Old 04-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default I've been way AWOL

...and it sucks to be me right now. First, I hurt my back/hip pretty badly in February. I've only been feeling totally perfectly "normal" for a month. I was getting back into the swing of working out again, when we started to notice that our dog was sliding downhill fast (we got her just after we bought our house 13 years ago). Just this weekend we had to have her put down; her kidneys were failing and her back end was no longer working. In fact, she was so weak that she couldn't even get her front up (she was a big dog, 90 lbs.) and she stopped eating. So DH and the kids (I was at work) took her to the only clinic open, where, long story short, they charged us $600 to have her euthanised (this is a mere week after we had to fork out to replace DH's vandalised MacBook Pro). *gulp* That's more than one of our mortgage payments!! *sigh* Anyway, in amongst all this, I noticed our 4.5 year old cat was missing. SO not like him; he likes to go outside for short periods of time, but he's very sociable and needy, so he's back in a flash, purring and drooling on us. He's been gone since Thursday night, and just because of the time of year and where we live (in the country) I have a feeling he became something's dinner. I've been trying to stay positive, but it's been getting harder. Then yesterday, as I was on the treadmill, my 3rd Gen 20gig iPod died on me. Big time. It was the straw that broke my back, ladies. I broke down in a fit of tears and had to hide in bed for a bit. My 9 yo DD thought I was crying because of the iPod, and I think DH did too, but it was really everything, but mostly the cat (the poor dog at least had lived 13 years and was suffering by now. The cat was young and frisky and playful, and he was my snuggle buddy. The kids could do ANYTHING to him and he'd just drool. We had a puppy that would literally GNAW on him and he'd just go limp, though he had all his claws still. I can't believe I miss an animal this badly.

ANYWAY, I know there's nothing anyone can do but I had to just share, I guess. I just feel like the world is crushing me down. I know that it could be worse and that there are LOTS of people in far worse situations than me, but I'm just tired of taking all these hits, emotionally and financially.

Thanks for letting me whine.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

I hate when it seems like life is as crappy as it gets that it gets way more crappier. Better days have got to be in store for you, and though I'm not a very religious person, I feel everything happens for a reason, and everything that sucks in some way makes us stronger.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Chrissy, I'm so sorry for the loss of both of your fur-babies. Sometimes, things just get to be too much, huh? I'm glad you decided to come and share with us. I hope things ease up for you soon.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #4  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

I am sorry to hear about your babies. I had a needy cat like yours. He went missing for 2 months. We went walking outside, calling him every night. Then one day, he just showed up at our back door. He was skinny and happy to be home. Sending happy thoughts for you and your fur-baby!
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:57 AM   #5  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

Chrissy I hope your cat comes home soon. Don't give up hope. It's ok to cry and let it out. I hope things turn around and keep coming here for support.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:04 AM   #6  
Slimming Down

S/C/G: 267/239/145

Height: 5"4

Ahhhhhhhh I'm so sorry to hear that.. I hope you cat comes back soon.
Sometimes things really go bad, but soon things lighten up.

Thanks for sharing with us.
here is a big hug
Sharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:12 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

It's okay to be upset. Sending some positive thoughts your way.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I am so, so sorry for all your troubles and loss of your fur baby. Hang in there. Glad you posted!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:11 AM   #9  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Through turmoil comes strength. But it is always easier to see that in hindsight.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:28 AM   #10  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

I just want to say thank you to every one of you. You've all said helpful, comforting things and I do feel a bit better after reading your words. Thank you all.

-Christine
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #12  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/250

Height: 5'5"

Our cats are all gone, a stray came up to our house a few days ago and I tried to feed it but it ran off and has not come back. I miss having animals around the place. My dogs both died in 1999. I now have a fish tank.
AuntChuChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/250

Height: 5'5"

I cannot remember how to get the signathttp://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/290/150/287/.png[/img] [/url] ure right.
AuntChuChu is offline   Reply With Quote