Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 11:24 AM   #1  

Default Weekly Weigh In 2/28-3/6

With a 2 lb loss this week, I am happy to start the Weigh In thread! I usually weigh in on Fridays, but was too curious! lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful week..
Old 02-28-2002, 11:39 AM   #2  
Losin It For GOOD!

I'm happy to post also, I had a 10# loss! yay for me!
Old 02-28-2002, 12:41 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default 10 # loss!!! WOW

Beth Anne - yes, yahhh to you!! You go girl, keep up the good work!
Old 03-02-2002, 12:02 AM   #4  
Keeping it simple...

Awesome on the weight loss guys!

I lost 1.5 pounds this week, which puts me down to 235.5. I'm getting there... slow and steady... but I'm getting there.

Kath
Old 03-03-2002, 06:40 AM   #5  

Well done guys, you're doing great.

This is an extremely frustrating time for me. The scales have been stuck at the same number now, for what seems like weeks and weeks. Nothing is coming off. By the same token, nothing is going on - but, you guessed it, I can't help but focus on the first part of that statement.

We all go through hard times, I know... but this is perhaps the worst for me. My goal is in sight, but I just can't get any further towards it at the moment. In the past, this is where I've given up, and that's the danger for me. Patience never was my strong point.

I just need that dreaded number to go down... even if it's just by half a pound, because it's starting to drive me insane!!!!!

I really want to start swimming, but I need to lose a few more pounds to give me the confidence to go, so it's a vicious circle.

I know I have to stick with it though, else I'll never EVER forgive myself now that I've got this far. Anyone got any suggestions, other than ripping my hair out strand by strand? lol

Thanks,

Karen
260.5/168.5/140

Last edited by KarenUK; 03-03-2002 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-03-2002, 11:10 AM   #6  
hot mom wanna be!

Hey Karen!
I am not an expert on this (obviously ) but I have read that in this book I have been reading "The Business Plan For The Body" says that when your weight loss has plateued for more than a few weeks it's time to shake things up because basically you are getting the exact amount of calories in to maintain your current weight. I know you dont want to eat less so maybe you should try to exercise more?? I dont know what exercise you do so its hard to say. The big thing now seems to be weight training which does build muscle and make your body burn more calories. This book really pushes weight training saying 75% should be weight training and 25% cardio. When you build muscle it burns calories 24 hours a day vs. cardio which gives you a calorie burn at a higher rate for a few hours after. Also it says try smaller amounts of food spread out the day since every time you eat your body has to burn calories to digest it-you are making it work 6 times a day digesting vs. 3, etc... I really reccomend the book-it actually has gotten me to work out!! I cant believe it!
I do a weight training tape every other day and walk aerobics tape every day (just the past week but its a miracle for me-believe me!!)
good luck!!
lorelei
313/275/170
Old 03-03-2002, 11:19 AM   #7  
Slowly going crazy!

Gonna join you, no weight lose to report cuz I just started on Thursday again, but beginning weight (after a gain) is 242...so let me go from there! !...

Hope to be a loser soon! ! !
Old 03-04-2002, 09:15 AM   #8  

Ended up having a even greater week last week than I thought. Weighed again on Saturday and was down to 213. Woohoo! That's a 5 lb loss for last week. It's been awhile. Long long time since i've seen a loss, so I am very motivated now! Thank you JacobsMommy..you've helped me more than you know!

KarenUK..First, congrats on the amazing losses that you have had. Give yourself some credit and pat yourself on the back. I know how frustrating it is when your so close, and the losses stop. I know. Remember, I was only 23 lbs away from my goal, and look what happened, gave up in a way..and now am so much further away again. Don't do it. Don't let it happen. Don't get so discouraged that you just forget about all the hard work you put into this. Like lorelei said..sometimes you have to shake it up a little. Okay, maybe alot. Hang in there. It will budge again.

Congrats to everyone on their losses!
Old 03-05-2002, 09:00 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Wooo Hooo

Well good news at WW last night, I lost.....9 lbs!! I am tickled pink!! I guess that what being OP will do for you. Bless you miss Jennifer!!!!
Old 03-05-2002, 09:14 AM   #10  

9 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Old 03-05-2002, 10:04 AM   #11  
Losin It For GOOD!

Congrats Jacobs Mommy!! that's great!! so you and I had almost 20 lbs gone between us!! hooray for us!
Closed Thread