3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What a shock (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/134588-what-shock.html)

Janis427 02-16-2008 12:11 PM

What a shock

I just took some pictures of myself in hopes of someday sharing before and after pics. WOW, I had no idea that I looked that bad. I look like a fullback on a football team!! I have always avoided pictures taken of me and now I know why. These pictures make me what to find a hole and hibernate untill I lose some of it. But what an incentive to lose weight.

Jasmine31 02-16-2008 12:12 PM

Yes take those pictures and face them and tell yourself you can do it!

fiberlover 02-16-2008 12:36 PM

Pictures can be hard, but use them as a tool to stay on track. Make copies and put them on the fridge or cupboard so that you see them when you go to grab something you shouldn't!

Tonia 02-16-2008 12:41 PM

I totally know how you feel - who is that person with my kids? Take pic's often, though, and compare them...they can be very motivating!

Good luck Janis!

beautifulone 02-16-2008 12:49 PM

It's hard to see yourself as you are if you thought you were smaller - been there myself. but it is definitely incentive to stick to it and lose weight! ;)

TheBabies 02-16-2008 01:06 PM

I have the same issue. Then I was in a friends wedding and had to be in pictures. OMG!!!!!!!! They showed me in all my fat glory wearing a sleeveless shirt of all things (what was I thinking??? :o ). I now have one of those pictures on my fridge. I know she picked me because of our friendship, but I always want to apologize to her for ruining the pictures...

susiemartin 02-16-2008 01:37 PM

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I avoid pictures like the plague...video is even worse!:(

I never "feel" as big as I really am

math puppy 02-16-2008 01:41 PM

wow, putting the pics on the fridge is a fantastic idea though! im going to try that!

SwimGirl 02-16-2008 09:31 PM

I am totally NOT strong enough to put pictures like that on my fridge - I'd just think of how bad I look, get depressed and eat MORE! More power to all you ladies that can!

You will never regret taking those pictures though - when you lose the weight it'll be so rewarding to compare!

-Aimee

Heather 02-16-2008 09:44 PM

I HATE my before pictures. I took pics along the way, and I remember thinking the first time, "Okay, I've lost 20 pounds, I must look great now..." and I DID see changes but still looked fat!

But I'm sooooo glad I have all the pictures of my weight loss journey! So, I think it's a normal reaction!

bigtxmomma 02-16-2008 10:47 PM

I have a fat photo of myself on my desktop background. I shoot a parting glance at it, become horrified, and it keeps me on track just a little bit. =D

kimmieone 02-17-2008 07:06 AM

Yeah, pictures of my gut hanging all over the place is motivation so it can work for you. However, I bet you don't look as bad as you think you do. Anyway, good luck with your weight loss I'm sure you can do it! :)

denialisnthappiness 02-17-2008 08:56 AM

I took before pictures and generally take pictures once a month. At the start I would take the pictures and just file them away - wouldn't/couldn't look at them. Now I look at them and feel pleased with how far I've come. Still look at my current 'current' pics though and see massive amounts of room for improvement lol.

Pictures are a great way to track progress... even if we can't see it others generally can which helps if the scale doesn't move sometimes etc :)

GirlyGirlSebas 02-17-2008 10:45 AM

When I first started this journey, I took those typical weight-loss ad shots....front, side and back in a sports bra and leggings. Yikes! I took the same pictures again in October. Yes, I was and still am quite large, however, the difference between the current and initial pictures was very exciting and reinforced my efforts to make it to goal.

I encourage everyone to take pictures on your journey. You'll love seeing the differences in you body!

Tonia 02-17-2008 10:52 AM

You know my boss is about a size 0 and she recently got wind that I was losing weight. While we were at P.E. (I'm a teacher) she sent another student out with a picture of herself about 10 years ago and she had lost a significant amout of weight (and obviously kept it off). I later talked to her and told her that I appreciated her showing me that pic and in our conversation I mentioned that I never take pic's because I never want to remember me at this weight. Her words were very wise when she said that she never wanted to forget....

Kind of gave me a whole new outlook.