Old 03-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #31  

Height: 5'8"

Wendy...I am totally with you when you said you don't share because you are embarrased you are that big in the first place!

My dh knows but not because I shared with him...he is a smart guy and he can figure it out. I have even started to be vague about how much I have lost with him...sad, huh? Maybe I should get over it and accept my body - bumps and all!

As for the doctor's office - I don't weigh there, either. I just polietly say, "no, thank you - you can write what you want under weight." I know I weigh more than I look like I do (I am tall and big boned - really! ) and I don't appreciate the WOW! comments after weighing.

Rhonda is right, though, it is a personal decision - you do what you are most comfortable with!
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #32  
On Day at a Time

S/C/G: 293/293/165

Height: 6'

The last time I was on WW I told my Dh how much I weighed. He didn't say anything, which made me very paranoid!! So now the only people that know how much I weigh are my dog and myself!
sarahdafiregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

I dont tell anyone my weight,besides my husband and you guys! I dont mind telling how much i have lost if they would ask...
michellenew
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Yes I tell. People's really been asking how much I've lost and where I'm at now and I'm proud to say I'm 268 cuz i know I'm not going to weigh that much ever again.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:09 PM   #35  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Height: 5'4"

I don't tell EVERYONE... but my husband does know. He stands over me every time I get on the scale and he's my biggest fan.

I was outside today fixing the bulb on the car and the neighbour came over at the same time as my husband came out and said to my husband : "So, how are you enjoying the new wife?" .... haha. It's soooo cool when even the neighbours have noticed you've lost weight. My husband replied with : "It's great! It's like having an affair with a new woman!" ...

He's a good boy
MamaToTomAndAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

No, I don't tell anyone. I must not look as if I weigh what I do, because the nurses at the doctors' offices always start well below what they think I weigh, when I step on the scales.

I weigh 25 pounds more than my DH, at this point. To give him credit, he used to be heavier and has been making an effort to lose weight. (In his case, that means to go for a walk every now and then, and to have a regular cheeseburger instead of a double bacon cheeseburger. ) He's down about thirty pounds in one year--if he can do it, I can too!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:34 PM   #37  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

I don't really know, I only talk about it to my mom and my hubby. I'm sure if someone asks I would tell because its only a number and they already know I'm big so they can't be that suprised.
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #38  

Height: 5'5"

Nope, I don't tell anybody. As for the doctor's, I've had both extremes. Last visit a month ago the nurse set it at 150 marker, I said no way, not even close. One other doctor visit, the nurse was so nasty, she kept adding weight and she said to me "how much do you weigh anyway"? I can't even look at her now, that was so lousy of her to say. I'll take that from the doctor but the nurse has no business putting in her two cents.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #39  

Oh jeez. I don't really tell anyone my weight. Haha. I don't even like telling people my size, even though I'm fully aware that they can probably guess by looking at me. I will, however, tell people how much I've lost, since that's a number I'm definitely proud of. My tickers for my MySpace and LiveJournal (both are private) are based on how much I've lost, not how much I weigh (like the one for here is).

I guess I feel more comfortable sharing here because I know you guys are going through the same thing as me, and I suppose I feel a sort of kinship in that. Also the somewhat anonymity of the internet helps... :P
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #40  
Heidelitos

S/C/G: 186/???/145

Height: 5'4

The only person who has ever asked my weight is my hubby...and he'll never get an answer from me!! I told him "I weigh less than you". But he doesn't really know that we're pretty close. Now that I'm down 9 pounds, we're about 20 pounds apart.

(Charlotte's nice, but you girls need to go about an hour S on 85 to my town in SC!!)
Heidelitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:59 PM   #41  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

My husband knows. It's not something I tell or am asked by anyone really. I'm not afraid to say how much I've lost though because sometimes when someone notices they ask.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #42  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

My husband, sister, and mom know. I didn't tell them my start weight until I had lost a significant amount though.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #43  
navywife022506

S/C/G: 238/228/130

Height: 5'5"

I actually make people guess my weight first. My sister asked how much I weighed 2 days ago. I asked her what she thought I weighed and she said 170 maybe 180.....I laughed and told her 224. She was in utter shock. I am disappointed in myself that I have to say 224, but I don't hold anything back from anyone. I tell them the truth and I tell them that I am working on the problem as much as I can and that I have a goal and I KNOW that I will reach that goal soon.
navywife022506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #44  
Cindy

S/C/G: 289/193/145

I never tell my hubby what I weigh but I tell him what size I take. Makes sense huh? Anyway, I think he knows because our scale records the last weight and flashes it up when you go to weigh yourself again LOL. Oh well. What I love about him tho is he always says to me he doesn't care how much I weigh it doesn't matter to him.
cinderpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:56 AM   #45  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

I don't tell anyone my weight either... and it drives my hubby CRAZY!!!!

We're both trying to lose weight adn get healthier--- I'm the one who inputs our numbers into our weight loss spreadsheets--- so I know his but he doesn't know mine (but he's a GUY!)

I think for me it started b/c I'm so tall that even as a fit kid, my weight was SO much more than the other shorter kids that they didn't CARE why the number was bigger, just that it was bigger.

Even as an adult... I'm 6'1"--- I'll NEVER be 100 pounds. My goal is 200. To most short people they would GASP at the thought of 200 POUNDS being a "goal" weight.

But that would put me at around a size 12. Pretty nice, if you ask me.

So I don't tell people b/c a lot of them don't realize that a big NUMBER also correlates differently when you have a big HEIGHT. Me, too, the doctors always starts the stupid scale WAY lower than it should be b/c I'm tall and "carry it well". I always just reach forward and move that big sucker up a notch.

But yeah--- unless people are just as tall, they have this idea that "thin" equals less than 150 pounds or something. So I just don't tell anyone.

I do report my LOSSES--- and I'll tell my clothing size (b/c I've never been bigger than a 22) but it's the LBS that freaks people out. So I just don't say anything.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote