Old 03-16-2008, 01:02 PM   #1  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Unhappy Heartbroken...again....keep going?

Hi, guys,

It just seems like one hard thing happens one after the other right now. Can't talk about some of it, but life is really hard right now. I am used to a certain amount of stress, but this is over the top. I have still been struggling with what path to take. (Have been doing WW for awhile, but struggling.) Now I really cannot afford the meetings for awhile.

I feel heartbroken about some things that are happening, but there is still a part of me that wants to lose weight, take care of me and be healthy. Although it seems low on the priority list. How can I keep going despite the odds I am facing???? I need a way to comfort myself without eating. And a way to handle stress without resorting to food. I have only kept off 6 pounds now, and that is on my home scale, which weighs lighter than WW---but at least I have not gotten heavier. I need to be healthy. I guess I just needed to let you guys know how I feel. Can I still be successful? I feel like I am always asking for support. But I guess I need it, too. Take care and thanks for listening.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

YES!!! You CAN be successful, giving up is not an option! I am sorry things are rough right now but you can control what you eat or don't eat, how accountable you are and how much exercise you get! Just keep consistent!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:17 PM   #3  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I agree! Keep on Keeping on. You CAN do this, not to mention exercise improves your mood and helps relieve stress. Please don't give up on yourself.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #4  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile activity and journaling can relieve stress

Activity and exercise can help to relieve stress.

I know when I have gone through stressful times in the past, it helps to journal my feelings, sometimes in the form of letters to people who I am angry with, disappointed in, etc. The letters aren't intended to be sent or seen. Sometimes reading your own words a day or two later helps to put things in perspective, and you may even be glad you didn't "react" the way it sounds like you would have.

Prayers and hugs being sent your way! You can overcome this... Eating the stress away is just going to give you one more thing to worry about! Bethz
bethz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Life is never going to be 100% happy and stress free, sad things happen in every person's life. You have to learn coping techniques to handle it now or you'll never be able to get on top of it and any life bump will derail you (for a short time or maybe a long time).

You said right now you handle stress by eating - how else can you handle stress? You can start by making your house a junk-free zone, even if you are driven to eat, you can't do MUCH damage on a bag of carrot sticks. Exercise, meditation, massage, therapy, journaling - these are all stress-fighting tactics.

For your path - just think long term, what can you picture yourself doing cheerfully (or moderately cheerfully ) 10 years from now?
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:40 PM   #6  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Well first you did a great thing, and that's writing in here and letting us know what's going on! Writing helps relieve stress and we can def give you the SUPPORT you need!! I'm personally going through a lot as well and I went to my local library and picked up some 'self help' books... mostly on eating. I'm personally big on trying things that DON'T cost extra money. I did WW and I did enjoy it except paying for it. I now do 'Fat Smash' diet which is a book from The Celebrity Fit Club off of t.v.
I picked the book up at my local library, I love that it is very simple and basically has healthy eating guidelines and exercise. Personally I love it and the first "Phase" is only 9 days... so if you would like to try it at least give Phase1 a chance.

Here is our chat if you would like to join for support, even if you don't opt for fat Smash

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134534

Anyways WE know you can do it!! Try writing down a list of things you can do instead of eat
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #7  
On Day at a Time

S/C/G: 293/293/165

Height: 6'

Kathy,

First of all let me give you a hug.

Second, I know exactly what you're going through. I've been having a hard time dealing with things lately as well and it got to the point where I had to start seeing my psychologist again for fear of losing control (I have a history of a suicide attempt and knew that if I didn't get the help I needed, I would be going down that road again). Finances suck and I just can't seem to get ahead.

Funny enough, I decided to start WW again because of all the stuff that's been going on. I'm ready for this challenge and am hoping it'll get my mind off of everything else.

When all else fails, post on the message board. You took the first step by doing that and I hope that you know you can come here anytime to vent, cry, laugh or just chill out. Also remember that you can get a hold of me too. Maybe we can help each other out.

Take care of yourself hon and remember that you're not alone!
sarahdafiregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:57 PM   #8  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time

You need to do this for yourself, nobody else. Good times or bad...you are never less important!

I know you can do it!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Ask for support if you need it. ALWAYS.

You know you can do this. You know you can continue. As the above ladies have said, there will always be stress, sometimes there will be overwhelming stress. But we have to move forward.

If the meetings at WW are becoming too difficult to pay for, you can always lean on us down in the WW area. Flex, Core, At Home... all three! Don't hesitate to use us as your "meeting" when you need it. (And all of 3FC for that matter.)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:35 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry things are so tough right now.

I just wanted to add that if you can make progress in one area of your life, it might add some stability to whatever it is you're going through and give you the confidence to handle it with grace. I know that my success in this area (though I'm not where I thought I would be at this point) has helped me in numerous areas in my life.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/250/180

Height: 5'7"

Kathy, I've been out of work since last June, and have scads of family problems right now, but embarking on a weight loss program and actually starting to see results really perked me up last week. And then my mother came over this week!

She had this magazine with an article about couples walking and exercising together and cornered my husband (who has no weight to lose), and told him it was "his responsibility" to see that I did these things! I was furious. Not only did she royally tick off my husband who only tolerates her because she never knows when to shut up, but I felt demeaned, embarrased and humiliated! It sparked a big fight, my dad yelled at her and it was just a big mess! Needless to say, I was no longer "perked up." It totally threw me off my motivation, and even though I haven't binged out, I am not being as careful as I should and today went totally off program and didn't write anything down.

But, tomorrow is another day, and I will get back on journal because we can't let other people or problems be an excuse to not do what we need to do. That only gives the world more ammunition, for one thing.

And I can't afford the meetings either, but I have all my tools, my books and my scale, I printed a log of my own off the computer and I am doing just fine.

Sorry you're going through a hard time, but look at your weight loss program as a diversion. Immerse yourself in journaling your food intake if that's what you do, or find something to do that makes you feel good.

And keep letting people know where you are. That's why we're here.

Last edited by Phillygirl2; 03-16-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Phillygirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #12  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Thank you, with all my heart.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote