Old 03-27-2008, 06:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267.2/254/150

Height: 5'6

Default Help Me

Im having extreme sugar/bread cravings!!!!! I need words of encouragment. are graham crackers bad for you?
ThatsSpify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Anything in quantity is bad for you!

8 graham crackers have
Calories: 140
Total Fat: 4g
Carbs: 23g
Protein: 2

So for a snack, I'd say they'd be fine - IF you're capable of eating 8 crackers and not an entire packet. I, personally, would not be able to stop at 8. So I avoid them like the plague!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

The best thing for sugar/bread cravings is some form of protein. How about a cheese stick, a few almonds, some laughing cow cheese on a stalk of celery. Hang in there....the first few days are rough.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

You may not like this response. My experience with sugar is that I have to go cold turkey without any artificial or real sugar products for about 2 weeks and the cravings stop. If I even take one bite of chocolate, white bread, white potatoes, white pasta my cravings start all over again. I keep myself satisfied with 2 -3 servings of fresh fruit everyday. Mostly berries, oranges, kiwis, etc. I feel like I am very carb sensitive. My carbs mostly come from fruits and vegetables and starchy carbs only after exercise when I have earned them. Good luck. Some people will say you can eat sugar in moderation. Those people obviously have much more control than I do. If I take that first bite I wlll eat it until it is gone.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Just got home from the store and saw this... I'm getting right back off the computer, but something made me come here! I didn't have the sugar attacks this time... but then I have allowed myself some sweets. How about some sugar free jello with some fat free coolwhip? 1/2 cup of the jello is 10 calories, 2 tbs of the coolwhip is 20.

I agree that you may need to fight the craving for a few weeks before it goes away. In the past that has been my experience, but this time around I haven't had much trouble with it.. but then I do allow myself some sort of naughty snack every day on average... a fat free pudding cup (90 cal), a fat free granola bar or a special K bliss bar (again 90 calories).
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonrr1 View Post
You may not like this response. My experience with sugar is that I have to go cold turkey without any artificial or real sugar products for about 2 weeks and the cravings stop. If I even take one bite of chocolate, white bread, white potatoes, white pasta my cravings start all over again. I keep myself satisfied with 2 -3 servings of fresh fruit everyday. Mostly berries, oranges, kiwis, etc. I feel like I am very carb sensitive. My carbs mostly come from fruits and vegetables and starchy carbs only after exercise when I have earned them. Good luck. Some people will say you can eat sugar in moderation. Those people obviously have much more control than I do. If I take that first bite I wlll eat it until it is gone.
I have the same problem Sharon. I have major sugar issues and for me I also basically have to give it up or suffer through intense cravings. Gosh are they hard too!

I do like the idea of the sugar free jello and light cool whip. I'd say the main thing is trying your best to keep it at just that one serving. It's so easy to overeat with jello!

Be strong, you can do it!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

BTW Sharon, your progress pics are AWESOME! You look like a brand new woman!!!!!! You absolutely glow. Thanks for the inspiration!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:56 PM   #8  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 240/235/115

Height: 5'3

I totally know about those cravings urrrggghh!! I luv bread but luvin it sooo much has caused me not to luv my boby But I'm working on that now. Fruit, fat free pudding & jello are some great snacks. I've also found that just getting my mind off the cravings work like reading a book, taking a nice bath or going for a walk. I know it's hard but just think about what you want more that slice of bread or getting to your goal. Just getting online and chatting with everyone on this site helps. Just keep telling yourself your stronger than this craving!!!! and be strong
smilingk79 is offline   Reply With Quote