3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Hola! I'm 22 and I want to LIVE! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/139928-hola-im-22-i-want-live.html)

SoyLaBelleza 04-15-2008 11:26 PM

Hola! I'm 22 and I want to LIVE!

:dust:

I'm new obviously. I've peeked in a few times but never committed myself to joining in. So, I might as well start with my story! I'll keep it short. ;)

I'm 22 years old and way overweight. My doctor wants me to get blood work because she suspects hypothyroidism but I know that isn't nearly the whole problem (if it is, in fact, a problem at all. We'll see!) I haven't had the peachiest life and I am definitely an emotional eater. I'm trying to channel my emotions in more constructive directions. :beach: I'm trying to battle my personal demons. I think that is the biggest thing to overcome for me. I've lost 15-20 pounds so far. A good start to my long term goal. :)

:sunny: Also, I would be totally open to a buddy! Feel free to message me.

Also, hi everyone! :wave:

kisskiss 04-15-2008 11:33 PM

:welcome:
i love 3fc, so is sure you will too. I lurked for awhile before joining up. I am 21, and speak spanish (as i suspect you do ??)
congrats on the 15 pounds lost, and more to come :)
R u following any sort of plan??
again, welcome!

SoyLaBelleza 04-15-2008 11:57 PM

Gracias! Estoy aprendiendo! I live in Southern New Mexico so I'm surrounded by it but I'm not fluent. Yet! I have a passion for language and actually hoping to live in South America for a while. I have a friend from Peru and one from Argentina. I'm going to go with her to Peru when she visits her family. Immersion seems to be my plan for success. :D

I'm not following any plan exactly. I like the South Beach Diet. Love whole foods. I'm just putting together my own thing I think. How about you? :)

Oh, and your picture is beautiful!

kisskiss 04-16-2008 03:17 AM

thank you. my avatar is when i had long hair (i recently cut it and cant wait for it to grow back)
I live in Los Angeles and so am surrounded by Spanish speakers also. Plus I'm a Chicana :) Going to Peru sounds awesome!
Im a huge calorie-counter and that has been working for me. I figure once I hit a plateau I will change it up and might decide to try an actual diet like fat smash.

Beverlyjoy 04-16-2008 08:31 AM

Welcome....glad you've posted. Join in - you'll find this a wonderful place with lots of support, wonderful ideas and friends to help you in your journey. :D

findingfawn 04-16-2008 08:55 AM

Welcome to the board! I hope you find this place as amazing as I do and you stick around. It's a great place to come when you feel you are having a weak moment, or just want a good strong push in the right direction!

Congrats on your weightloss so far, remember to take it one day at a time and before you know it you will be at goal!

WinterStarzz 04-16-2008 09:03 AM

Welcome! This is a great place to be. I look forward to hearing more from you!

Trazey34 04-16-2008 09:10 AM

hi & welcome! good for you for starting this journey at a young age - I wish I hadn't waited til 40 :)

Be sure to come & visit us often!

LaurieDawn 04-16-2008 09:43 AM

Welcome! This is a challenge, for sure, but I have found it to be a wonderful journey of self-discovery. I know you will find it just as rewarding!

SoyLaBelleza 04-16-2008 10:58 AM

:D Muchas gracias everyone! I already think this is a great place.

kisskiss, I just did the same thing! I loved my long hair and then I got impulsive and... I'm waiting for it back.

Tai 04-16-2008 12:08 PM

Welcome! We're very glad you're here.

barbygirl43 04-16-2008 12:16 PM

:welcome2: You've come to a great place for support. WTG on the weight loss :bravo:

Cassie501107 04-16-2008 12:55 PM

Welcome! Glad to have you aboard!:)

jillybean720 04-16-2008 02:28 PM

I'm 25 and am just a bit heavier than you. 3FC is FABULOUS! You've found a great place for support and ideas. I did (and still try to do) South Beach, and I think it's a great plan because it focuses on healthy, whole foods. A lot of people have the misconception that it's low carb, but it's not--it's good carb :)

Oh, and just a few weeks ago, I chopped about a foot of hair off (donated to Locks of Love). I'm currently in the "frowing back" stage as well :dizzy:

xGurlyGrlx 04-16-2008 03:22 PM

Welcome! I wish I was serious about losing weight when I was 22...I am now 24. I follow South Beach and it is great! Good luck and post often so we can get to know you better! :D