Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthey78 View Post
What is C25K?
Couch to 5K - a training program to run 3 miles. http://www.c25K.com
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 224/221/160

Height: 5' 7"

I did my Jari Love last night, felt really good, hurt my arms and legs, but felt good!! today is Tae Bo!!!
Parveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 305/300/1-236/2-180

Height: 5' 6"

Today I did 50 crunches and 1.5 miles walking, hopefully going to do some more crunches and possibly weights
Rayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 308/303/180

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone,
I walked last night for 2 miles, this morning I was on the treadmill for a half hour and tonight I'll do another 2 miles...I'm trying to get ready for the March of Dimes walk this weekend. I'll be walking 6 miles.
Keep motivated everyone !
Kelly
kellsua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #35  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

You all rock!!

I was supposed to to C25K Week 3 Day 3, I use the little podcasts to tell me when to start and stop jogging. Well, halfway through the warmup - the batteries died on my MP3 player (note to self - always check the batteries before leaving home).

So, since I was already at the track, I decided to alternate walk one time around and jog one time around. I did 4 laps walking and 5 jogging. So 2.25 miles. I decided to see how far I could go around on the last jog - and did 2 laps around the track. I can jog for 1/2 a mile at a time! I am so excited!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #36  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

WOW Lori - that is fantastic!! I can't wait until I can jog for a long time like that!

I am going now to walk my 1.5 miles with the pooch!
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:45 PM   #37  
FB

Did my daily dog walk with not one but TWO crazy dogs. I think my dog walks are toning my arms as well. We went 1.5 miles tonite too- like Gurly!

After dinner a 30 minute stationary bike ride at an average of 14 mph- probably not impressive (I have no clue about these things) BUT a new record for me to sustain it for so long!

Edited because I messed up my km to miles conversion.

Lori- I can never remember to charge my iPod... it's been in the car for a month with a wiped out battery. Don't you hate a useless mp3 player? I always think to charge while I'm in the middle of exercising, but forget afterwards!

Last edited by FB; 04-23-2008 at 10:49 PM. Reason: bad math!
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:06 AM   #38  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

I did my walk tonight and ended up going shopping with a friend at an outdoor mall. We walked FOREVER! Does that count as exercise?!?!

Swim - I might try and jog on the rocks. It just makes me nervous because I have rolled one of my ankles SOO many times and broke it once. Im scared I will step wrong on a rock.
Fawn - I have some trails...but all rock. I think I might look at the school near my house and see what the track is like and if a lot of people go there.
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 320/270/160

Height: 5'8"

Woke up at 3:30 this morning - my usual. I work night shift, and 95% of the time I sleep at night, I wake up at 3:30. Anyway, this morning, I got up, shaved my legs, ate a light breakfast, played with the dogs for a little while, and then went on to the gym when it opened at 5 am. Woo hoo! Did my 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer, then a little lower body weight training. I jumped on the stationary bike after the weight training because it helps my legs not to be so sore the next day. I was listening to the RENT soundtrack, and before I knew it, I had done 30 minutes on the bike too when I just meant to do 10! And I've already had 6 glasses of water this morning.
KristyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #40  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Everyone is doing great!!

Yesterday we started putting in our garden which is pretty huge. I hate the planning stages of it because I never know what to put where..lol. We had the tractor come till it last week to get it ready (we live on hubby's families farm), and his uncle said we were safe to start planting most stuff now. The biggest challenge was strawberries. I needed a spot for them that wouldn't get tilled next year... not an easy task, so I just took one end row and put in 21 plants.. I love strawberries!! YUMMY! Then I did a fast half hour on the treadmill. All that on top of my 3mi WATP.

So far today I did the 3mi WATP, I woke up late and am way behind myself.. grrrr I should be out hanging clothes by now and heading back to the garden to put in onions, radishes and carrots, but here I sit.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

No exercise for me yesterday, I was feeling a little off at work, and by the time I got home I was useless. I'm still extremely sick today, I might even have to call in sick.. yuck! Hopefully I can get back at it tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

Gurly - I hear you on the ankle thing, I've rolled mine more times than I can count! Maybe find something a little safer! Don't wanna be sidelined.

hmmm, on that ipod charging thing.. my brother is big on mac's (all my family has a mac computer and ipod of some sort), and what I've learned is that if you leave the battery dead for too long sometimes they won't charge, in which case you will have to get a new battery! So charge your ipod! I tried to get the battery replaced on my ipod mini and it was cheaper to get a new ipod

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #42  

Height: 5.6

With all of the rain we have been having this week - I am forgoing the gym because I have so much yard work - so I am averaging a couple of hours in the evening of planting, weeding, putting dirt down, trimming, pruning etc. I was even a little sore this morning.... I LOVE IT!
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #43  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

Good work everyone! Swimgirl I hope you feel better soon. Mon, Tue and Wed I did 4 mile walks. However yesterday I felt a mild pain in my chest while I was walking. I stopped walking and it went away pretty fast. I saw my doctor yesterday afternoon and had an EKG. She said it had non specific abnormalities and made a call to get me to see a cardiologist this afternoon. I have always had a high platelet count so I'm a little worried. So no more exercise until I get a workup.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 305/300/1-236/2-180

Height: 5' 6"

Today I walked 2 miles!
Rayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #45  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Yesterday:

3 Miles Walk Away The Pounds with Stretchie Band (34 minutes)
3 Miles Walk Away The Pounds with Stretchie Band (34 minutes)
1 Miles Walk Away The Pounds (13 minutes)

Today:

Biggest Loser Cardio Max (30 minutes)
Biggest Loser Strenght Training (30 minutes)

I might walk 3 miles tonight or do a few minutes of rowing on my bowflex.
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote