My watch fits nicely now instead of threatening to cut off my circulation. Wow, Wow and Wow. It's still startling me and it feels like it happened overnight.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #6  
TBL Black Team Member

S/C/G: 253/237/153

Height: 5'8"

Here's my NSV's so far...

I put on a pair of jeans that I couldn't fit into even when I was 235 lbs (I'm 250 now)... reason being is that I lost 6.5" in the last 4 weeks!! Yay!!
Halichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #7  
TBL Black Team Member

S/C/G: 253/237/153

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLouWho View Post
I bought a size REGULAR 16 dress from Dress Barn for DBF's law school graduation. I know their sizes run pretty big, but I'm still darned happy about it because the plus sized dresses there are $10 more when you find them in the same style... haha.

Yay!! Don't you love being able to buy something not rediculously overpriced?! Plus sized clothes are way too expensive. Keep up the great work!!
Halichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #8  
Amy

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/170

Height: 5' 8"

I had to remove a set of rings because they were literally falling off. But they are really nice, so I'm going to wait until goal (God willing) to get them re-sized.

More people have noticed my weight loss at work.

I fit into some size 20 jeans I wore years ago.

Yeah!!

Amy
oreokitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Last night I reached over and put my hand on the outside of my upper arm below the shoulder and it was HARD. I was like, WTH???? I had to check it out. There is a muscle there, where'd that come from??
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

This is a silly thing, but I'm proud of myself...
I gagged down a bowl of oatmeal!!!! I haaaate oatmeal, but I found a new kind that has tons of vitamin s in it, and for some reason I get sick when I take regular vitamins, even kid ones. So I now look for vitamin rich food. I have never in my life been able to eat oatmeal (I like the taste, can't stand the texture). It is so hard for me to swallow, with out barfing. I rewarded myself with fresh strawberries.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #11  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Chicky
That is great. Sometimes we really do things we hate because it is good for us. Oh my gosh, if it weren't for the carbs I would eat oatmeal morning noon and night.

Lyn
Nice going. When you do your workouts pay attention to your arms. Look at them. I get a kick out of seeing the muscle in my bicep while I do exercises. I never had a muscle before lol.

oreo
Those are some reason nice showings of losing weight. Take each and everything that happens and enjoy it to the fullest.

hali
Great going on the weight loss and the clothes fitting so much better.

Lindsey
Terrific going on finding something in a 16 that fit great.

Apple
Sounds like you have done a lot of great things for yourself. I am real happy for you.

I bought some size 11 pants that fit. I got some 10's that are a bit tight around the waist but I couldn't believe I could button them.

Web
The scale showing us our loss is terrific. Our body showing us our loss is even better. Looks at your arms and wrists and fingers don't they look skinny now lol.

Pam
You have done terrific. I think one of the biggest Nvs's any of us can have is look ourself straight in the face and realize we are the only ones that can change things.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:24 AM   #12  
finding herself

S/C/G: 241/226/175

Height: 5'7"

others have been commenting on my weight loss. :-)

None of my pants fit with out a belt and I am about to move on to yet another set of holes. (thank goodness it is about garage sale season)

I wore one of my 14yo ds's sweatshirts yesterday.
newbebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #13  
FB

I was drying my hair last night and FREAKED OUT when I glanced in the mirror, screamed for the husband, something was wrong with my wrists- there were these godawful lumps on them....

BONY WRISTS! I have noticeable wrist bones. When did that happen?

I had to laugh at myself afterwards!

Last edited by FB; 05-05-2008 at 10:29 AM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I'm standing in line for my once a week frozen nonfat yogurt treat when an old man standing behind me tapped me on the shoulder. He said "I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you a runner? You look like a runner." I responded with "I only run if somebody's chasing me, but I do work out a lot." He thought that was hysterical and told me I looked very fit.

A total stranger, even if he was a kooky old man, told me I looked very fit. It was pretty cool. It made me want to go back and work out some more.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #15  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Newbe
Don't we loveeeeeeee yard sale season lol.

fb
That is to funny

Robin
That is terrific. Shows you all the hard work really does get noticed.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote