Old 03-14-2008, 02:58 AM   #46  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

hey gang, whew i just wrote out all the personals and, am i ever tired!
so ill make this quick. im hungry. dang im hungry! lol i better go to bed before i do something about it!
also, i step one the scale every morning now expecting big numbers (of loss) but i know ist not possible to lose 5lbs in one day without surgery. however, i still fantasize about it...alot. okay that was my confession of the night.
take care friends!

dcchick-we all want comfort food sometimes. maybe the trick is to develop new comforts? good job not giving in today. thats what we call willpower

purple- any weight loss is never bad! in the past 3 i lost 11...but i yoyo-ed on month 2 and had to lose about 10lbs all over again! so glad you found a home for your doggie. if ppl are excited about her, it must be a good sign. take care of yourself. i know its hard to say goodbye to one that you love.

trazey-wow 5 cookies! exciting

beverlyjoy- think of us and how we all believe in you next time you want to comfort your pain with food.

schmoodle-no i dont really know where/how to post the pics. i only have the before pics right now. lol. wouldn't be very impressive

bethz- my fingers are crossed for you! good luck on weigh in!

girlygirl- oh you can wine to us anytime, its what we are hear for! but even if youd rather not, im glad you're not giving up, you have lost 36 lbs! 36!! thas amazing!. i really want to be able to see you lose 78 more. i know you can do it! come back every day even just to read k? good luck

ginger- uck, i hate the cold sniffles. hope you got lots of rest.

bigtxmomma- for me, the eating habits are key. slipping up is so easy! but you have already lost 29lbs! thats alot, i bet if you think about how much fun it will be to changer you ticker to 30lbs lost, you wont slip up so easily. at least thats been working for me this week. one meal at a time tex, just take it one meal at a time. take care

mj-sending your knee best wishes.

rakel- i bet your MIL is really embarrassed about what she did, so she is scared to talk to you....... or maybe she just has really bad gas, and doesn't want you to know so she leaves the room as fast as she can before you find out? maybe, i guess there is no way of telling at this point.
hope things turn out for the best. sorry you had such a rough day.
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chickies! Thank you all for your support! It means ALOT to me - really does. I made it thru yesterday with my plan - I am so, so grateful.

Today I have PT - I am trying to take the attitude that this is really going to help and make a big difference in my pieces and parts!

For today-

Physical Therapy today
journal food
lots of water
meditation
stretches
ice, etc
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle with npnb, applesauce
snack - yellow peppers
lunch - ff cottage cheese with sliced banana, wheat crackers, streamed carrots with ICBINB spray
snack - cheese toast, apple
dinner - sloppy joes on ww bread, green beans
snack - cereal, flax, skim milk

I'll come back for personals later. Have a GREAT on plan days. If you are struggling - think of ONE thing you can do.

Thanks again.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:21 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, here's today:
B: crockpot steel cut oatmeal with dried cherries and walnuts, coffee with milk
S: V8, hard boiled egg
L: leftover Med Fish Stew
S: latte, cottage cheese with tomatoes and cucumber
D: WW Pita Pizzas
S: Greek yogurt with agave nectar or a piece of breakfast cheesecake

I am running late, but wanted to give Rakel a . It's too bad all that mess couldn't wait until after the wedding to come out. Weddings are stressful enough! I know you feel betrayed, but try and focus on John, not his family and have a wonderful day anyway. You can worry about all that mess later. Then do what's best for you and your new DH! I can tell you I am grateful every day that my MIL lives in another country. Any closer and I would have strangled her long ago. Lots of people have IL issues. You'll work it out somehow. We will all be there in spirit! Lots of imaginary 3fc maids and matrons of honor.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #49  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile

Good news on the scale this morning... lost 3 pounds this week

Had a good on plan week, got most of my exercise and plenty of water in!

Son returns overseas on Thursday! Will spend the weekend with us, then set out to Boston to see his sister and visit with his children...has been great to have him around. His teen brothers enjoy him so, and look up to him. We all will look forward to his eventual return to the area late this year or early next year.

Lots of company tomorrow...cooking a big dinner with good options for ME! Have a banquet...buffet style...on Sunday for basketball teams. Video came out great! Wish me luck and willpower at the BUFFET...

Will check in on Monday. Think of you all often. Beth
bethz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #50  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Purple, were you ever able to get that hot bath?

mj, when is your next adventure going to be? Is your knee feeling any better?

Math, I secretly hope the scale will drop five pounds overnight, too. Hahahahahaa. =D

Beverly, hope your pieces and parts are doing well. That's great to look positively toward the PT.

Bethz, I bet you're excited to see your son!! That's awesome you'll have plenty of good food choices at all your big dinners! =D

Anyway, I'm doing well. Stayed on plan last night, and didn't eat anything after dinner. Yesterday I was sooooooo thirsty. I'm kind of thirsty this morning, but not like yesterday. I'm so bloated from TOM, and it was warmer when I was working out, around 78 degrees, so I sweated more and was hotter than normal, so I imagine that's why I was thirsty.

Breakfast: Egg, coffee, Gimme Lean
Lunch: eggplant and ricotta bake
Dinner: something with beans
Snack: LFLC & tomato, smoothie

For exercise I think I'd like to do strength & sculpt today. I like working my muscles, and it's been a few days.

Does anyone else have one arm stronger than the other? I'm right handed, but my left arm is totally stronger than my right one for some reason. I just noticed that a few days ago when my right arm killed during some exercises but my left arm had no problem with it. A couple years ago, I had my palm read and the reader said how muscular my left hand and arm was, and she was shocked when she found out I was right handed.

Even my biceps are way more pronounced in my left arm. Sorry. Weird tangent, I know! lol I just really favor my left arm.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #51  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I'll get caught up w/ personals either later or tomorrow. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I cannot believe vacation week is winding down!!! Haven't found a way to be independently wealthy, so it will be back to work Monday for us!

We haven't done much today--stayed off my knee and used my pain meds--I hate to take them too much, but it has really been bothering me lately. I have my ortho appt Thurs (finally!), so I will at least get an injection that will take the edge off temporarily.

Tonight we are going to watch a movie or two and just veg. Tomorrow we are going to the recycling center--one of my least favorite things to do, but must be done! It doesn't take long, it's just one of those chores I don't like to do!

Today water has been good, food choices ok, I still haven't exercised, but hopefully tomorrow I will feel up to it.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #52  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

You guys, I need some inspiration or good vibes or somethin'.

I took photos to document my progress, and YUCK. I feel so gross now. I was feeling so good about my body, but it doesn't even look like I lost weight or anything. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I was kind of gross in the picture, wearing a tank top and baggy workout pants. I have no idea why it's bothering me so much, or why I'm beating myself up over it. It's not that big a deal. But it's totally not motivating me at all. In fact, it killed all my motivation.

asfdjkafldjsfsajkldaljfsdkafljkdsljkfsda;la;kjdsfj alk;
Old 03-15-2008, 03:24 AM   #53  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

the weirdest thing happened this morning, i lost a bunch of weight. i just got on the scale and was like "whoa! does that scale say 255?? waaaa?" then i stepped on it again and it said 256 or something. i swore i weighed 259 last night! did i leave a small body part in the bed when i work up this morning? (checks for liver) well i guess im 256 now. ill go with that. i guess this is what happens when i stick to my plan like a mad woman. i cant believe im sticking to my plan so well! i just finally cracked and got as much support that i could in my life. i got my kungfu class, i have 3fatchicks, i now have a weight loss coach from my insurance plan (they call me for the first time on wed)and i got my partner cheering me on, and i also talk about it. i think the talking about it was really the gate way. for a long time i never talked about how unhappy i was being a fatty. i knew i was, i just never said it out loud.
thank you guys for giving me a place to talk about it. 3fatchicks was the best idea ever!

i just hope thise keeps up for a long time. i know the hard times will hit me eventually. but hopfuly it is later rather then sooner!!!!!!
wishing you all well!

bethz- wow! congratulations! all your hard work has paid off! isnt it great!!have fun with your son! good luck with buffet. tell us how it went.

beverlyjoy- how did physical therapy go?

schmoodle-how was your day?

bigtxmomma- holy crap. i think your wish was granted! see post.
i have tom too right now! wow your left hand is your strong hand and your right hand is your "fine arts" hand. you could be a neat super hero. i can see it now.

bigtxmomma- aww i just read your second post. your motivation isnt dead! youre just unhappy with the way you look right now . i understand, im not very happy with the way i look either....but theres really only two options. gain weight or lose weight. you've already tried being on the "gain side" of things and that wasnt very fun. i grantee once you get to 225 youll be much happier. i think you are an amazing person. i know i dont really know you in RL, but i do know that getting to 225 is important to you. and we are here to help you do that. ive lost 15 lbs, and to be honest i dont see a difference at all. i dont have pics to compare my body too at that weight (why i took pics at this weight). but my partner insists that my "inner tube" is smaller now. and shes not the kind of girl that would lie about that just to make me feel better. i bet you just dont see it because you are so used to your body. but trust me, there will be some random number you hit where suddenly you will say "omg, i can tell im thinner now!" hang in there girl.

mj- i always feel like a need a vacation after my vacations. maybe you have the right idea staying home.
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:13 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends! Today we are going to Cleveland for overnight. it's the March birthday party - me, Rachel (stepmom), Harry my cousin from Ann Arbor, Mi and my SIL, Nancy - we all have March birthdays. Also, my cousins from Baltimore are driving in too. It will be great fun

I will use food exchanges for managing my food today and tomorrow. I know tonight is lasagna, bread, salad, cake. I'll take a small portion of everything - except the salad.

Yesterday went well with my food - I am grateful.

I hope you all have a good on plan weekend. Treat yourself as well as you'd treat a friend.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

so sorry rakel This is not the time for that drama, so I say ignore her as she is you and just focus on yourself and the wedding! Lane Bryant sucks too...things seem to all come down at once, too. You are going to be beautiful, the wedding is going to be as happy as you feel in your heart and smile, so do whatever you need to do to make yourself happy! She wants to pull you down, don't let her!!! Ignore her, go on your happy way and let her find someone else to shuttle her around. You can do this, but you have to be selfish and make your wedding a happy day for YOU and your hubby...and if she's miserable, who cares? Let her be miserable by herself.

math--You have food, water, etc. all in your body at night. I am usually 3-5 lb. heavier at night, so like to step on before bed and guess what I'll be in the AM I'm a scale freak, though. Congrats on the loss!

txmomma--maybe you can't see your progress because of the baggy pants? I always wear tight things to do pics, and try to wear the same outfit as well. With 29 lb. loss you should see a difference, or maybe it's just your own eyes not seeing it for emotional reasons? I have one arm stronger, and one arm measures an inch larger tahn the other...not surewhich is which though.

bethz--YAY for the returning son! Enjoy him.

I am feeling better, just really busy, of course it's the weekend
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:41 AM   #56  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for your words of kindness and encouragement btxmomma, mathpuppy, schmoodle & purple! I think you are right... and I've successfully completed a day where I didn't even feel an urge to cry. It's not too difficult to ignore her, and John and I have both adapted the response that she's wrong and needs to apologize to us, there really is no reason even if I don't clean as much as she likes to do what she's done. She's famous for being mad and not talking for weeks, and if that's the way she wants it, then fine. Last night we went to Ikea and I started getting excited for moving and getting furniture from there :P. I always kinda felt like I didn't really have a choice about her... I felt like, sure, it would be nice to be out on our own, but we hadn't really been able to afford it either. The tide is changing though, so I see this as a new opportunity. Like one of John's friends said, "She's a grown woman, and she should be able to take care of herself without being a burden for you two."

Scale was down a pound today, but it seems to fluctuates between 272-275 on a regular basis so I don't know if it's actually going down or not. I really need to get some insurance so I can see about my thyroid, since the nurse practitioner said that it seemed "a bit enlarged." If it really is enlarged, it may really be a leading factor for my weight -- not that I eat like a saint and still gain weight, but it's just a lot easier to gain a significant amount of weight because of my slow metabolism. I have to be extra good all of the time in order to even lose weight... and I'm not even sure what the extent of "extra good" is.

Last edited by rakel; 03-15-2008 at 11:42 AM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, just popping in for a brief visit, as it's a Saturday of running around, errands, and kid stuff. Started out great though, as the kids spent the night at Grandma's, so DH and I got up and hit the gym, then had breakfast and did some shopping at the Pa Dutch market before picking them up. Not gonna post a menu, but I had an omelet for breakky, and dinner will be some yummy sirloin steaks, spinach, and mashed rutabagas. I'm about to plan my menus for the week and will grocery shop this afternoon, so until then, it will be scavenging for food.
I have been on plan and exercising like somebody that's not me, but no budging on the scale this AM. It's all good, I just keep on going, barely give it a thought. I'm pre-TOM, so maybe next week will be better.

Just a big wave to everybody, I'll try to do personals later, but so glad you are sounding more cheerful and optimistic Rakel!
And bigtxmomma, don't get down! Maybe fix yourself up and put on a cute outfit and try again! The right outfit can make a huge difference over baggy sweats. But in any case, don't get discouraged! I'm sure you feel the difference even if it's not really showing as much as you'd like yet. I got together with some friends after losing 40 lbs. last fall, and none of them had seen me in a year, so I was ready for all kinds of positive comments, but nobody seemed to notice a thing, and I was very disappointed. Lately I haven't been losing much at all, but people keep commenting on the difference. It's just funny that way sometimes! You'll get there, keep your chin up!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 03-15-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:04 PM   #58  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

Hi everyone,

Thank you guys for making me feel better. I'm doing better today. I've just sort of blocked the pictures out of my head. I just can't find motivation in being disgusted with my body. I don't want to lose weight out of fear or something negative. I want to have wonderful feelings about my body RIGHT NOW. Not 100 pounds from now. That's why I'm really digging my meditation/visualization stuff, and I listen twice a day if not more. One part of the visualization is to think about your goals, and then to take those feelings and keep them with you now. I never really thought about it like that, but it really keeps me thinking positively about the journey I'm on.

mj, hope you're having a great time still. =D

Math, wow 5 pounds! That's incredible! That's an awesome idea about the weight loss coach. I'm going to call my plan on Monday to see if we have something similar. We have personal health coaches, but I've never talked to one. You know, I agree with you -- talking about things, having it all in the open, and having such support really makes it so much easier. I know there is no way I would have stuck on this as long as I have (ok, it's only day 41, lol, but still!!) didn't talk about what I was going through.

Rakel, I'm glad you're feeling better about your MIL. It is best to remain positive and not hold grudges and just focus on what is important. Like Ikea. I'm excited to hear about your wedding next week. =D =D

Rhonda, I heard about the crazy storms in Atlanta and thought about you. Hope all is well.

Beverly, hope you have fun in Cleveland! to an OP weekend!

Schmoodle, yay for a night with the kids at G'ma's house! Mashed rutabagas... yum, I'm going to have to try that. And you're right. I should put on nice clothing. I'm going to see my family at the end of April. I hope they notice. But they probably won't. There probably is some point when people just start to take notice.

Purple, I think it is some sort of emotional thing. My pants are falling off, and I'm wearing clothes I wasn't able to fit into, so there is a few inches lost. Hope you get a break this weekend!

Thank you all so much for cheering me up.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #59  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

Oh yea. I'm eating well today. Out of eggs for bfast so I ate two hot dogs. =/ And for lunch/snack, I had two bowls of really yummy red lentil soup. Sooo good. I did WATP 2 mile, brisk.