3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   B12/B6 shots...do they work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/135141-b12-b6-shots-do-they-work.html)

hardatwork 02-22-2008 12:21 PM

B12/B6 shots...do they work?

Hey! I'm new to 3FC. I have read thru so many of the threads and was excited to sign up. I started my weight loss on Jan 24 and weighed in at 273. I am going to a local weight loss clinic and getting B6/B12 and lipotropic shots weekly. I was just wanting to know if anyone had any input on this or if anyone has or is trying this method of weight loss.

1-24-08 - 274 first weigh in
1-30-08 - 268
2-12-08 - 265
2-19-08 - 264

ACivE 02-22-2008 12:50 PM

About two years ago I went to a 'diet doctor' and was getting similar weekly shots and had an appetite suppresent and was following a stringent diet. I lost a bit of weight but got discouraged after a few months and quit. The food wasn't healthy and the doc didn't really believe in changing his recommended diet.

Fast forward a few years and here I am. I gained back some of the weight I lost and kept my weight stable for a year or so and then this past summer someone bet me that I couldn't drop weight. Since August I've lost 61lbs and have quite a bit more to lose. No shots, just counting calories. It's simple math... you know how many calories you burn each day and if you want to drop two pounds a week, you need a significant deficit. 3500cals/lb = 7000 cal deficit each week. Some of this can come from extra exercise and some from not eating so much.

hardatwork 02-22-2008 01:14 PM

Thanks for your input! I dont really go by the diet plan they provided! I eat a healthy breakfast and lunch. Dinner time is harder for me. I have cut out my sodas and most of my sweet tea (Addicted to tea) lol

You have lost so much weight! Cant wait til I'm there!

fiberlover 02-22-2008 04:30 PM

What would be the difference between taking an extra b-complex vitamin every day and a shot? I always wondered what the shots were.
I take an extra b-complex a day to keep fatigue at bay. Don't think it necessarily has helped with weight loss, but who knows?

nelie 02-22-2008 04:37 PM

B-vitamins are supposed to help you feel good and if you have a vitamin deficiency, then they are definitely needed. A lot of weight loss drugs include the B vitamins because it helps those on those drugs feel good and thus think the pill/shot/whatever is working.

If you have a B vitamin deficiency or want the effects of feeling good, you can buy B vitamins inexpensively from the store.

JayEll 02-22-2008 05:46 PM

Some people cannot absorb B vitamins very well via the digestive tract, and that's why shots are recommended for some folks.

Jay

nelie 02-22-2008 05:49 PM

I thought the sublinguals were pretty good for that? I knew someone who used to take sublingual b vitamins for depression.