Old 02-29-2008, 10:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 232.4/227.2/130

Height: 5'2"

Question Need some Help with an exercise plan!

Hey there, I recently joined this forum and Im looking for an exercise plan that someone could suggest that would suit me.

I would like to do 20-30 minutes of exercise a day but do not have access to a gym or treadmill, and it is also about -20 outside and snowing. I would like something I could do in the privacy of my own home. I do however have ankle weights, and some dumbbells. Hope that helps

Any thoughts or plans would be greatly appreciated
Dies Irae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds series is great for home.

Pilates is also a great indoor workout.

If you have netflix - you can actually get exercise dvds from there to try out.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #3  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

We cancelled our gym membership cuz it wasn't working for us. We were not going regularly but just wasting money. So we bought The Firm workout DVDs and they are pretty good, combination of both aerobics and strength training. They have both 1 hour long workouts and 1/2 hour express workouts. The whole kit comes with weights, several dvds and an exercise plan easy to follow. We got it from their official website but it is available via Amazon as well. Also if you google exercise routines and stuff it should come up with tons of results.
Do you have comcast or verizon as your cable provider? They have free on-demand fitness/exercise videos that are easy to follow.
Hope this helps

Last edited by pintobean; 02-29-2008 at 11:10 AM.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:05 PM   #4  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Another option a member here at 3FC suggested (and which I am taking advantage of) is getting workout videos through Netflix! They have a HUGE selection of workout DVDs, and their plans are relatively inexpensive! For $13/month, I'm getting 2 DVDs at a time and unlimited access to online movies and TV shows to watch on my PC My first workout video choice was a TaeBo DVD!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #5  
that girl

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3

Default Push TV

I subscribed to this for 25/mo. you tell them all your info and they tailor workouts for you. you do them 3x week with some cardio and they send you new dvds every month that you keep. I LOVE it.
Lisa0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #6  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

A great thing to have is a resistence band. You can do a full body strength workout at home with one of those and they are inexpensive. I belong to a gym but on the days I don't make it there I use my resistence band and a mini trampoline for cardio.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 232.4/227.2/130

Thanks for all the great ideas
I did a google search and ended up finding a website made after the Prevention magazine that gave a bunch of different free workout videos and different tips and resources. I ended up with a 30 minute yoga plan that is great, although I cant quite stretch like that until I loose some of my tummy
Dies Irae is offline   Reply With Quote