I am really annoyed with having to lose and re-lose the same 3 pounds over and over. Notice, I am annoyed... but not frustrated. The difference being I totally understand why this is happening and what I need to do to change it, and there is no chance, NONE, that I am going to give up and regain. But still...
I was noticing that the last time I lost ten pounds, it took me 18 days. Only one day was off-plan (over calories). All the other days I ate under 1500 and stuck to my exercise.
Since then, I have lost 4 pounds... in 39 days. The difference is that 11 of those days were off plan. UGH. 11/39 = 28% of the time being off plan. Even with nearly doubling my aerobic exercise (biking) and adding strength training, I cannot effectively lose weight if I am off plan 28% of the time! Wake up, Lyn...
I need to get back to something more like 1/18 (5%). I am recommitting myself to work harder and stick with it mroe diligently.
I have been facing some major stresses...
1. bad areas on my mammogram that are worrisome and they are doing a closer look tomorrow
2. pap came back bad, moderate dysplasia, precancerous cells which they are going to do a culposcopy and biopsy and maybe more procedures... but I couldnt get in for 2 more weeks
3. son broke his finger and missed half of baseball season but just got cleared from the dr to play, and on the same day he got suspended from the team because his GPA got too low... UGH!!!
4. DH coming home this week... along with all his chips, cookies, candy, offers to eat out, and his "I am not attracted to skinny women" comments
6. son's birthday party this week AND he is starting to drive!! (this is not the one with the bad grades, BTW)
Anyway I need to catch a breather. I have been riding my bike extra to deal with the stress, and not binging.
I guess I just needed to vent. I always get such great encouragement and insights from you folks. Thank for being here.