Old 03-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #1  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Default accountability / menus / planning March 9 - March 15

Need some accountability? A place to post your menu? Some support? A little of everything? This is the place for you!!!!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #2  
gonna win the thin!

I’m having a good day to day.

omg i just typed out "food" in stead of "good". Freudian slip?

I’m going to the gym, and afterwards I’m going to the museum. That will be a healthy and active day!

Girlygirl- snow! Wow. Build a snow man for some fun cardio? No I didn’t get to the gym. But I cleaned house as fast as I could then I went for a walk in the shopping mall…better then nothing (sheepish grin). Keep up the good work on the the weekend over eating plan! Sounds like you are doing great!

Bigtxmomma- ton of dead squirrels! I laughed so hard when I read that. You are a hellion! Hope your sty goes away soon. Those suck. You were asking about Knife work? The kungfu I study is based on real life situations. We learn what to do when someone attacks us with a weapon, how to take it from them, and how to use it. Its kind of all new to me, but also one of my biggest motivators to get in shape, I totally want to be a karate hottie! Ha ha! Congrats on dipping below 300! Im so proud of you! Keep it up! And Mexican restaurants are dangerous for me! Good job taking most of it home.

Mj- they will always be your “little” brothers wont they?

Bev- I am most likely to binge at night too! Im glad you stopped it before it got out of control! Ice ice baby ha ha

Purple- sounds like you have a lot of work to do in the yard! Sounds like a fun work out

Darkblue- we are here for you darkblue! We all have slip ups, just keep on trucking, youll get there before you know it.

Ginger-feel better soon.

Schmoodle- well of course we miss you honey, im sure well see more of you soon. Take care
Old 03-09-2008, 05:06 PM   #3  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo

So quiet!

I did 1.5 m WATP, brisk, and worked up a bigger sweat than usual. I started with 2 5lb weights, but dropped them about 1 mile in because I knew I would stop if I didn't. I'm feeling good today. Need to do meditation because I forgot this morning.

Hi Math! How was the museum? Thank you for your words of encouragement!! I want to do a martial arts class, too, but I'm too afraid of not being able to keep up because of my weight. My husband did aikido for several years and wants me to take a class with him. He said he had like a 400 pound guy who was one of the best students, but I dunno. I need more self confidence in my body.

Hi Schmoodle! =D

Hope everyone is well.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #4  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Cool Binge, but within points

Did well today despite obstacles, until I dug into 3/4 of a package of those keebler chocolate peanut butter cookies. Couldn't stop myself! But, counted all the WW points and stayed within range...amazing!

Any tips on making supper and snack plans for after work and sticking to them when you have an active family (2 teen sons still at home, and retired "jack sprat" husband)? LOL. Thanks. Bethz
bethz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:34 AM   #5  
gonna win the thin!

i had a good day today, worked out, went to museum, stayed in cal range (was hard today, i had a dessert at lunch!)

now im hungry even after dinner. i heard working out is a hunger suppressent. ill do a few smiple workouts while watching tv. i am eating fewer cals this week to compisate for my saturday blow out! eeks!

hopfully ill stick too it for a whole week
you know, i should keep track of how many days in a row i can stay op. then try to best myself evertime i have to start over. it would be like a contest with myself!! idk just blabbing.

-btmomma- somtimes just doing it build confidence. you get to see your progress. im lucky i found an all woman school, somehow that makes it easier for me, and i dont think im the biggest girl there! which is always sorta exciting for me. maybe there is an all womans school near you?

bethz- wow good job not throwing in the towel after such a set back! right now is girlscout season here, i always have to shield my eyes and run whever i see them outside the store. gah!

as for tips on planning, hmmm i dont have a busy family, but i like to write down everthing i eat in a little book that fits in my back pocket comfortably. that way i can always pull it out and look at it to make sure im on track.
are you worried because you kids have lots of snacks that arnt good for you around? or is it because you are to busy to make something healthy?

have a good night all
Old 03-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Friends.

