Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Back again!

Rakel - so good to see you. Glad you are back and that you've taken off two of the pounds that you gained. You have a good plan!

Purple - thank you for the suggestion of journalling about my overeating on WI days. I am going to do this. Ya know, over eating on weigh in day is like packing an extra suitcase before you start the journey. Thanks.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #32  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I came close to oversleeping again this am....I think it's because things are super hectic at work, then I try to do a lot when I get home too.....I really need to slow down! This weekend I am taking a break from my cleaning project. Saturday is mj day--finally cashing in on my mani/pedi rewards and maybe a little shopping after!

Ginger--Welcome back!!!

Darkblue--Hope you are feeling better!

math puppy--YEA!!! for an OP day! Sounds like an interesting plan. Dinner is so hard for me most of the time...

Beverlyjoy--Interesting observation. I know you will get a handle on it and get back on track!

Rakel--Welcome back! I love WATP! When I get up early enough in the am, I do part of one before work...great way to start the day!

Tonight I will go to the gym. Planned workout is legs/back and cardio.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:29 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

I got in a 1 mile walk last night. I will only be doing some extra walking today at rest stops. Tomorrow morning, we are going to go buy our season pass for Silver Dollar City and plan on going there just about everyday so that will be plenty of walking. Have a good week!
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:31 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I didn't want to do my Jillian workout this AM and i had the perfect excuse: they are going to take my picture with my son when I pick him up at preschool at noon, so I didn't want to get all sweaty and have to shower and pull myself together again for the picture. BUT once I started trying to convince myself not to do it I immediately turned it on and just did it. Once I started I was so glad I did! This is only day 4 OP, but I have been just doing things even though I don't want to and it's starting to really be just a given I am going to do it...I am not allowing myself to question and discuss it, just DOING IT. I feel proud of myself today

I am very, very nervous about having my picture taken with my son though. I hate pictures, they always are so horrible

Yes mj, go pamper yourself! Over 60 lbs. lost, you so deserve it!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:11 PM   #35  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Hey beautiful ladies!

I'm hoping today will be good. DD is sick. I was planning on going to the Y this morning to work out, and I got up early, showered, dressed and was ready to go, but then DD started whimpering and was in desperate need of a morning of cuddles. She's feeling better now, but I'm putting her down for a nap. Hopefully this afternoon we can head out to the gym. I have my new Martha Stewart Living to read!!!

I'm also down to 270, which is bizarre. I weighed myself at my parents house and was at 275, but god only knows what the scale difference is. Then I freaked out when I weighed myself as soon as we got back home and I was at 278. Then I dropped to 270 the past two mornings. So, if I've actually managed to lose 3 pounds, I'll be ecstatic and kissing Paul McKenna's buttocks.

Today I'm cleaning and packing my superfat clothes to give away. I think it'll be good for me not to have the big clothing to fall back upon.

mj, I got a manicure and pedicure last week and I thought of you! I think I'm going to use that as a reward, too. It feels so wonderfully indulgent. =D I hope you'll have a good day to relax this weekend. You deserve it! Good job limiting your portion sizes. I'm a big fan of using small plates. I always eat my food in tiny bowls or on a saucer, which makes it look like so much more.

Rakel, good job getting back on track! We're here for you! How is married life treating you?

gaia, you have a great plan! I know what you mean about the South Beach diet being unsatisfying. During Phase 1, I think I eat more than I normally would. Do whatever it takes to keep your "want" button broken! =D lol

cheetara, haha cheers for Thundercats! Where'd the bread go? That's curious.

Darkblue, you're doing so well -- don't feel bad about dragging. There are good days and bad. Did you feel any better last night? I hope you're doing well today.

Scoobie, yay for the season pass! =D

Ginger, I can't believe you're sick again -- that's awful!!

likenoother, hahahaha yea sometimes I can't remember what I ate, either. I love veggie sausage, too. SOOOO good!!!!

Purple, yay for doing the Jillian workout!!! Good job psyching yourself into doing it instead of taking an out. That's awesome.

Beverly, you are inspiring. Seventy pounds, woohoooo! I'm so excited for you getting to Onderland! =D That is so thrilling. I hope you're so proud of yourself. That's really interesting about your pattern of eating more on the WI day. Hmm...

Rhonda, I hope your project is going well and you're not insanely stressed out!!! Yay for the C25K!!! =D

Schmoodle, ooo Hershey Park!! You had a fun weekend. =D

Math, that's a good idea, experimenting with a week of maintaining. I think that's probably really critical in keeping it off long-term. You've done well staying OP. How is your girl feeling?
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:48 PM   #36  
mj5

Hi again! So yesterday at work was SUPER hectic. Really the only thing I accomplished, was to type a To Do list. Sad, I know. Well, it worked! I accomplished most of the items on my list. I just re-adjusted it for tomorrow....hopefully tomorrow will be as productive!
Purple--That is awesome!!!! I am so proud of you! I am sure the picture will be fine. I absolutely hate having my picture taken too. I can't wait to pamper myself!

txmomma--Did you get to the Y? Isn't a mani/pedi just wonderful?! I wish my budget could support more of them, that's for sure! I finally downloaded the mp3's,now I have to remember to listen to them!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #37  

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!! As a very fat person (301 lbs), I think that maybe one of the biggest things that mess us up is starting too low in Daily Calorie Intake when we start a "plan"...I think our bodies, expecially because of the size, really start hitting us with hunger and cravings to let us know its not pleased--so it's doubly hard for us to stay on a 1500 calorie diet than for someone who only needs to lose 30 or so pounds...AND if we STILL don't "feed" it, it really has a fit and just grinds the old metabolism to a halt....then we don't lose, get discouraged and next thing ya know, it's "won" and is happily being fed what it wants instead of what is good for it. That's why I started this one with 1800-2000--but since I came off SBD, I haven't reach 1800 cals yet--and I've eaten really well! Oh, well...point is, I'm not going hungry, and my body isn't rebelling on me yet. Besides, I've threatened it that the first week it slows down and stops cooperating, I'm going to go back on the Phase 1 South Beach program... that's enough to scare a couple of more pounds off.

Breakfast: A McDs Sausage Biscuit 460
cola 140

No Snack

Lunch: Lean Cuisine Chicken Caesar 230

Snack: fudgsicle 80

I'm having a beef wrap for dinner (pounded round steak with a potato, onion, carrots, rolled up, then wrapped in foil and baked in the oven at 400 for one hour, opened and allowed to brown...oh yummm 500
Along with some Mixed veggies and corn 150

Snack: dk--maybe an orange if I'm hungry. But the total for the above is 1560--see! Not even close to 1800! Hmmm I'll have WW bread with dinner as well, I guess.

Last edited by gaia3; 04-30-2008 at 04:16 PM.
gaia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #38  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi Ladies,

I've been all over the place today eating wise. I'm not over calories, but it does seem that I have been eating very randomly. I don't have a plan for the day, but because I don't feel well, I don't know if I'll want salad for lunch GWIM?

I've juiced this morning, I feel better than yesterday, I've used my nettie pot (so far so good, but I'll tell you - it's definitely hard to get used to). I've taken my oil of oregano - let's see if it really is the super vigilant killer of all germs that it says it is.

Gaia - sounds like a plan...I like to eat about 1600 calories to lose weight, so I think you could easily do 1800.

Mj5- good on ya for the "to-do" list....I make em and break em all the time!

bigtx - a mani and pedi- I'm jealous!! Seriously, I really am sick of the sick. I could easily use expletives. ARGH!

Purple - I am envious of the workouts! I MISS exercise so much. I really, really do.

Beverly -onederland - WOW. more jealousy.

I'm sure i've missed lots of you, but I find I can't stay on here too long, or I start to obsess.

Cheers,
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:24 AM   #39  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

God bless me for exercising today! I was beginning to doubt my commitment to sparkle motion. But, I dragged my butt up and suffered through a 2 mile WATP while DD napped. It was painful to keep on. Then I went to the Y this pm and struggled through 25 mins on the bike and 15 mins on the treadmill. It was SO, SOOOOOOOOO hard to get going. =/ And I've definitely lost some flexibility and stamina from not exercising for a week. But it'll come back soon enough. I feel so good for biting the bullet and doing it. I need to regain focus, or at least pretend. =/

Ginger, that's amazing you don't go over cals when you're eating all over the place. Hope the oil works. !! I bet it smells nice.

lol mj, a to-do list is a good place to start!!! Sucks that you're so busy. LISTEN TO THE MP3s! Let Paul McKenna seduce you! I go to sleep listening to it. I think it works.

gaia, I think you're right about being too low cal. =D I'm going to try going higher cal this week to see if I can maintain loss.

Hope everyone is doing brilliantly.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:54 AM   #40  

S/C/G: Size 26/22/8

I don't know why I still buy ice cream sandwiches... I don't have a problem with non-pre-portioned items, but packaged treats are eeeeevil. Eeeeevil, I say. I went back and had the last 3 last night before bed. So, I'm not going to buy any of those for at least a good six months.

I feel much better today, though. I didn't exercise because I was still upset about last night, but I felt better after putting on a flattering color (mulberry), makeup (good face day) and I could visually tell that I had lost weight for the first time. YEAH! I even fought off pizza cravings. And I found my bread.

B: PBJ
L: Eggs w/FF cheese and spinach, sausage, 1 qt. strawberries
D: Chicken taco (chx breast, cream of mushroom, FF cheese, salsa, tortilla), milk
S: FF brownie, milk

Ginger: What kinds of juices do you usually make? What's a nettie pot? Hope you're feeling better!
Purple and BTM: While making breakfast, I started talking on the phone and left the bread on the table with the phone. Basically, I couldn't see what was in plain sight.
Rhonda: Former quitter! I LOVE IT!!!
Mathpuppy: When I first saw "kitty kisses", I was visualizing cat treats... I sure hope those weren't a highlight of your day!
Beverly: How awesome that you are almost to onederland!!! Take me with you!
mj: How exactly does WATP work?
gaia: How awesome to have a broken want button. Hope it continues!
Shay: What's in your citrus couscous chicken salad?
Darkblue: We're in the same boat re: exercise, water, and pizza. At least we have the pizza thing down!
Rakel: Nice to see you're rejoining us!
Scoobie: what is Silver Dollar City?

Last edited by cheetara; 05-01-2008 at 01:57 AM.
cheetara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:57 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chickies...yesterday was a healthful on plan day - I am grateful.

Thanks for all you good wishes of me almost being to Onederland. Two more pounds and I'll be there. Heck it's been over 20 years since I weighed 201 (my current weight) - but, getting to Onderland has always seemed impossible. But - I hoping to get there in May.

Today, I need to send out confirmations and invoices for summer work. I am almost done with June.

Last day of PT.

Supper out with friends. We both have the "Entertainment Book" - where you get one supper free. We are going to the Winking Lizard - I am going to get a veggie burger.

breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb, 1/2 banana
snack - my fancy coffee
lunch - open face turkey and lite cheese, spaghetti squash
snack - hard boiled egg whites, strawberries
dinner - veggie burger, side of tomatoes
snack - cereal, skim milk, flax

I hope you all have a great healthy on plan day. Be kind to yourself.

Hug yourself---->

I'll be back later to catch up. Gotta run.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-01-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:32 AM   #42  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

Sorry that I've not been posting here much. I've been having a bit of a committment issue, but it's all good now. Today is OP day 2 and I'm ready to head for Onederland. Beverly, save a spot for me!

The job stress and financial woes have been an issue lately, but I'm realizing that I can't put my weight-loss journey on hold everytime stress comes into my life again. Goodness, this is how I got in this situation in the first place! So, I'm putting one foot in front of the other and making my way.

Today's plan: I will track all calories and walk for 60 minutes.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #43  

I think you all are going along fantasticly! Congratulations to the Onederlands and the "almost" Onederlands!! Ahhh--what a wonderful dream...it's going to take me at least 9 months to get there---how proud you all must be!!

The "want" button is apparently still broken for me. lol While I was cooking dinner, I had a cup of FF buttermilk. I had planned to have a "rolled pounded steak" for dinner, but instead had a small lean hamburger patty cooked with a small potato, baby carrots, onions and mushrooms...I LOVE that. I brown the meat, add the veggies and mushrooms, some beef stock and lemon juice--plus some other favorite herbs and seasonings and--oh yum! Cook until the taters are done.

With that I had some mixed veggies. And later for a snack, about 5 small bites of Pickled Pig's feet. I love them, but the strong vinegar taste is very overwhelming so it doesn't take but a few bites to "have enough".

Around 12:00 am, I had some Sesame Crackers and FF cream cheese (about 155 calories), but that's added to today's calories. Yesterday's cals. again weren't quite at 1800.
gaia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #44  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

Good morning!

Planning on going to the Y. I'm doing some cleaning and unpacking. And being lazy. I'll probably do a WATP video again during DD's nap (she's a bit warm and not feeling quite well), and then gym after an early dinner.

Be back for personals in a bit.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #45  
mj5

Hi everyone! This morning I dragged myself out of bed and did a 2 mile walk slim dvd. I am really looking forward to this week being over! I need some down time.

Ginger--How are you feeling today?

txmomma--I was really dragging my butt this am to get a walk slim dvd in. Just was SO not into it, which is really unusual. I think I have just been so busy at work and then trying to clean a lot on the weekends, there hasn't been a lot of 'fun' weekend time. That all changes this weekend!!! I will listen to the mp3 tonight! Maybe that's what I need to get myself moving!!! Which dvd did you do today?

cheetara--Good for you for not getting any more ice cream sandwiches. I have certain things I just can't (or shouldn't) have in the house! Walking Away The Pounds are workout dvd's that incorporate walking in place, knee lifts, etc. I love them because you don't need a lot of room and they are great workouts. If you do a search under Leslie Sansone...you'll get a much better explaination that what I just gave you!

Beverlyjoy--Have fun at dinner! Celebrating the last day of pt?

Rhonda--Yea for putting yourself first! How was your walk?

gaia3--Mmm, your dinner sounds so good, except for the pickled pigs feet part...I love pickled veggies and things like that, just not so sure about pigs feet!