3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Harry and David Chocolates! What the heck??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/138573-harry-david-chocolates-what-heck.html)

LaurieDawn 03-31-2008 07:09 PM

Harry and David Chocolates! What the heck???

So, one of my very kind clients was sweet enough to thank me for my services - by sending me a tree of Harry and David gifts: chocolate truffles (my absolute favorite), caramels, and cookies. There were about seven boxes, and I was not brave enough to even look in them. I just saw the nutrition information for those three items, and knew that this would be a problem for me. As I recently posted in the sugar-free thread, I have only recently come to accept that I cannot have both sugar and weight control in my life - and I choose weight control.

I came home from the gym (after running SIX MILES - my personal record) and saw the box on my porch. **SIGH** It was great timing, though. I never feel like eating crap for at least an hour or two after I'm done exercising. Still, I had a window of time to get rid of this before I started convincing myself that I deserved at least one truffle because I had just run six miles. And, I am pretty good at throwing unwanted food away, but this was a $50 - $75 gift! I'm not that hardcore. I know that Harry and David have some amazing pears, too, but not in my boxes. They were not heavy enough for pears.

Only one solution came to mind. Regifting. So, I made a decision as to who should get them, and got them out of my house and my life. And had to share here because it's a HUGE victory for me.

WildThings 03-31-2008 07:32 PM

Congratulations! I would not be able to have that in my apartment. I would be afraid even if I just tried on piece I would eat the entire thing by the end of the night.

Also, congratulation on the 6 mile run...I can't even begin to imagine.

bethbeth 03-31-2008 07:38 PM

Great decision! That's a tough one to make. Especially when you deserve a gift from your clients! But the gift to yourself in getting rid of them is so much better!
Beth

traveling michele 03-31-2008 08:41 PM

That is awesome!

That truly takes real will power and what I good idea (regifting).....

My dh just came back from Belgium last night bearing chocolates. He knew not to get too many and I am planning on portioning them out to last a loooooooong time. But if they start talking to me they will be out the door!

You should be proud.

xGurlyGrlx 03-31-2008 08:46 PM

:bravo:
Great run too. I can't wait until I can say that!

ThatsSpify 03-31-2008 09:25 PM

WOW firstly WAY TO GO on that 6 mile run....I dont know if I could run a mile yet hahaha. Im pretty good with doing my cardio fitness videos this last week, GO TURBO JAM!!!! Also you have some amazing will power. The hardest thing for me right now is not to binge on the pastries and breads at work (starbucks) :hug:

LaurieDawn 03-31-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatsSpify (Post 2126660)
The hardest thing for me right now is not to binge on the pastries and breads at work (starbucks) :hug:

Wow. I could not work in a place that had those constantly available to me. Nope. I really have NO willpower at all. That's why I had to give them away immediately. I was regretting it tonight (evenings are my worst time) and even thought about buying some cheap candy to make up for it when I was at the store tonight. Sad. I have all the admiration in the world for those that can portion out their candy and only have a little bit each day. I have never been able to do that. And, for some reason, I have reached a point where I am so carb-sensitive (I cringe even saying that) that I can't even eat a single piece of candy without getting all jittery and wanting more and more and more. My husband has watched me at the store when I'm in that phase and says it looks exactly like a junkie looking for her crack. I am actually quite saddened by my decision to give up sugar. But, you know, wearing my size 12 jeans and size 8 tops after wearing size 22s (and wanting to get down to smaller sizes) and being able to run six miles more than makes up for what I'm giving up - although I'm more convinced of that in the morning than the evening...

Thanks, everyone, for your words of encouragement. And Kara, I can't wait to read about your six miles, or your twelve, or that marathon you just finished...

candogirl 04-01-2008 12:06 AM

Dang! I saw the title of this thread and got all excited thinking Harry and David started making a good-for-you candy. Ah well, yogurt and rice cakes are just as good (ok, I am going to repeat that to myself over and over tonight).
Congrats on the run and resisting the chocolates.

wendymeows 04-01-2008 07:43 AM

Good job on ridding of the candy...harry & david is some good stuff and something I could definitely not have around. My kids still have easter candy left and I can't wait for it to get gone!! Sometimes it calls out to me and I have to run from it! *lol*

Merksie 04-01-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurieDawn (Post 2126398)
Only one solution came to mind. Regifting. So, I made a decision as to who should get them, and got them out of my house and my life. And had to share here because it's a HUGE victory for me.

Congratulations - that was a great decision.

Schmoodle 04-01-2008 09:22 AM

This is very impressive! I would consider it a huge NSV! :carrot: It's fortunate that package arrived at a moment when you were feeling strong and able to make the right decision!

Charbar 04-01-2008 02:16 PM

That is amazing.. really amazing! So who got the gift?

Yesterday at work we had easter candy on sale - I could not resist. Cadbury eggs, Russell Stover eggs - stuff like that... worth about 60 cents a piece. They went down to 2 cents each! - wow, what a bargain! I bought them all - all 52 of them! But they are still in my van and are going to church tomorrow for our youth group on Wednesday night.

I love Harry and David fruit too - the pears are to die for!

michellenew 04-01-2008 02:34 PM

lauriedawn,

all i can say is:
congratulations on your decision! you did good !
congrats to charbar too!
michellenew

Beverlyjoy 04-01-2008 02:42 PM

WOW...fantastic desicion - I can't keep Hershey Kisses in the house...can't imagine having those good Harry and David goodies.

Good for you!

:D:D:carrot::carrot::D:D

Sandi 04-01-2008 03:01 PM

That is a really awesome personal victory for you!! And so very impressive. :bravo: