Old 03-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #31  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

I cannot LIVE without my butter spray!!! It may or may not have a ton of fat or calories in it... but even SO it's better than real butter in terms of calories. Not like I'm using a full bottle of it at a time... I wouldn't eat HALF the veggies I do if it weren't for that little taste of butter on them.

As for subway... gotta say, NOT a fan. I eat there and I am just RAGINGLY hungry an hour later. I don't think their subs are very filling at all, I think their bread is kinda stinky, and I just don't think it's worth the money. And YES I do get a ton of veggies on my sub when I go. However--- I do LOVE their sweet onion teriyaki... I would love them to sell it for salad dressings in the grocery store!!!! yummm!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:42 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

I'm not a fan of Subway, artificial butter, or artificial sweeteners! I can see Subway is a decent option in a pinch when out, but it's not something I would seek out, personally. Subway's bread and meat aren't the highest quality. I like the foods I buy and prepare myself ahead of time to be ready when I'm feeling rushed. Right now in my freezer I have containers of different kinds of soups, cooked, portioned meats, cooked, portioned mashed potatoes, and much more.

Can't do the butter spray AT ALL. I am very sensitive to the artificial smell of the fake butter in margarine, spray, popcorn, you name it. I'm staying away from articifial ingredients/chemicals.

I'm a fan of real foods in controlled portions. It has worked for me.

However: if these items/products help you stay on plan, great--eating them has to be better than being morbidly obese. We all make tradeoffs to handle busy lives and individual tastes and preferences.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote