Old 05-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #1  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Default My Jeans

Okay so I wear a size 26 pants. I've lost 21 pounds so far,and I still can't fit into a size 24?! I fit into them but they are really tight. Their just as tight as they were 21lbs ago. It is really discouraging! So my question is how many pounds did you have to lose to go down a pant size?
ThisTimeIsDifferent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

40 pounds. No joke.

I started at 210 (my best guess) and hit 172 before I truly understood what the heck was going on. Don't fret though, a lot of it has to do with where you lose weight, body shape, etc... I have wide hips and a smaller waist, so I can be a 6 at the waist and a 10 on my booty.

Congrats on the 21 lbs, so far! I bet you CAN tell, even if you aren't dropping pants sizes yet!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #3  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

40lbs?!! UGHH! I can see it in my face a little bit. I can also see my collar bones peeking through...LOL! Oh well. Hard work and time will tell.
ThisTimeIsDifferent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #4  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Yea,it just d epends. I'm at 270 and 24s are loose. I started out barely squeezing into 28s when I was around 325-330.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hang in there Lonnie! It took me about 40-45 lbs. to go from a 26 to a 24. Generally, as you move down in size, it takes fewer lbs. lost to drop a size. But there are so many variables, it's hard to predict exactly how it will go for you.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #6  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

I know I started changing my eating to keep from having to buy a larger size pants. That meant I was squeezing myself into a certain size. So to fit into the next smaller size first I had to lose enough to really fit into the size I was wearing. Then I had to lose more to fit into the next size down. I know also a lot of people have commented that sizes in the twenties seem to be about 30 pounds apart. Then the teens seem to be about 20 pounds apart. I think I had to lose 30 pounds to go from a tight fit down to a comfortable fit in the next size.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I know the feeling. My bottom half is going down but my huge arms are still not fitting smaller shirts.

My advice? Get a tape measure and measure yourself TODAY. Write it down. I measure my neck, upper arm, wrist, bust, waist, hips, and thigh. Then when you lose ten pound, measure again. Then you can see exactly where the weight is coming off.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

I can't remember exactly how many lbs I had to drop but i know it was a fair few.
Not sure if it's any consolation (as a good and bad thing lol) but I'm finding it takes less 'poundage' to move through the sizes the lower I get (however also means one semi big slip and I'm up a size in the blink of an eye!)
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #9  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I started at 245 and a size 22, and 45 pounds later I'm just now fitting into an 18. It can be frustrating when your size goes down so slowly, but you will get there.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:16 PM   #10  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

yup i was a 24, and i couldn't get 22s on til about 40 pounds gone, now they're loose and the 20s are a bit snuggish

AND OH MY GOODNESS I HATE SPANDEX IN JEANS there i just had to get that out! the clinging all the way down the leg is flattering on very few THIN people so you can imagine what it does to me!! I'm sticking to the trouser jeans, nice straight flow, snug around the waist but not tight and long to wear a high sandal! whoohoooo 18s and 16s here i come!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/177/135

Height: 5'4

My mom was in 24's and lost about 40lbs and had me buy her some clothes at the thrift shop. There is one that is super duper nice close to my work and everything is namebrand and really nice, some even have the orginal store tags on them. I bought her 22's and there were a few 20's that were so nice, I couldnt pass on them. When she got them, the 22's fit great and after another 10lbs she can get into the 20's. I am soooo proud of her!!!

Keep up the hard work and dont get discouraged by the clothes or the scale. Start measuring with a tape measure every 2 weeks or so. Those 40 lbs could be coming off your arms, calves, neck, and BOOBS!!! That's the first place I lose mine!!! Steam ahead and keep your eye on the prize.
Fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTimeIsDifferent View Post
Okay so I wear a size 26 pants. I've lost 21 pounds so far,and I still can't fit into a size 24?! I fit into them but they are really tight. Their just as tight as they were 21lbs ago. It is really discouraging! So my question is how many pounds did you have to lose to go down a pant size?
I hear ya. I'm in a 24 jeans, and they JUST now are starting to get looser, over 40lbs later.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #13  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

I would say follow Lyn's advice and measure. I should be taking that advice too! It's hard for me to say when exactly I went down a size because I didn't really. You know how Old Navy and Lane Bryant have different places that make their jeans? And the same size can fit differently from one to the other? (Old Navy told me their jeans are inconsistent with sizing and to grab at least 3 of the same pairs of pants in the same size to see which one fits best). Well I picked up a pair of the same jeans I was wearing at Lane Bryant before I started eating differently. I tried them on and NO WAY were they getting past my big booty! I have been able to wear them for the last couple of months or so. It took about 25lbs to fit in those jeans. I can wear some smaller jeans now too...so I am not sure. Probably about 30lbs is accurate for a new size in 20's +.
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #14  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
So to fit into the next smaller size first I had to lose enough to really fit into the size I was wearing. Then I had to lose more to fit into the next size down.
That's what happened to me, too. I was squeezing into 14's at 181, and my 12's were comfortable/loose at 157. My 12's are fitting comfortably again at 165, so 10's, here I come!
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #15  

Can't believe I logged on to see this as a new thread ----as today is the first time I went shopping for some clothes since I started losing. I have lost 37lbs. from 295-258lbs.)and today was the first time I actually had fun shopping in years. I could try things on and they would actually fit and look good. I still need big sizes (24, 28...)but already the clothing options have increased and it makes my hour long walk I'm about to go on even more motivating. I also had to buy new bras in a smaller size! I am throwing away all my old bras b/c I never want to fit in them again.
nolachick is offline   Reply With Quote