3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   accountability / menus / planning March 2 - March 8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/135920-accountability-menus-planning-march-2-march-8-a.html)

mj5 03-02-2008 08:36 AM

accountability / menus / planning March 2 - March 8

Need some accountability? A place to post your menu? Some support? A little of everything? This is the place for you!!!!

mj5 03-02-2008 08:39 AM

Good Morning! Hope everyone is doing well! I feel better, but now I have that "day after a migraine / hung-over feeling" not fun, but better than a migraine!

No big plans today...just finishing up the laundry. I need to eat something for breakfast, it's just that nothing sounds good, yet.

GirlyGirlSebas 03-02-2008 09:09 AM

Good morning!

MJ, I know that feeling well. Glad the migraine is over and hope you start feeling 100% soon.

I'm feeling that hung over feeling,too. Unfortunatley, mine is from my two day off-plan binge. I've not had one of these in a long long time and I was hoping they were gone for good. It looks like the maintainers are right...I'll always have to be on guard for this as there really isn't a "cure." I'm feeling absolutely rotten today...physically and mentally...but, I've not given up. It may be a huge battle, but I will get back on-plan today and continue losing this weight.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Darkblue 03-02-2008 09:30 AM

Weekly weight-in: 244, down three pounds, but it's probably mostly due to being sick.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Beverlyjoy 03-02-2008 09:41 AM

Hi chickies....checking in. Went with friends to the movies yesterday and out to dinner. I didn't know where we'd end up for supper....usually, I'll go into a panic mode. But, we went to a rib house where I could get some white chicken chilie soup and a nice salad. :) So it worked out OK. We went back to our friend's house and playe Wii and Guitar Hero. What a hoot - never too old I guess to try out the newest things - especially the Cow Racing game. My friend had ice cream and and brownies - I had a very small portion of those and counted it in for my totals and was still OK. Whew...made it thru. :)

today - meeting in Delaware Ohio - getting ready for a storytelling conference - planning meeting

ice, heat, stretches
journal food
meditation
PMA
water!

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, pnb toast, applesauce
snack - carrots
lunch - egg white salad sandwich open face with melted lite cheese, asparagus
snack - banana
dinner - home made vegetable beef soup, garlic toast
snack - cereal, flax, fruit, milk

bgtxmamma - I answered your question about my meditation in Sunday's post - if you didn't see it, that's where it is. :)

Darkblue - congrats on the weight loss :carrot: ....sorry you were sick! :hug:

Rhonda - sorry about your binge....try and drink LOTS of water and plan to a good day - the best you can. It makes many battles to win a war!! :) I agree - seems like we always have to be on guard - the binge monster lurks always. :( You can do this. :carrot::carrot:

Mj5 - so glad your migraine is over ....thank goodness. Pamper yourself today and take care. :hug:

There's so much "stuff" going around. I've got a cold too..and my voice is scratchy (not good for a storyteller) - so I am resting it as much as I can.
Everyone have a great on plan day.

bigtxmomma 03-02-2008 03:01 PM

Hey you guys! We're back from our short camping trip. It was a great time, but I overindulged, BIG TIME. =/ I was reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of control with my eating. =/ Then, when I woke up this morning I was like, "OK, back on track!" and continued to eat a ton of this yummy dried fruit, yogurt covered raisins, raspberry chocolate trail mix. And THEN when we got home today, I said, "OK, back on track!" but I just ate like half a bag of pistachios. GRRRRRRRRRR.

Ok, back on track. Today. From here on in. =/ I reallyyyyy need to get it out of my head that just because we're on a trip or something, it doesn't mean I can go all out of control and eat everything in sight.

We did a lot exercise, so that's good. haven't done anything yet today. We have to clean up big time, then maybe I'll do some strength this afternoon.

Back for personals later! And I'll check the old thread, Beverly!!

Schmoodle 03-02-2008 04:55 PM

Hi chickles. What a crazy weekend this has been. My niece went into the hospital for an emergency appendectomy Thursday. Friday AM at 3:30 I saw DD off on her spring break vacation to Arizona. Friday afternoon I picked up DH from the airport. The ship he was on had so many issues that they sent the crew home. So we are happy to see him earlier than expected, but I guess he'll be going back out again soon. We'll enjoy him while he's home.

He and I had a nice dinner Friday night at our favorite restaurant. I behaved! Tenderloin, lima beans, and salad on the side. Yesterday was all about kids having friends over and sleepovers, so not much sleep, plus DD called from Arizona having trauma in the middle of the night.

Today was much calmer and pleasant. We had lunch with my grandmother and went swimming. We are all pooped now.

On the weightloss front, I was able to move my ticker 2 lbs. after 4 weeks of no loss! I have been doing much better with exercise and I'm sure that's making the difference, since I have been mostly on plan, but cheating a little her and there.

mj, glad your migraine is over. Hope you had a peaceful, restorative day.
Rhonda, you are so dedicated and never give up. I think that's what makes for success in the end. It's a learning process, and this is just another lesson for you to benefit from!
darkblue, congrats on the 3 lbs!
Beverlyjoy, sounds like a fun and busy weekend for you!
bigtxmomma, old habits die hard. You will get a handle on this, it just takes some time. Maybe now is a good time to think about how you will plan to handle the next trip!

I haven't really done menu planning all weekend, but have done okay with food nevertheless. Today was:
B: oatmeal with milk and agave nectar, coffee
L: lentil stew, chicken breast, small piece rye bread
S: latte
D: Pork Loin, steamed cauliflower
S: NSA pudding cup with cool whip free

math puppy 03-03-2008 03:08 AM

Hello. Ive been skipping out on checking in lately, I think its really taking a toll on my weight loss awareness, I’m not sure why, I think I was just going through a funk, but I didn’t gain any weight.
I have a cold or something. Anyways I stayed on plan today, which felt good because yesterday was not an op day!

But amazingly I was op 3 consecutive days prior to that. Which is good for me, lots of times im 100 over my plan. That’s still in weight loss range, even 200 cals is, but it feels good to see those lbs melt away so fast.

I’m feeling kinda brain dead tonight. I better go.

Girlygirl- ack! I know that feeling all to well. Im glad you are staying positive. That’s really what’s going to keep your head above water!

Darkblue- so sad you are sick, get well soon

Beverly- congrats on a job well done on a night out! I’m so proud of you!

Mj- I get visual migraines, I can’t even imagine the ones with pain! Glad you are feeling better

Bigtxmomma-sometimes saying on track is so hard! Today I kept reaching for stuff without even thinking about it! I found that hiding it from my self helps..outta sight outta mind thing. I know you can have a good op day!

Schmoodle-wow 2lbs! congrats!

Beverlyjoy 03-03-2008 07:35 AM

Hi folks...yesterday went well with my food. Today I am fighting a cold and lots of aches and pains...I'll carry on - it's a quiet day.

today...I'll rest and work on publicity for my storytelling guild

- lots of water for my cold
- less talking for my voice
- meditation
- PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble, pnb toast, pear
snack - brocolli
lunch - Italian Wedding Soup
snack - yogurt, flax, crackers
dinner - pancake, light turkey sausage, applesauce
snack - cereal, milk

math puppy - hope you get out of your funk soon!! :hug: Hang in there.

schmoodle - Glad your DH will be home soon...wow :) that's a wonderful thing. Congrats on losing 2 more pounds! :carrot::carrot:

txmamma - great that you had a good time camping. Jump back on program and then you'll be OK :)

Have a good day everyone! :D

GirlyGirlSebas 03-03-2008 08:30 AM

Good morning, Accountability Friends!

I’m so glad the weekend is over. It was not a great on-plan weekend for me and I’m ready to get my head back into my plan. I’m not 100% sure of what exactly happened. I don’t think it was one thing in particular. I think I just allowed a series of stressful days build up my frustration and anxiety until I exploded and turned to my familiar remedy…food. But, my mantra is “Quitting is not an option anymore” so I’m still here and trying to get this weight off and learn new ways of coping with the stresses of life.

Schmoodle – Congratulations on your 2 pounds loss! :carrot:
Darkblue – Congratulations on your 3 pounds loss! :carrot: Hope those medications are helping you to get back on your feet.
Linda – Congratulations on your scale drop! :carrot: I saw your other thread where you’ve lost 20 pounds and 1/5 of your goal. That is awesome!
Beverly – Hope those aches and pains let up for you soon.
Math – Glad you decided to come check in with us. Checking in here does help keep me motivated to stay on-plan....most of the time!
Momma- Were you able to get back on-plan yesterday?
MJ – Did you get rested and recovered for your work day today?
Purple, Ginger, Sara, CCkayac and everyone else, how are you doing?

Last night, I managed to remember to put on the crock pot for my steelcut oatmeal. So, I’m starting the day off on the right foot with my healthy breakfast. I also realize that I must make exercising a priority despite my heavy workload. I must make myself a priority again. I’ve decided that I’ll only work occasional overtime from now on. My health is too important and my family needs me, too.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

bigtxmomma 03-03-2008 09:31 AM

Good morning! We're all befuddled today. DD woke up super early, and DH is grumpy because it's still dark out.

I did okay yesterday in terms of food choices. I ate relatively on plan, but I ate when I wasn't hungry, which wasn't on plan. I did WATP 1.5 miles, so that was good.

Today is a new day. I'm only going to eat when hungry, and not when I think I should be eating. I know I can do this. My scale is tripping me out, because last night I weighed myself and was at 300, then when I woke up it was at 305. Then I waited half an hour and stepped back on and it was at 300 again.

Hi mj! Glad you're feeling better! Migraines are awful. =(

Rhonda, I'm sorry about your off-plan weekend. =( It's scary how stress can build up like that. But it's awesome that you are moving on!!! =D You can do it!!!!!!!

Beverly, thank you for your response about meditation! You had inspired me earlier to meditate a bit, but just using some old visualizations. I'm going to buy one of those CDs.

Schmoodle, your weekend sounds insane! I hope your niece is better, and that your DD survives spring break! :) That's a nice surprise to get your DH home.

Math Puppy, keep on checkin' in! How is kung fu? Is your partner feeling better and the chest pains have disappeared?

My plan today:
Bfast: eggs, coffee
lunch: chickpea/broccoli casserole
dinner: veggie soup
snack: NO NUTS! Vegetables. Cheese.

Exercise:
WATP
Strength & sculpt

kissingginger 03-03-2008 11:03 AM

Good Morning everyone!

Sorry it's been so long since I've checked in. Usually when people don't check in, it's cause they fell off the wagon. I certainly did, but I'm back and trying my hardest to stick with it. I am still struggling.

I've learned a valuable lesson - I can manage one night of eating out with friends (as I did in January) and wake up right back on plan. I CANNOT manage an entire weekend away with all food provided (they literally served desert with breakfast, lunch and dinner!). It took me 4 days home to get back to eating properly. A few enablers in my life didn't help either (eg. hubby offered me his leftover potato chips the first evening I was home) - I didn't eat them the first night, but still not being back on plan, the next evening they called to me, and I was back into the old habit of watching tv and eating junk mindlessly. A positive thing about the weekend away was that I did work out hard (Jillian and Bob style) at the gym there and used an elliptical the first time for 1 hour 20 minutes --I certainly hurt the next day. I went for many walks on the beach and swam in the pool. There was no littles ones there to need me to get off the treadmill and it helped immensely.

Last Thursday I knew I had to go to my doctors office the next day to weigh in (and thankgoodness or else my relapse might have been much much longer) and I ate very lightly all day and mostly veggies and protein only. I helped get my taste buds back to healthy foods.

I weighed in only 2.5 pounds lighter than last month at 256. I was disappointed because by mid-february I was at my goal of 253 and had I kept it up I could have been as light as 251 or 250. <sigh>.

Today accountability friends I am 255.6. I am changing my ticker and getting back to it.

Here's the plan today:
b: oats/fruit, tea
s:apple
l:salad and chicken
s: tomatoes and cucumbers
d: not sure, either salad again or soup?

Thank for listening. The damage was not huge, but the struggling has been. I've been trying to find inspiration everywhere. I need to drive to come from within.

Cheers, Ginger

Purplefirefly 03-03-2008 11:15 AM

Just checking in so you know I'm alive :) I'm feeling much better today because I made a plan to get back to some old habits...like getting up early enough to do a short exercise, shower, lotion, and actually get dressed :lol: Dropped the kids off completely ready for the day and it felt so good. I miss not feeling like I have to hide when they open the door to take out a kid. This just means I have less time to be on here...but I will be checking in at least once a day during the week. Weekends are a different matter right now, but I will stay caught up with you all.

Rhonda--Right back to it, girly! You can do this, you know it's just a matter of sucking it up and getting through the beginning part again. So hard to get going, but eventually it starts to feel so good and natural...I want to be back in that easy place real soon, but it seems to never last long for me.

Ginger--Yeah, it would be hard for anyone to stay OP in those circumstances. But it's over now and you know what you have to do...now DO IT :buttkick:

txmomma--You can't let the scale drive you nuts! You'll have those fluctuations from day to day and during the day, but it has nothing to do with actual fat gain or loss. Look at it over a period of time, say week and month, and don't let the other changes get to you. I weigh every morning, but I know when it jumps up a little without cause it will be coming back down and i don't freak out...or maybe weigh less if you can't turn off the panic when you see a higher number?

I will catch up with everyone else...time to get son from preschool and go eat lunch at the elementary school, then my daughter has gymnastics again tonight, so I'll be back eventually just not sure when. She is almost pulling a back handspring by herself, she is so excited! and very excited for proud mama to watch as well :) Actually, I think if her coach would not put his arm out she would do it on her own already, but i know he has a reason not to let her yet, so I'm just being patient.

mj5 03-03-2008 12:47 PM

Hi everyone! I am swamped at work today, but I will check in as soon as I get back home!

bigtxmomma 03-03-2008 04:42 PM

Today I've had a good day. I bought a guided imagery-healthy eating meditation CD from itunes for $9. It was GREAT. Beverly, I have to agree that there is a benefit to meditation. At first it seems kind of hokey, but the patterns I have for unhealthy eating are sooooo deep seated in my subconscious. And it goes after triggers, like cravings, and comfort eating, trying to train your mind to switch on new feelings. We'll see how it goes. I think I'll listen to it before bed, because I like to listen to my ipod as I'm going to sleep.

Then I did about 35 minutes of Biggest Loser cardio/WATP.

Tonight I'm going to make asparagus soup. I had chickpea/broccoli casserole for lunch. And I just ate a smoothie after the workout. I want to work in some weights tonight once I recover.

Ginger, you're awesome. There were some GREAT things you did on the weekend. Where did the motivation to exercise come from? Almost 1.5 hrs on the elliptical?? That's hardcore. You should be proud of yourself. And what is your husband doing, offering you potato chips! That's so not cool.

Purple, that's great that you're doing what you need to do. Yay for your daughter and her back handspring! Yea, actually, I only weigh in once a week. Last night I checked because I was cursing myself for eating too much. I think I have a bum scale. But, I guess it is consistently off. =D

See you guys later!