3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Newbie alert! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/136015-newbie-alert.html)

MamaToTomAndAlex 03-03-2008 09:08 AM

Newbie alert!

So, I'm new here! I think you probably gathered that from the title. :)

I am 37 years old, 5'4" and currently at 194 lbs. My start weight was 236lbs and my goal weight is 135lbs. so I am really happy that I'm doing well, but I'm stuck and I can feel myself slipping, so I'm here in the desperate hope that you guys can lift me up some and stop me from falling where I don't want to go.

I've done this before. I get to under 200lbs and I feel sooo pleased with myself I eat to celebrate. What is up with that??? I guess I've done it all my life. Hey, you've done great! Have a cookie!.... :dizzy:

So anyway.... my name is Kerry and I am a British Transplant to the US. I've been living here with my husband John for 8 years now and we have two small boys, Tom who is nearly 6 and Alex who is 2 1/2.

Anyway... that's me! Help!!!!

Kerry
x

Lovely 03-03-2008 09:16 AM

:wel3fc:

So glad to see you've found the site :) Congrats on the weight you've lost so far, such a huge accomplishment! Celebrating is great! Celebrating with food is maybe not such a great idea. Have you found other things to reward yourself with? New clothes? A trinket? A day at a salon?

Have a look around, you'll find many people are in the same boat. I, personally, am here quite often in order to feel supported & motivated. (Take a look at the Goal! stories... oh boy, those are motivation & a half!)

Best of success to you!

fiberlover 03-03-2008 10:14 AM

Hi Kerry,
That's the problem with getting stuck, it's hard to get motivated again.
I agree with Faerie to read the goal board. It's so motivating!

barbygirl43 03-03-2008 10:15 AM

:welcome2: You have found a great place for support. I think we all have those mental trigger numbers that it's hard to get over. (Mine was 250) Try and figure out why you are sabotaging yourself. I think mine was a fear of succeeding. If I lost all the weight, I felt like my weight defined me and if I lost all the weight I would lose me. I have worked through a lot of the mental issues this time and am ready to take it on.

MamaToTomAndAlex 03-03-2008 11:24 AM

Thanks for all the support, guys :)

Honestly, I think the reason I am stuck is a very good one... if that's possible! My husband is always going on about how much weight I've lost and how great I look, so I feel great,... to the point that I'm feeling like : "I'm done!" ... when I am sooooo not done... lol...

I feel better than I ever have at this weight though because I'm working out like a fiend. I'm on week 6 of the Couch to 5K running program and I do Karate two days a week as well as working with a resistance band when I'm at home and abs on my ball etc. I'm obsessing on the exercise which for me is fantastic as I used to be very fit, but it was a loooooong looooong time ago and I'd love to be back there, but have, in the past, found it very hard to get motivated to exercise. Signing up for a years worth of Karate in advance was the best thing I ever did!

Worst case, I'm not eating really badly, I'm just not logging, and when that happens I don't lose. I'm exercising enough that I'm not gaining and I'm not binging, I just feel like not logging is the slippery slope and I figured seeking out some motivational help now is better than waiting until AFTER I've started messing up more... if that makes sense.

I've always found that a supportive weight loss community is the BEST help for losing weight. You can do everything else right, but without the support of friends you're struggling alone.

I'm looking forward to hopefully being a regular poster here and getting to know you all better!!!!!!!!!! :)

Kerry
x

rockinrobin 03-03-2008 12:01 PM

Hi, I'm so glad you're here as this is a FANTASTIC place for encouragment, advice, info and yes SUPPORT.

I am going through a bit of my own, looking good, feeling good, getting oodles of compliments, and I think it has made me, or better yet I have ALLOWED it to make me a little bit complacent. I just looked it up in the dictionary:

com·pla·cent /kəmˈpleɪsənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhm-pley-suhnt]
–adjective 1. pleased, esp. with oneself or one's merits, advantages, situation, etc., often without awareness of some potential danger or defect; self-satisfied:

I think it's the second part of the explanation that is scaring me to pieces - the "often without awareness of some potential danger or defect; self-satisfied" part. So, I'm with you on this one. Time to tighten the belt and get back to business BEFORE I mess up even further.

Good for you for recognizing it and for seeking out help now. I greatly look forward to hearing more from you and watching your continued success. :)

MamaToTomAndAlex 03-03-2008 12:07 PM

Thank you. Reading this board this morning already has me feeling more 'buzzed' than I have for a while. I started the New Year with a small group of friends on another board (a Parenting Board) and we started off soooo well, but over the past couple of weeks or so enthusiasm there has been waning and I've been trying to keep everyone pumped up, but I'm finding my own enthusiasm is now flagging and there is no one there to 'pick me up'......

I almost feel like I'm being unfaithful by coming here... lol... because they really are a great group of women, but I can still love them all and come here and see you guys, right???? :lol: ...

I have logged everything I've eaten today and I've avoided the home made cookies I baked yesterday (in fact I hadn't thought about them until I posted that...... ... :rollpin: ) ... ;)

I have been on a diet for the best part of the past 15 years and I'm still fat. It's crazy. I'm wasting my life being miserable with my weight for what? For a little bit of effort and some self-control, right??

I WILL SUCCEED. FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!!!!

:D

Thanks all!!!!! :lol:

Kerry
x

famograham 03-03-2008 12:10 PM

:welcome3: Kerry!

Dawnyal is right...my magic mental block number is 187.

Don't worry, you can still come see us and keep your parenting board :lol: But beware...very soon you'll love us too :lol:

We can do this!
:hug: :cheer:
Linda

Beverlyjoy 03-03-2008 12:42 PM

Welcome to you....I totally understand about getting stuck sometimes. Congrats on your weight loss. Take it one day at a time - it CAN happen. Glad you're here.