Old 04-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingfawn View Post
Switzie, if I didn't have a house full of kids to care for, I would partner up with you. I couldn't leave my kids that long, we don't have a good "care for the kids" system set up for our family. If they aren't with hubby or I it's a very rare occasion! Hubby works alot to support us so him caring for them is out of the question too.
I agree. I couldn't imagine leaving my kids for 4 months, even if I did have someone to watch them. Aside from the kids, being weighed on national TV while wearing nothing but a sports bra and spandex shorts is a pretty big deterrent too!
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 222/220.6/122

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
***** SPOILER WARNING***** COUPLES SEASON WINNER MENTIONED****

Oh gosh, thanks Traci. There are lot of folks here on 3FC who would have been great contenders on that show, I've no doubt.

Many people have mentioned the Biggest Loser to me, including my kids. But I tell you. When I was 287 lbs, keep in mind I'm only 5 feet tall, there was no way on earth I could have done the physical activities that they did. No way. There is no doubt in my mind I would have been carted off on a stretcher. And I don't think I could have handled being on TV in those outfits and being weighed publicly and all that stuff. But I sure am glad for Ali and all those others who have achieved success because of the show. I sure as heck hope they keep it up.
Hi, I'm a new member of 3FC. I just thought I'd let you know that reading your stats led me to join this site. (I didn't think it was possible to lose over 150lbs in 10 months!) I'm 220.6 lbs as of today and only 5' tall. I would ultimately like to lose 100 lbs. It seems insurmountable right now, but seeing that you've done it makes it seem possible. (Difficult, but possible.) May I ask if there was a program that you followed? If you'd rather not reveal it I understand, but again, I would just like to tell you that you've inspired me. Thanks!
malty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:34 AM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by malty11 View Post
Hi, I'm a new member of 3FC. I just thought I'd let you know that reading your stats led me to join this site. (I didn't think it was possible to lose over 150lbs in 10 months!) I'm 220.6 lbs as of today and only 5' tall. I would ultimately like to lose 100 lbs. It seems insurmountable right now, but seeing that you've done it makes it seem possible. (Difficult, but possible.) May I ask if there was a program that you followed? If you'd rather not reveal it I understand, but again, I would just like to tell you that you've inspired me. Thanks!

Hi Malty. Welcome to 3FC. I am so very glad that you're here and thrilled and humbled to hear that I've inspired you. Thanks so much.

As far as the program that I've followed, I am a calorie counter. Calorie counting is the only thing that could possibly "work" for me, as it is the only thing that could hold me accountable and forces me to set portion limits. Something I very much need. I choose to make those calories count very much by eating very healthy foods. They give me the most satisfaction and nutrition. I eat protein and/or fiber with each and every meal and snack. I also make sure to eat frequently, every 2 - 2 1/2 hours or so, thus never allowing myself to get hungry.

As far as exercise, I started out slowly by just walking 15 minutes (all I was really capable of back then) and gradually increased. Exercise was and still is a big factor for me.

Planning for me is also essential, big time. I plan out my meals/snacks in advance and always have good healthy foods available in my home and ready to travel as well. Elminating junk from my home has also been vital. It's very important to set yourself up for success.

The most important thing to do is to find something that you can "stick" with LONGTERM, forever in fact. Because if you can't stick with it, then you can't possibly lose the weight and keep it off.

As far as losing 100 lbs, know that is IS doable. Losing weight is a doable thing and anyone really can do it. Why not try looking at it in 10 lb increments? Doesn't seem as daunting that way.

So what kind of plan are you following? Whatever it is, be patient, be open to tweak things, experiment and change it up as you go along. And try your best to be consistient. I look forward to hearing more from you and all about your success!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Robin is an inspiration and she's done it all the right way. The only two things I would tell you is to not get discouraged if your results are slow at first and if you slip up (which we all do) get right back on plan. Don't wait until tomorrow or Monday or the first of the month, do it RIGHT then. That's the biggest difference for me this time around. NO quitting just because I eat something I shouldn't. Live and learn, get back on plan.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote