Accountability / Planning / Menus April 14th-April 20th

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Need some accountability? A place to post your menus? Support? A place to vent? A little bit of everything? Then this is the place for you!! Come on over!
  • Good Morning! Ok, so accountability time. No sticker for me last night. I totally overate and I'm not even sure why. I think it was because I was just not really paying attention to how much I ate until I realized I was really full. Pretty discouraging especially since I have been recently 'talking' on here about paying more attention, etc....guess that just shows how easy it is to lose track!

Hopped on the scale this am and....maintained. I know TOM is coming, so that may be part of it, but still frustrating. Plan for today is to start writing down what I eat, drink lots of water, and hit the gym after work. I am also going to try to up the intensity while at the gym. I bought a new pedometer over the weekend--I lost mine last week and I was really bummed about it, so I'll start over w/ trying to get an average. I also did 2 miles of a walk slim dvd--I forget which one I popped in, but it's the one w/ more intervals. I was sweating this am! Great way to start the day!!!!

Purple--Oh no! I hope you feel better soon! I have never had it, but I have heard it is terrible!

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Hi, Accountability Friends!

Today is my first day back to work. After a horrible night of insomnia, I'm struggling to make sense of the huge workload I had waiting for me. And, today was my official weigh-in day. No surprise....I gained 2.2 pounds. I allowed myself to stay off-plan this weekend. I'm really not sure why. Maybe, if I could figure it out, I'd be at goal by now. It seems like I have a commitment problem. But, like usual, I'll just pick myself back up and keep going.

Purple - Sorry to hear about the poison ivy. I've heard that can be painful. Take care of yourself.
    MJ - Your dedication to your workouts is amazing! Writing everything down is a great idea.

My plan for today: To try to stay sane while catching up with work. And, to drag Hubby out there for our walk. Last week, the walking helped me lose 3.2 pounds. I need to stick with what works.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
  • good morning chicks, let's see if we can make it through a manic monday unscathed!

My plan today:
    B: oatmeal breakfast bar, deviled egg, coffee
    S: V8, Triscuits with Laughing Cow lite cheese
    L: leftover salsa chicken over zucchinni
    S: latte and an apple with peanut butter
    D: sloppy Joes without the bun, mashed turnips
    S: sugar free popsicle

Rhonda, I don't think you have a commitment problem. Whenever you have a hiccup you come right back here and get back on track and that's commitment. Don't lose sight of the fact that you've lost 38 lbs. and kept it off.
    mj, I maintained this week too - but that's a good thing! Next week will be better...
  • Yesterday, I took my son out for a mile walk. It is going to be alot warmer this week. We are going to go for a 2-3 mile walk tonight. I am hoping that the weather is finally going to stay nice enough for daily walks.
  • mj--I am going to buy some small stickers today and steal your idea, hope you don't mind! I have been writing down my daily goals and checking them off, but it's pretty much the same everyday so I am just wasting a ton of paper, the stickers will be easier and less time consuiming. Thanks for the idea.

Rhonda--I have aways felt inspired by you because you never give up competely, you acknowledge the bad periods and come back with a new idea. There is just something to the weekends you need to think about...maybe you are seeing it as separate from the week, like a time to let your guard down, relax, unwind, and that leads into your old favorite comfort, food? For me that is the issue, it's a too relaxed and not focused problem...that and convincing myself i'm jsut not strong enough which is not true.

A quote I am living by this week: "Failures do what is tension relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving." I am going to ask myself this week "is it tension relieving, or goal achieving?" that will help me judge my options maybe.
  • Hi again! So far so good w/ writing things down...I know it's only 1/2 a day so far, BUT I have already figured something out--I didn't eat enough for breakfast today so even though I had a mid-am snack, I was really, really hungry at lunch. I have also realized that I pack way too much food for lunch. I never eat it all and there is a reason I started doing it--I am never really sure what I want and am afraid that I'll get hungry or decide I don't want what I brought and just decide to get take out. So....something to work on there! I need to bring less--even though I don't eat it all, just having it here is tempting and I need to decide that I am sticking to my one lunch out a week. If I use it up, then I won't be able to go out w/ the 'girls' on Friday--something I LOVE to do. Running to the vending machine is just not an option I would choose even though it is right down the hall. I just picked out my afternoon snack and put the rest away! I'll probably just re-pack it for tomorrow's lunch, but that's ok!
    Rhonda--Insomnia is horrible! Ok, so you were off plan, BUT you have a great plan! It's so important to keep going! I am getting so frustrated w/ not seeing a loss...I know, I know...the # doesn't matter. BUT, I am really working hard here, I must be doing something wrong...I am hoping by writing things down I will be able to see where my problem areas are....

Schmoodle--I agree, maintaining is a good thing!

scoobie--Yea for nicer weather and longer outside walks!

Purple--You don't have to steal it, go ahead and use it! I came up w/ it by borrowing ideas from a few other people. It's nice to have that visual!! I really like your quote!
  • Morning guys!

Getting myself back on track, too. I think I'm going to be getting myself in a tizzy up until next week, so I might not be around too much. I've launched back into Phase 1 because I'm eating badly.

We're heading to the Y, and I'll be back later for a ton of personals to catch up on.
  • Lets start with Monday 4.14:

-B: 1 egg
    -S: 1 string chees
    -S: 1 sausage and 1 egg
    -L: 2 eggs w/ sausage
    -S: 20 almonds
    -S: Chicken
    -D: Chicken or Shrimp with Broccoli

Ex: 2 miles (1 mile down) and 50 sit ups
  • txmomma--have fun at the Y! Pop in when you can...we are here for you!!!

Rayelle--Welcome!

I did my planned workout. I even set the bike on intervals...yikes! Talk about intense! I really need to do that again! I was huffing and puffing, sweating, turning red...wait, did I just said I was going to do that again?! Anyway, besides that and bumping up some of my weights, hopefully that will shake things up a little!

Have a great night!
  • On-plan day, despite forgetting my lunch and having to grab food in the cafeteria. Bleh--remind me to never forget my lunch again.

1570 k/cal, 16g fiber , 1L water

I have a bit of a cold, so I'm just dragging today.

Hope everyone had a great on-plan day!
  • Hey there. Ugh, I had a not so good week. Not op at all. And I gained 2 lbs, wich im not broken up over because its only 2lbs and as history has proven to me, I can put away TONS of food, so it could have been much worse.

I wasn’t weighing myself in the morning, journaling my food intakes, or checking in here. All ingredients for a back track. Well, I weighed myself this morning, checked in tonight, and I kept track of my food in my food journal. ( just gotta add in my snack)

I just gotta keep it up! I gotta! I don’t know where my motivation went but im hoping I can drag it back out from where ever it is hidden (even if kicking and screaming, I will drag it back!)

Yawn! Well im sleepy, so off to bed. Ill weigh myself tomorrow morning and my goal is to check in every night of the week. So ill see you all tomorrow!

Girlygirlsebas- I gained 2 lbs too! We can lose them together this week eh?

Mj- writing things down is what keeps me on track. Good luck! I love it when I get to bump up my weights.

Bigtxmomma- have a good work out

Darkblue- lol, cafeteria food bleh! That made me laugh. Good job finding solutions even when said lunch Is forgotten!

Purple- those are pretty purple flowers on your pic.
  • Hi folks...it's good to be back home. We had a wonderful trip - visiting our family and grandson - also, visiting with old time friends (we lived in Michigan for 23 years and have many friends there). WOW - being a grandma is so, so fantastic.

So much fun with my little grandson (14 months)
    He is such a cutie pie. He is constantly jibber jabbering away. He runs around and climbs on everything. He loves to play "hide and seek" - where he stands behind his crib and folks go into is room saying "Where's Alex?" You "look" in th closet, behind the door and chair - and then act suprised when you "find" him behind the crib. Then he giggles. What fun!!

My food was kind of shakey. I made many good choices - but, ultimately overate Sunday night and yesterday. I am glad the everyday is a new beginning. I'll plan for and carry on healthfully today.

getting hair colored today
    working on some publicity today
    confirmation letter for summer work

stretches
    meditation
    journal food
    ice/heat
    lots of water

breakfast - cottage cheese, melon, pnb toast
    snack - tea
    lunch - hummus, cheese wrap- pepper strips
    snack - apple
    dinner - chicken, green beans, noodles
    snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, flax, skim milk

Mj5- sorry you lost your pedometer - glad you got a new one! Some day's it's so easy to lose track - hop right back on your plan. I think your idea of writing it down is good - it has always helped me. GREAT job on all you exercise - dvd and all!!!

Purple - so, so sorry to hear about the poison ivy - ugh. Hang in there. I love your quote - it's a good thing to think about during the day, yes.

Schmoodle - great plan!!

Scoobie - wonderful job on your walk!

bgtxmama- you CAN do this - great job on going to the Y

Rayelle - Welcome!! good job on planning ahead. It can be helpful.

Darkblue - great job on staying on plan at the cafeteria! Hope your cold is better soon.

Math - you can do this...plan for a good day and carry on.

Everyone - have a wonderful on plan day - be kind to yourself.
  • I made it out for a mile walk yesterday. I was going to go further, but my son was not cooperating. It is suppose to be in the 70's here today so I am hoping that my son will want to go for a longer walk. I might take him for one before we eat and one after we eat. Maybe he will go to sleep on the 2nd walk!!
  • Hi everyone! I don't have time for p's, but wanted to say in an effort to stop obsessing about the # on the scale, I didn't weigh this am and I wore a pair of jeans that were tight when I bought them, but are now loose. What better way to remind me that what I am doing is working!!!!!

Very sleepy this am, so no watp dvd, but I will hit the gym and try and different interval on the bike--what a way to work up a sweat!

Talk to you later!