Old 04-27-2008, 10:23 AM   #1  

Default "Do-over" Sunday

I've been denying my inability to stick to my plan lately -- and I need a "do-over" -- anyone else want to start fresh with me today?

Also, my 8 year old asked my husband and I this morning who our first date was, when did we start to date each other, etc. Then, he said "mom, were you fat then too?" -- I almost cried in front of him, but was able to answer "no" -- luckily my husband was smart enough to tell my son that's not a nice question to ask someone (saved his butt!!).

Today is a new day, new week, new start -- if you need to start over -- today's the day -- we can and will do this --

Last edited by shelby897; 04-27-2008 at 10:28 AM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

You're not alone Shelby. I'll take my do-over along with you! Let's start this again and do it right today. Then, we can do it right tomorrow. One day at a time!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #4  
SeaWave

I'm in too, and glad to have company (this site is so great!)

I've been on a special diet for some follow-up treatments that have been inconclusive, and I was going to put off going on SBD. But I finally decided that if I wait for everything to be perfect, I'll never start. So today is my do-over day too!

I've bought a new scale, and weigh 10 lbs more than on my other scale.: Strangely enough, I find this encouraging as it's more in line with my last hospital weigh-in, so I feel I now have a more trustworthy tool. Seeing is believing for me, and I'm very reliant on the "count down". I'm going to be working on identifying baby-steps goals (and rewards!), but my overall goal is to go from my present 250 lbs to 125 lbs (need to fix my weight tracker!) So on to

and to everyone!
Old 04-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

What a great idea! I had my do-over begin about a week and a half ago but I am with you all the way. I recommit to more and more good days and to NOT go bonkers through the upcoming PMS days!!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/268/175

Height: 6'1"

I thought my PMS days were going to wreck me. Ordinarily, when my TOM is on it's way I eat everything not nailed down. obviously. lol. I don't need a do-over yet, but could I have picked a worse week to start "eating right" ?? GEEZ.
Czarria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:59 PM   #7  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

What a great idea! Count me in! I've been planning my do-over for the last 2 months Guess it's time to get off my (larger) butt
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:20 PM   #8  

So, how did everyones "do-over day" go? I did great, finally -- ate what I was supposed to and exercised right on schedule. The amazing thing is, I've felt tired and crappy the last few days -- by the middle of today I had 1/2 my energy back and I feel much better -- how many times do I have to get hit in the head with the "diet hammer" to get this right!! Eating crap = feeling like crap, eating well = feeling great

Hope everyone had an awesome day and are geared up for another one tomorrow!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Look at all you guys brave enough for a do over! Good job all of you!!

Shelby, I wanted to offer you a !! Part of what really put me on track this time, and made me decide I was in this for the long haul was a comment by my 9 year old son. I don't even remember just what it was, but I do know I had to leave the room and barely made it out of view before the tears started pouring! I was crushed beyond belief!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:54 AM   #10  

hey there, just checking in. My do-over is still holding good (though getting in the exercise is a bit of a struggle ) How is everyone else holding up?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:32 PM   #11  

Great job -- I unfortunately took a few days to get my do-over going, but I'm right on track today and looking forward to keeping it up -- hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:51 AM   #12  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

My do-over is still going well. It has been hard getting the exercise back in because it is... once again... difficult to do since I'm out of shape. I was doing so well before! Anyway, I'm working to get it back and to keep going this time. So far, so good!

Glad it worked for others, too. I guess we just have to make the statement that we are so far off track and that we need to start again. You just have to face it!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Glad it worked for others, too. I guess we just have to make the statement that we are so far off track and that we need to start again. You just have to face it!!
Truer words were never spoken! (that was the big stumbling block in my do-over. I couldn't admit that I had to start all over again)
Old 05-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/268/175

Height: 6'1"

Yep... Yesterday my boyfriend took me out to lunch. Chinese. The horror. The bad thing is, I did eat a whole plate. The good thing is, I didn't eat 3. The bad thing is, I totally stumbled and ate horrible food. the good thing is, it made me feel horrible. Lethargic. Icky. Gross. Why is that good? It was completely unsatisfying, and I regretted it instantly. Today I woke up from a nap craving a salad. so.. I must be doing something right. And at least now next time my boyfriend wants to take me out to lunch, we'll both do the right thing .
Czarria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #15  

Czairra -- I always joke that I want some kind of zap collar to give me that gross, I ate too much feeling, without actually having to do it!!!

I'm in the same boat -- when I do bad -- it's still not as horrible as my bad used to be!!!