Old 03-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #1  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Talking URGH! Do you drive yourself crazy?

So, I was thinking the other day about my weekly WI ritual....

I've been trying to get healthy for a couple of months, and it's taken me this long to realize that if I just pretend like every day is Wednesday or Thursday (the days when I am super super picky about staying on plan for my WI on Thursday nights), I could actually string several really GREAT days together and have one HECK of an excellent WI! Why did this just occur to me? I'm a smart girl, I swear!

SO,

What are some things that trip you up and drive you crazy?
How do you overcome those things?
Are you just as proud of yourself for overcoming the small little hang-ups that befall us all as you are for a loss on the scale?
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #2  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I trip up on weekends! I don't think cheat days should exist, you should live everyday like your body is your temple, but the weekends still trip me up. I think one way and feel another, and that is the biggest battle for me. To help counteract this, I try to get a little more sleep so I'm not so emotional, and then try and start the day with something positive like exercise- just get it out of the way in the morning and you are more likely to stick to it (you've already made the commitment, why not?).
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Reddalice - To prevent weekends from tripping me up, I actually have my weigh in on Sunday morning. So Saturdays I'm careful, because I know WI is coming, and Sunday I'm careful because I'm either proud and wanting to continue my sucess or disappointed and wanting to get back on track. So far this has been a really sucessful strategy for me.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11"

My husband did WW before I met him and lost loads of weight. He said that two things he did that helped him a lot were 1) make trades with himself, saying, for example, do I want a doughnut for a snack, or a beer with dinner? and 2) gave himself one day a week where he didn't track what he was eating. That didn't mean that he binged all day, but it took some of the pressure off and gave him something to look forward all week (he did it on Saturdays). It doesn't work for me, because I'm always saying, ok, TODAY's the day that doesn't count...and then I want it to be the next day, too! But it worked very well for him
TheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #5  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

RedAlice---I, too, definitely struggle more on the weekends than I do on weekdays. I love my weekends, but they lack the structure that my regular working routine has.

LisaF---This is a GREAT strategy! Once ski season is over, I might switch my WI day to the weekend. My best friend does her WI on Sundays, and it's been working great for her, as well!

Walrus---My mom has been really successful with WW as well. I don't know if she had a "no-pressure" day, but whatever she did, it definitely worked. I love the WW plan so far. I am doing the flex plan, so I don't feel restricted. And I'm getting plenty of food---i'm not hungry when i do my evening binging. I'm just bored and sitting in front of the TV! I need a new (and inexpensive) hobby!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote