Old 03-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #1  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Default binge eating disorder

I was wondering if anyone else has this? What have you done to make healthier coping mechanisms? Sometimes I revert into my old patterns of restricting, then bingeing. How do you surpass this in times of stress?
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Have you seen our Chicks in Control forum? It is a whole group of people who suffer control issues with food - check it out!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:29 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Mandalinn beat me to it--the Chicks in Control section is fabulously helpful!

I've been a binge eater pretty much my whole life. I have snuck food, hidden food, bought food solely for the purpose of bingeing, etc...One thing I did is get rid of ALL convenience foods in my kitchen. I really only had ingredients, nothing easy to grab and eat. If I wanted something, I had to prepare it, not just pick it up and open my trap. This helped a LOT because I really don't like to cook much, so it was too much effort to prepare enough food to binge on

I also actually changed my route to work to avoid driving past a McDonald's. It was my weakness at the time, and I could never order just a little hamburger--it was always enough food to feed at least 3 people.

At one point, I actually had to stop carrying money. I would not carry any cash, and I would even leave my debit card at home if I knew I didn't need gas that day (I always had a check book and a zero-balance credit card on me for emergency use only). I didn't keep any change in my desk at work or else I would hit the vending machine. I know it sounds drastic, but, for me, it needed to be done.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote