Old 03-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Default Sweat Until Our Clothes Slide Off! March 23nd – 29th

Here is where you can post your workouts it doesn't matter how often or long and what you do for your workouts
(chase the dog/cat/kids around the house)
You moved take credit!!
You can be as brief as you want or write a novel.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/190/165

Height: 5'9

My workout varies because i get bored easily and my muscles start to remember what i am doing so it is too easy. i have been in Taekwondo for three years and last December i entered a four month intense training program before my black belt testing. Although I dropped the 200 push ups and crunches a day I continued to run. Now i run about 7-25 miles a week but because i run outside i get bored of the same trails. So i have to change the direction I go. During the summer i am planning to start running down at the canyon. i have a couple of different loops around where I live, 5 mile (for auspicious days), 3 miler, 2 miler, then laps when i only want to do about a 15min run, 1.5 miles. Besides running 3-7 times a week, teaching about 3-6 martial arts classes and taking 1-2 myself, I go to the gym 1-5 times a week, mind you I usually only get about 5-9 workouts in a week so all of the amounts varry depending on each of the other workouts. At the gym i usually do the ellptical for about 25-30 min (including cool down), then the bike or the treadmill. After my cardio I stretch out then i do weights, abs, legs, and then arms. my workouts usually run about an hour at a time, and my runs about 1/2 hour. my advice is to get some good music and go do something you actually like to do...go explore a local park or even a national park. Get out be happy and have fun.
skinimerinkidinkidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Today I did Leslie Sansone's Woman's walk, and we took a 20 minute stroll outside earlier.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:26 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

skinimerinkidinkidin - Wow, it sounds like you have worked very hard for a long time and have become very fit (and at such a young age)! That's awesome...keep it up and I am sure you will reach your goal! It gives me something to look forward to.

This week is going to be a bummer I have to miss Monday's water aerobics because of a wake and Wednesday because of a Birthday party!

Last edited by Sandi; 03-22-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Sandi - what kind of water aerobics do you do? My neighbour wants me to try deep water aerobics - I normally do laps. And sit in the hot tub, thats exercise right?

My neck was still bothering me today, so I decided not to exercise, I will tomorrow though! Also thanks everyone for all the input on the calories! I think I'll start at 1800 calories and see where I go from there!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I do the water fitness class. The water is about shoulder deep. It's like an aerobics class, but in the water. The deep water is after ours. The deep water is better if you have any knee issues because you don't touch the bottom. Maybe try both and see which one you like better?
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #7  

skinimerinkidinkidin – Kudos on your workouts. I also find that I prefer to listen to my own music. It makes the workouts more fun!

fiberlover – It was snowing once again so no strolls outside here. I can’t wait until we can. Nice workout!

Sandi – Water Aerobics sounds like fun.

Swimgirl- Choice on trying to get that shoulder back on track. Sending happy healing thoughts your way.

As for me 8 Miles once again – the jogging. I can’t wait until the doctor gives the OK for ABS and Jogging! Geez I don’t even want to think how many weeks until that is oked. Hey does anyone else have Theme Songs to keep them going? I have a few I listen to. Larry Williams - Bony Moronie ( while I don’t want to be bony it does inspire me) Justin Timberlake - Sexyback, (Yup Yup gong to get that back!!), Fergalicious – Fergie ( When I sing it I change to mezalicious!Tee Hee), It Don't Come Easy – John Lennon & Ringo Starr (It inspires me to NEVER GIVE UP), Break on Through – Doors (This is my theme to get to Onelander! Thanks Redballoon!!)
Old 03-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #8  
The Radiant One

Skini - that is a lot of workouts!

Sandi - the one reason I would join the Y or a gym would be for the pool. I just can't muster up the desire to spend the money on the membership or gas LOL!

Aimee - let us know how you do on the calories. Are you tracking on mydailyplate or fitday? If you do dailyplate, my handle is javaqueen01 - so you can add me to your friends list if you want.

Mez - how long does it take to do the 8 miles!! Wow!

Today I did Cardio Overdrive. I even tried doing the regular moves, instead of the modified ones I have been doing. Did pretty well. It almost seemed like HIIT doing those because it certainly got my heart rate up there!

Last edited by fiberlover; 03-23-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

I did 30 mins of outside walking as fast as I could to keep warm. The sun was out and it was about 38 degrees. Felt invigorating! The Y was closed because of Easter so no Water Jog for me.
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:03 AM   #10  

fiberlover - It take around 1hr & 40 minutes.

Iwanawurkit - Kudos on that workout. Also a huge plus it being cold. The body burns even more calories to keep warm!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:38 AM   #11  

fiber - I am doing it by hand, I used to use fitday, but it was taking too much time. I can lay in bed with my bf and count my calories with my little notebook and calculator, heh.

I cleaned the house today in prep for my family to come, by the time they left, well thats now! So still no exercise, but having a couple days off in a row has been good for my neck.

Congrats everyone on your exercise, it really is hard to fit it all in, we all deserve awards for it!

-Aimee
Old 03-24-2008, 03:28 PM   #12  
The Radiant One

Today was heavy duty workout day. Did my Bowflex full body workout, then Hard Core Fusion.
Felt really good!
Old 03-24-2008, 05:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

One mile on the eliptical took me 17 mins. and then 35 mins on the weight machines and finished with 16 mins on the treadmill for one mile.
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

Finally, got to do 3 miles of WATP Weightloss Walk, felt really good and invigorating! I am now carrying 50 lb feed sacks ( I ran out of hay...),every couple of days, and amazingly, they don't seem nearly as heavy as they usually did!
I hope to get up early enough to do 3 brisk miles with the 5 Mile WATP tomorrow morning.
luckyducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:20 AM   #15  

I did 20 minutes Turbo Jam cardio, I did all the jumping rope! It was a good workout! And I also counted my calories, big day for me! My goal was 1800, I ended at 1853, pretty darn close if I do say so myself!

fiber - my local pool/gym does 2 dollar workouts every night - they do it at some silly hour, 9:30-10:30pm! Kind of late, but if I don't have to work early the next day it's perfect, by the time I get home I crash! Check your local place and see if they have any good deals. Dumb question, whats HIIT?

mez - where are you with your crazy good workouts?? how to find time to do 1 hour 40 minutes of exercise? I barely had time for 20 minutes today!

-Aimee