Old 03-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default "Conspiring against me"

Do you ever feel like everything is conspiring against your weight loss??

Sometimes the hurdles just keep popping up. I guess the key is to just keep trying to get over them and not stop.

My youngest child has not been sleeping well. Maybe it's the time change, but I have tried everything. She is my fifth child so I have a lot of things to try, LOL. But anyway she has not been napping, and that was the time I was riding my exercise bike. So instead I started riding at night after I put her to bed at 7 or 8. Well guess what, now she won't go to bed, either. We have a routine for bedtime but she just won't sleep. Last night she was fussing til after 11pm, leaving me exhausted, stressed and with NO bike riding.

Then today we were going to walk to the park but instead we are sitting inside looking at winds gusting at 40mph. We are not going out today!

This hurdle is really annoying me but I am trying to figure out ways around it. I can't just go ride the bike and leave her screaming in her room. I am thinking about asking on of my other kids to watch her while I bike, but they already watch her while I cook and clean and stuff (DH being gone) so I dunno. The bike is in a non-child-friendly room (basically a storage space) she she can't play while I bike.

Anyway, just venting and thinking out loud, but I will figure something out...

I will get that bike ride in today somehow...
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #2  
No description available.

I hear ya.

It is hard to do it all. My motto is "I can do anything, but I can't do everything." I'm glad you have older kids that can help. Here is what I think:

Your health and well-being is more important than cleaning.
It really really really is. Shift those priorities....clean with the kids, have the older ones watch the little one so you can exercise.

YOU are a priority. Dirt don't hurt anyhow.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Well... I pondered for a good long time, and then I put my daughter in her crib with a stack of books and a stuffed dog, turned on the monitor and rode the exercise bike. I could hear her in her crib "reading" to her dog for about 10 minutes. For the last 6 minutes, she was hollering, "Get me outta here!" but she was fine. I took her out and she didn't seem to mind it. Maybe she will just have "reading time" when I need to exercise.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:25 PM   #4  
No description available.

midwife is offline   Reply With Quote