My 5k Experience

• And it was an experience let me tell you. It was cold and raining but I finished!!! And I'm going to sign up for one in the middle of April so I wasn't totally turned off by the thing.

Here's a link to my blog entry to read about the whole thing if you like. Disclaimer: I do swear and if you are offended by curse words, click at your own risk.

I finished last. I wasn't able to jog the whole thing. My jog is even slower than the walkers. I had a huge up and down emotional ride the entire journey but I'm so glad I went to this one and know what to expect the next time. I did get a shin splint on my left leg and my right had that same achiness in the back side. I'm waiting until Wednesday before I start jogging again but jogging again I will!!!!
    My time was 51:46 gun, 51:24 chip and a pace of 10:17
  • Dawnyal,
    Your blog brought tears to my eyes. i could just feel the support of the other runners/walkers when as they were cheering you on...and it seems as though you did this alone? Wow. You are really brave.

Congradulations to you on finishing your first 5k!
  • Thank you for sharing your blog link. I'm so excited for you. You're a runner!
  • WOW! I read your blog and I am SOOOOO proud of you! You are fantastic and deserve a big round of applause for doing that. I keep telling myself that I want to do something like that, but I guess I'm too chicken. You have really inspired me. I know there is a 5K nearby as part of the St. Paddy's Day Parade. Now I'm thinking, could I do it too???
  • Congrats!
  • Great job!!
  • I loved reading your blog post.

I am SO proud of you I could burst! Congratulations!
  • Congratulations!
  • what a huge accomplishment! Very brave to do it alone as well. I can't wait to hear about the next one, and the next, and the next. Very inspiring.
  • Dawnyal
    Awesome job! Congratulations!!
  • Wow. That is an AMAZING accomplishment. Congrats! Just think, you'll know better what to expect next time, and you'll be in even better shape, to boot!
  • Congrats on completing it. I am sure you are very proud of yourself!! Keep up the good work.
  • Dawnyal,
    I didn't have time to comment yesterday. I read your blog. You always share so much! You know sometime I have those very same thoughts and wonder if it's just me. I don't know if I could ever be as strong as you and run. Fear of failure is running (no pun intended) high with me right now. I think I have to reprogram myself on what I feel failure is. I'm very inspired by you and all you do! Congrats and I always look forward to reading your post. You babies are getting so big! They are so cute!
  • I'm so proud of you! You go girl!!