I had a rough weekend due to my sugar addiction. For some unknown reason, I haven't been able to sleep well for the last few nights. When I'm tired, I crave sugar and I was around a lot of temptations this weekend. I didn't handle the temptations with any kind of grace at all. Today, I'm feeling sluggish, a bit depressed and just totally disappointed with myself. A lot of how I'm feeling is due to too much sugar, but I'm also just incredibly frustrated. You'd think that I'd be over all of this binge stuff. I guess I just need to face reality that I'll never be totally cured and I'll always have to be on guard. Sometimes, its a little overwhelming, ya know?

I'll be back later to get "personal." I decided to sleep in after getting the girls off to school and I'm running behind on my work. Hope you all have an awesome on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone!

Mathpupuppy - sounds like a good on plan and busy day yesterday! did you manage to curb your appetite?

Rhonda- I know all about binging and eating poorly I'm sorry you are having a tough time. I'll never be totally cured either and I'm kinda angry about that.

bethz- wishing you more 'say no' power to that kind of food in the future. But heck - you stayed withing your points, so that's great.

bigtx- good for you for doing your program! I've been making lots of sweat too lately. It feels good.

MJ, Bev, Schmoodle, Rakel, Linda, Purple - hope you are all doing well.

Okay, so where to begin. I had a good weekend. I have been exercising like a demon. It also means I need a lot more sleep and my muscles hurt which means in turn I am needing more advil. If I don't take it, I get headaches from muscle soreness. Sometimes with this advil business I feel like I am going backwards instead of forwards. Prior to losing some weight I was taking advil everyday, now I feel like I need to take it just to feel normal because I can't manage the pain of the soreness. Now that I am able, I do workout really hard...probably not the best for someone my size.

Sadly, I am not eating well. I mean - I am eating well (good foods) but NOT good proportions. And for the amount of exercising I am doing, I am not reaping the rewards. It's frustrating, but I have to remember that weight loss is 80-90% diet. And right now my weight is not budging much. I need to cut back on my proportions - yes carrots are good for you. But not 3 cups of carrots....(boy when I get the munchies!)....it's just not healthy.

So today is the day I will eat on plan, no snacks after dinner. Back to herbal tea.

Bye for now everyone! Hope to post a wicked weight loss next week. I have to mention too that I'm likely not to hit my goal weight of 247 by the 15th. But I am picking myself back up and getting to it. I was 250 about 2 summers ago, and I really want to break this plateau and move forward. I want everyone to see that I can do it....that I will not give up.

Cheers, Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #8  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Good morning!

I'm happy. I lost 4 pounds, ducking me just under 300. I can't wait to say goodbye to the 300s. Now I need to put a good 30 pounds between them so I never see them again.

Need to do grocery shopping, and I need to get another day of exercise in.

I'll be back later for personals. I'm feeling to blah to concentrate on anything. =/
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:10 PM   #9  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile Bethz's Daily Journal

Breakfast: English muffin, egg white, ff american cheese
Lunch: Rye bread, 1oz turkey, 1oz swiss cheese, grapes, 2 clementines
Snack: pretzels
Dinner: lettuce, tomato, cucumber, 1T italian dressing, 4 shrimp, 1t cocktail
sauce, 2oz chicken
Exercise: None of substance
Water: Plenty
Weight: 258, down 1 pound

Had a good day today! Busy lunchtime made it so I did not get my exercise in...oh well...

Have a good evening everyone! Bethz
bethz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #10  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I just realized that I never hopped on the scale this am...me? Forget to weigh in?! Wow...I can hardly believe it! I'll do it tomorrow!

Doing ok food wise, could be better, but certainly could be a lot worse. Exercise hasn't been great--been doing a lot of lifting, cleaning, that kind of stuff. I plan on doing a watp dvd tomorrow am, though.

After 3 days of cleaning we are ready for a break! Tomorrow we are going on 'an adventure' as we call it....we'll hop in the car w/ an approximate destination in mind and just see where we go....we can't go too far--have to be home in time to take care of the dogs, of course! I want to do some bargain shopping....I don't need much, but would like to pick up a few new things.

Beverlyjoy--I skimmed through the posts, but don't think I saw one from you which is unusual. How are you doing?
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

txmama on being under 300 Why do you need 30 lbs. to feel your safely beyond 300? I always wonder how people come to these numbers, so just curious I always feel "safe" out of the range of a number when I am about 10 lb. below it.

Rhonda, I have been right where you are, but yesterday and today for me. I have to get back on track tomorrow. I have eating changes that are just lifestyle now and that has not changed, but my exercise has slipped and I have been eating some sugar again detox starts tomorrow once again...no more little lemon poppy mini muffins with my salad, that is just insane. They aren't even that good, anyway! I'm starting with the exercise tonight, and it's back to Jillian tomorrow. Weekends are just so insane right now, it's hard to keep any kind of schedule and eating on the run is the norm those few days.

mj--the adventure sounds like fun! Can I come? I need a break

Ginger--You are never too big to work out hard, just make sure you are letting your body rest and are not overdoing it...you'll end up injured and out of it longer if you push too hard. But, working out hard and feeling that ache is good...you know your body is improving. Just make sure to get rest some rest and allow it to heal as well.

I am going to be completely off the sugar come tomorrow and back to my exercise routine, but my son starts t-ball. The spring schedule is here: gymnastics on monday, tball on tuesday, gymnastics on wednesday, and t-ball games on saturday. That eats up the afternoon for most of the week, plus all the stuff around the house on weekends, and I have a friend going through surgery so I'll be at her house helping her next weekend and maybe some this week. Where is there time to breathe, let alone exercise?

But ya know what, I love seeing the kids being active, so happy, so it is worth it. I just lose myself in the middle of it all sometimes and have to bring back some ME time somehow.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 03-10-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Partners.

I apologize for never getting back here for personals yesterday. I haven’t managed to get myself back on track yet and I am a bit embarrassed. I’m having a big struggle with myself and I keep fighting the old all-or-nothing thinking. Which is really, really ridiculous! Am I seriously thinking of quitting now and losing all of the progress I’ve made? I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, so I need to go back to the basics again. Today, all of the junk is out of the house. I will open a spreadsheet and track every single bite. And, I’ll commit to myself to do at least 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill. Doing an hour every few days or few weeks is not going to give me the results I need and an hour sometimes feels very huge. If I feel like doing 60 minutes or breaking into a jog, that’s great. If I feel like walking and only for 30 minutes, that’s great too! And, I need to set mini-goals for myself and quit thinking of the big picture. No wonder I get so overwhelmed! 80+ more pounds is huge. But, 10 more pounds is very doable. What is that quote? “I may not be able to lose 100 pounds, but I can lose 10 pounds, 10 times.”

Momma – Congratulations on your 4 pound loss!
Ginger – Not too long ago, I read something in the weight lifting thread here about soreness. They were saying that the best thing for soreness was to eat some protein right after your workout as the protein will help the muscles that are broken down and repairing. I’m not sure how much protein you’re eating, but maybe you can have a little more?
Bethz – Hope lunch is a little quieter for you today so you can workout.
MJ – I can honestly say that I don’t think I’ve ever forgotten to weigh! Hope you enjoy your adventurous day.
Purple – Looking forward to hearing about your great on-plan day today. We may get a bit sidetracked sometimes, but we’re still in the game.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. I'll check back in again later.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:45 AM   #13  
mj5

Good Morning! How is everyone? It is cold here, but bright and sunny....I'll take it! There is still ice and snow on all the trees, but w/ the sun it looks gorgeous! I may try to get a few pictures outside later.

I chose not to weigh in this am....I did not make good dinner choices last night (way too much sodium) and I am VERY puffy today, so I didn't want to get discouraged by the scale knowing it is water weight. I WILL do better today!

We are officially done cleaning upstairs, PHEW! It did get a little discouraging at one point because I found some clothes in a box that I had set aside to donate from "before" when I had just hit onederland--things that were too big, but right now fit because I gained some of the weight back. The good news is, some of the items are still too big! I have let that go--have to...I cannot get stuck 'there' again! I also removed the items that are too big from the house. The ones that fit now (some jeans that I could actually use now) I will wash and wear for now. In a way, though, it was a good kick in the butt to keep moving forward!!!!

txmomma--CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am SO proud of you!!!

purple--Sure! Come on over, the more the merrier! There are no rules to our 'adventures'...that's the beauty of it! I am sure being busy w/ the kids is awesome and a lot of fun, but make sure you make the time for YOU too! You deserve it!

ginger--Yes, what purple said! Recovery time for the body is important too!

Rhonda--Deep breath! I know I get stuck in that 'all or nothing' thinking too...very dangerous place to be! I can't remember who has said it here (probably several people), but this is a series of battles. I get easily overwhelmed if I think about "forever" and how much weight I want to lose overall. That's why I chose to break it down into 'mini' goals. But, we are all different and have to find what works for each of us. The most important thing is to NOT give up. I can't believe I forgot to weigh in either....I normally weigh every day, but only 'count' Monday....never even thought of it!!!!

Sara, Beverlyjoy, Rakel, mathpuppy, and everyone else....thinking of you! Hope you are well!

I am really excited because I ordered a set of watp dvd's and they should be here any day now...I have a couple, but really want to be able to mix them up in the mornings and weekends.

As I said, it's bright and sunny....great day for an 'adventure'....I must say, I LOVE that my dh loves doing this kind of thing. We will do some shopping and probably out for lunch somewhere, but we could end up doing almost anything!

Have a great on plan day!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #14  
mj5

I meant to tell you, the other night for dinner I made some baby bella ratatouille.....SO good! Even dh who swears he doesn't like eggplant really liked it! I used extra baby bella mushrooms in the recipe and served it over whole wheat pasta, but here's the link if you are interested:

https://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/s...ProductDisplay
Old 03-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks...sorry I haven't done personals in a while. Life just came at me - if you know what I mean. Last weekend was rough - I tried a new brace for 45 minutes - it was a disaster. Brought on terrible pain. Thank goodness I pushed thru it with meditation and guided imagery. It's still sore from the brace - of course, the doctor said to bring it back. Tomorrow I go for a physical therapy evaluation and start that up. Hopefully, that will help.

The good news is that I was able to not binge last week. I overate a couple of nights. But when I counted the calories it wasn't that much extra. I was happy that I was willing to write down my food and calories even when I overate. It kept it real to me. When I weighed today....I was delighted to see that I lost 2 pounds last week.

Thanks so much to all of you for thinking of me and wishing me well thru all this physical stuff. I appreciate it so much.

Plans for today:

ice
heat
journal food
journal feelings
stretches
water
meditation
PMA

breakfast - grits with lite cheese, apple
snack - carrots
lunch - open face egg white salad, brown rice, green beans
snack - yogurt, fruit, flax
dinner - veggie burger, lite cheese, lite bun, cauliflower
snack - cereal, milk

mj5 - Your bella ratatoulle sounds so good! Ah spring cleaning...it feels good to tidy and get rid of things. I know finding the clothes made you feel sad - but, maybe you can let it encourage you to push thru. You can do this!

Rhonda - Goodness, don't be embarrassed. Everyone of us here has gone thru the all or nothing thinking. Don't quit. Glad you got the junk out of the house. That quote is so, so true. Maybe journal your frustrations..it always seems to help me.

Purple - push thru...try and plan for a good day and do the best you can. We're here with you!

Beth - great food plan and the one pound weight loss! Glad you stayed within your points even with the cookies!!

Bigtxmama - 4 pounds down! YAY! Below 300 is awesome.

Ginger - good job on the exercises. A trainer once told if I had residual muscle pain to rest it a day. She said - one day do upper body and the next day do lower body. Basically, get each set of muscles a day to rest. Hope that makes sense. And...really, when you think of it three cups of carrots is alot better than three cups of cookies!

Math Puppy - so glad to hear about your good day!! Yes, exercise is great way to push thru the hunger.

Have a good day everyone. Treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-11-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote