Old 02-21-2008, 04:31 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

HI friends....I am back to catch up with personals. I am having a good day. Tonight is my class "Understanding Your Relationship with Food"

Purple - glad you got thru you day yesterday - I love your term "free salad" - it's a great concept. Two more pounds down are awesome!!!!

Bigtxmamma - You've had some great workouts - listen to your body and rest it a day if you think you need to. Yes, I saw the eclipse...it was an awesome sight.

Schmoodle - Have a safe trip!!!

famograham- I am so glad to hear that your job is going well.

Math - You LOVE sit-ups....I am SO impressed. That's awesome. DH mean 'dear huband' and DD means 'dear daughter'. Yes, I did tell something last night at open mic storytelling. It was a rap that I wrote. Who knew I'd every write a rap!!!! They liked it...it's about storytelling - it's aimed at school age kids.

Rhonda - HOORAY for seven days on plan! That's wonderful. You can build on this momentum.

Mj5- I just love your calendar idea. What kind of stickers did you buy (I love stickers). Yes, we are going to Michigan this weekend to see Alex (my Grandson) and his parents my son and DIL. There will be a party. I can't wait to see that little boy! Yes, I hope you can reschedule the apt. to see your otho.

Ginger - so glad you and the family are all finally healthy. Be careful how you pick up the kids. Try to do it with your knees (if they are strong enough) as well as your back. (if that makes sense). Have fun at the scrapbook weekend. Great idea that you are taking your snacks!

Hope you are all having a GREAT day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Ginger, I am jealous of your scrapbooking vacation..that would be pure heaven for me! I hope you have a blast and make good use of that pool. It's also great to hear about you swinging your kids around and feeling so good in your body. Wonderful!

math--did you take any good pictures?

txmomma--I don't know about skeletal readjustments, but i know my posture improved from doing WATP, and as I get more physically fit the way I exercise does change, but just because I do more, kick higher, etc. Take a day off if you think your body needs it. Always listen to your body!

mj--oh no! Don't sing Getting stickers would motivate me too....funny because that's what they use at my son's preschool even guess you never get too old for stickers.

Rhonda, did you get on the treadmill
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:08 PM   #48  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Hey guys, just checking in. No time to do personals (well, i'm actually just REALLYYYYYYYYY low on patience). Had a bad day. I stayed on range food wise, so I guess I should be happy. =/ Oh well. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:11 AM   #49  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I just finished a 1 mile watp dvd. I still plan on getting to the gym, but since I seem to only be able to tolerate small bursts of cardio at a time, I thought I would try some in the am and some in the afternoon too. We'll see how the old knee feels this afternoon!
bitxmomma--Sounds like a day of rest is what you need! Sending you a hug. Today will be a fresh start!

mathpuppy--Did you get outside for a walk? Glad you survived the blood draw...never fun!

Beverlyjoy--So glad to hear yesterday was a good day! Have a great time this weekend!!! I was going to use some stars that I had and just buy some more, but when I went the craft store, they were having a HUGE sale on their stickers...so I bought all different kinds--stars, ladybugs (I LOVE ladybugs), so words of encouragement, stuff like that. I didn't ahve a lot of time, so I started w/ those, but bought lots!!!

Purple--Believe it or not....I used to sing in college, but I am way out of practice. We used to sing classical stuff. I have even sung at St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC--what an experience!!!! But, that being said, you do NOT want to hear me today!!! I think my dh thought the sticker thing was a little childish at first, but now that he 'sees' it, he is pretty excited about it too!

So far I am 2/2! I was even over my 'goal' for drinking water! It's funny, because yesterday I was way late leaving for work and had a quick though of not going to the gym, but then realized I would be putting my sticker in jeopardy and immediatly drove to the gym!

Today the plan is to go to the gym, then get groceries. So glad it is finally friday!!!

I'll be back later! Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:14 AM   #50  

Hi accountability friends! Yesterday I had a on plan day with food.

I am getting ready to go away to Michigan to celebrate my grandson's first birthday. The weather has made the roads slick...but, I think they'll be salted by the time we leave.

I've got my bananas and 100 calorie packs of crackers packed for snacks or nibbles.

When I go out of town I usually still write down my food and keep track with exchanges since I can't really plan ahead like I do at home. It's worked in the past. I am hoping for the willingness to use the tools I have.

Exchanges today:

dairy - 2
protein - 6
starch - 6
fruit - 2-4
veggies - at least 6
fats - 3

I can make a very small piece of birthday cake equal a fruit and starch - voila...it's magic.

I hope you all have a great weekend. I think DH is bringing his laptop...I'll check in when I can.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-22-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #51  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Partners!

I only have a couple of minutes, so just wanted to check in with you. Glad to see that everyone is doing so well. I'm still on-plan. No exercise yet as I've been putting in long hours on this project. The scales have decided to smile for me a bit, so I started the day off on the right note. Speaking of my project, I better get going on it. I'll check in again later and get "personal" with everyone.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-22-2008 at 08:59 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #52  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Rhonda -- congrats on the new position! YAY!

MJ -- thanks for asking!

I see that most of you are struggling a little this week... but also finding that you can overcome it. That's very important. I know that I oftentimes throw up my hands when I overeat or fail to exercise... and it's not hard to do. Stay strong ladies. I know we can do this, and if we don't believe it we need to keep saying it until we do

Things have been a little hectic as of late. Sunday night my shoulder started hurting really badly and so I've been trying to stay off the computer outside of work, and when I do get on the computer, I have a lot of projects that I'm working on, and planning for the wedding, etc. It's only a month away now! My shoulder doesn't do too bad during the day, but I've been having a problem when I sleep. Apparently I move constantly throughout the night and that will actually wake me up and then I'm miserable and can't go back to sleep. I also think it was keeping me from really healing, because every night I just toss and turn and cause more stress and pain for those muscles. However, I think I have finally found a way for me to sleep without really moving much... today I feel much better and did not wake up in pain. Not to say the pain still isn't there, but more of a low throb, like a headache. If it doesn't show signs of improvement or the pain continues to be extreme, I may have to bite the bullet and go see a doctor for some stronger pain killers or _something_.

On the weight loss side -- I've been pretty good about my exercise up until Sunday when this started hurting. I haven't neglected my exercises entirely, but a lot of things hurt for me, so I have been taking it easy by walking and doing some light stretches that feel good when I do them, and not doing the ones that hurt. My food was pretty bad for awhile... but it's getting better. Today I stayed up pretty late and got really hungry, but I didn't eat because I already ate the calories I should have. I ate more chocolates than I should have, but I stayed within my calories.

This morning when I was getting undressed for the shower, I thought, "Maybe I am going crazy, but I think I look smaller." The scale only said 275, but I pulled out the tape measurer and my hips were 51, my waist 45 and my bra 43. I am basically a pillar shape, LOL. My hips and bra didn't really move much -- an inch, but my waist has moved 3 inches from a few days ago.

I'm trying a new approach with my weight loss -- I'm going to try taking more protein and eating smaller, more frequent "snacks" and doing some weights/stretches every day with some walking or on the bike. I'm not going to focus on getting my heart rate up so much as just working out my muscles. I think this latest bout with my shoulder blade is teaching me that I shouldn't be so brass with my attempts -- though I am young, my body is still fragile and I need to be careful not to hurt myself. It is definitely not hard to do that.

The new job is going great, and it looks like they may be moving me to full time next week... though the past two weeks I've more or less been full time with over 35hrs a week (but not quite 40). John is still looking.

OK, now I'm going to walk over to a Salon nearby and see if I can make an appointment or get my hair cut right then and there... it's been a long time overdue. I've got a ton of errands I need to do today, too.

Last edited by rakel; 02-22-2008 at 10:46 AM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:48 PM   #53  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

Yay Math Puppy! Good for you, doing sit ups. =D And getting out of the house to avoid the fridge. I know what you mean about the lack of connection with your body. Oh, and DH plays computer games mostly, so he likes his gigantic desk, which is in our bedroom. =/ He's been overworked lately, so I think he's trying to make up for lost personal time. Not to mention that we're both hardcore night owls. =/

Purple, freebie salads rule!! Good job with your 2 lb loss!!

Rhonda, grats on day 7!! Did you rock your treadmill yesterday? Yea, I may need to up my calories. I'm aiming for ~1500 each day. I'm not very good at counting, though. =/ I keep a mental tally in my head, but I estimate portions. I usually tack on an additional 15% for error. =/ I just never let myself go hungry, but then I get worried that I'll overeat. Meh.

mj5, hahahaha about the singing!! =D I'm glad you started your calendar! I think that's a great idea to have a visual representation of your goals. That's cool that's what you also do at work. =D Heehee, your husband thought it was silly at first. Mine would too, I bet. You sound like you're having a great day.

Beverlyjoy, happy bday to your grandson! Work your exchange magic!! =D Hope the drive is safe.

Ginger, I hope you have a fun weekend scrapbooking! Planning ahead will definitely help you stay on track. =D That's wonderful that you feel so good and healthy. =D

Rakel, I'm glad you're back! Sorry you are in so much pain. =( Yea, tossing and turning will really prevent you from healing. Shoulders give you the worst pain, too. That's awesome that you lost 3 inches!! Maybe your muscles are building up while you're taking it easy. =D I'm glad your new job is working out!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #54  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

Oh yea. I had a decent morning. I'm sooo going to work my butt off today. I can feel it! Rawr! I'm glad I took yesterday off w/ exercise. I'm feeling much better today. I was really freaking out last night, but I'm okay now. I think I was upset because DH is taking over for his boss because his boss is in court for the next few months -- he's in the middle of a SUPER nasty divorce. So DH is working overtime, and he's stressed out, and then honestly, sometimes I feel divorces are contagious. There is a very fine line between working on your problems and just giving up.

I also keep hearing about his boss's ex and what a "psycho" she is, and it's like, gosh, give her a break. EVERYONE has the potential to be the psycho ex. They were married 10 years. She wasn't a psycho back then. I guess it disturbs me because DH and I separated for eight months last year, and we've been back together that long, but part of me is just waiting for it to nosedive again.

I don't know. I'm seriously TOMing. lol Usually I'm a mean & growly TOMer, but now I'm all weepy and fragile. It's kind of funny. =D

My food is on plan today. Of course, it's not even noon. =/
Old 02-23-2008, 07:17 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

rakel--how does the new haircut look? you deserve it....3 inches in a few days is awesome! I'm really glad you like the job.

I am very at myself today. I ruined my 365 day challenge last night. I had a long, busy day and barely found time to eat so by 8PM when I finally got home from my daughter's gymnastics class I was beyond starving. Hubby ordered chinese food but I didn't order myself anything because there would be no way to judge the calories and I know it's high fat. But, my son started running a fever and I got busy giving him a cool bath, Tylenol, etc. and I didn't get my own food made. They ate and there was a ton leftover on the counter and I just ATE. I didn't totally binge until I felt sick, but I know I was way over calories. Thing is, at that point I didn't care. I didn't even think about it much I just dove in out of complete hunger and exhaustion, not wanting to cook for msyelf.

I know I was over my calories, so I am starting over with my 365 challenge. I did learn something though: I need to have something quick to grab that will really fill me up, and in last night's case i should have had hubby pick me up something from somewhere I can look calories up online. I did have a good bit of calories left, so even a McDs chicken sandwich with no mayo would have stayed under my limit...I just didn't THINK about that! My thoughts don't go to fast food anymore...which is good, but last night could have helped me stay OP and keep with my challenge.

i am disappointed, but at the same time I feel determined to get it right this second time around...I'm not going to quit!

I won't be around again today. DD has to cheer then it's her birthday party and looks like my son and hubby will be home sick so it's all on me today.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #56  

Hi friends...we made it safe and sound to Michigan. I must have given that little boy about 100 hugs & kisses. We went to Chili's for supper and I had salmon, rice & brocolli - I shared my rice with Alex. He loves rice just like his dad did at that age.

My food was good yesterday & I kept track with exchanges. The hotel has an expansive breakfast buffet - they even had hb eggs! So, this morning I has 3 egg whites, raisin bran and skim milk.

Today -

lunch with old friends

then off to the grocery and then going to son & DIL's to make an antipasto plate for the party

Alex's birthday party!!! Pirates are the theme!

food wise - exchanges today

protein - 6
starch - 6
fruit - 2-4
dairy - 2
veggie - 6
fat -3
100 calories to play with,if necessary

Have a great day.

I did 45 minutes of meditations already
stretches
will journal my food and exchanges
water!

Happy times with my family

No time now for personals...maybe tonight.

Have a GREAT day.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #57  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hello Acountability Partners!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far. Last evening, I had the house to myself as Hubby took the girls roller skating and for pizza. I've been renting Desperate Housewives and I'm in the middle of the second season. Good stuff! I watched about 6 episodes last night. Today, I'm going for a hair trim then tonight is neighborhood Ladie's night. We're getting together for another round of Bunko and good food and fun. I've already saved some calories to have a couple of snacks and a margarita. I'm also going to look for a new top to wear while I'm out getting my hair cut.

Rakel - It was so good to hear from you again. Congratulations on losing the three inches!
Momma - Hope the TOM moodiness leaves you quickly!
Purple - I'm glad that you're not letting last night's off-plan meal keep you from continuing on your journey. Don't worry too much about the 365 days challenge. The challenge helped you to stay on-plan on other days and that's a very good thing.
Beverly - Enjoy the pirate party. Arggghh, me matie!

Oh....I forgot one very important thing. I'm signing up for belly dancing classes! I'm so excited..I've been wanting to do this for a long time.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #58  
mj5

Rakel--So good to hear from you! Sounds like things are going really well, aside from the injury. Take care of yourself!

bigtxmomma--How are you? Enjoying some warm weather? I'll live vicariously through you right now...it's freezing here! I'm w/ you on the divorce thing...obviously no one else really knows what goes on between two people, but at times it just seems like when things get rough, time for divorce. I'm sure that is not always the case, by the way!

Purple--The good news is you didn't ruin anything...ok, so things didn't go the way you wanted them to, but today is a new day. I can see why you want to start over, but don't beat yourself up! have a fun day today!

Beverlyjoy--So glad you made it to Michigan safely. Have a great time!!

Rhonda--Enjoy the home alone time! Have fun getting your hair cut, shopping, and ladies night!!! Belly dancing classes...how exciting!

I am 3/3 for stickers and well on my way for #4! I realized this morning at 10:30 when I hadn't eaten breakfast yet that I better eat something!!! I had been cleaning and just hadn't gotten around to eating, yet. I had some oatmeal w/ some mixed fruit in light syrup. It was SO good! Since I ate breakfast late, I am just getting around to eating lunch now, but that's ok...then I will put some veg beef soup together in the crock pot for dinner tomorrow, get some laundry going, do a little more cleaning, get my workout in, take a bubble bath and THEN relax w/ the dogs--can't wait for that part!

The other day I ordered myself a pair of diamondique ear rings from qvc. They came today and oh my....they sparkle even more than my real ones! Of course they are bigger than my real ones, but still....they are absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE them! Dh was skeptical when I told him I ordered them...he's not a fan of fake jewelry, but now he's hooked, especially after I told him how little they cost!

Have a great on plan day!
Old 02-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #59  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

Hi guys!

I'm having an okay Saturday. On plan food wise, and I did a little over a mile in WATP brisk, then I went into the Biggest Loser strength and sculpt, but only did about 5 minutes of that before giving up! I'll do it later on, I think. It's so much easier to stay on plan foodwise when you're working out regularly. It's day 20 for me and I feel pretty good.

Purple, I'm sorry about your challenge. =( You're totally right, though, you need something that you can eat immediately. Don't be so angry with yourself. You found a spot where you were vulnerable, and figured out a way to deal with it. That's really good.

Beverlyjoy, glad you guys got there safe and sound! Hope you are having a blast with your family!

Rhonda, sounds like you're having a wonderful weekend! Desperate Housewives is a great show, and I hope you like your new haircut!

mj5, yay for all your stickers!! Yea, we're going to go do something outside because it's gorgeous out. My mood is so dramatically improved by nice weather. Sounds like you're going to have a good day! How do you get motivated to clean? I freakin' hate cleaning. That's awesome about your new earrings! =D
Old 02-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #60  
mj5

Ahhh, finally finding some time to relax!

bigtxmomma--I agree--so much easier to stay on play w/ food when working out too. I don't want to blow a good workout by eating junk! I also hate to clean. I find that if I start at it first thing in the am (I am usually up before dh, so no distractions), I am done before I know it. On the weekends, I try to get the cleaning out of the way on Saturday, that way I have Sunday to just relax or do whatever I want--that's kind of my reward for getting it done! This was just the 'normal' picking up and surface cleaning...what my house needs is a good intense cleaning, but I haven't been in the mood for that yet! In two weeks we are both on vacation and we are going to clean out our attic and the 2nd floor...I'm looking forward to it, but kinda scared....never know what we are going to find!!!! We have lived in this house over 10 years and never really cleaned out the attic....Luckily we can take stuff to my grandmother's that we can sell in her garage sale. Other stuff we will take to donate, the rest...trash! Well, besides what we are keeping, of course!

Sara--How is that knee holding up?

I have done well w/ food, water (drank more than planned), and exercise today. I ate lunch really late so I am not hungry for dinner. I'll probably wait until later and have a cut of tea and a small snack--looks like another sticker!

I am going to go snuggle w/ the dogs...dh is working tonight, so it's just us and the tv.