Old 02-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #1  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Default Back again

I'm really not sure what to write, I just know that I need to be here, reading and participating with everyone...

On some level I feel like a dog with its tail between its legs - disappointed, sad and embarrassed. My weight has climbed up a lot, from 212 at one time to 238, and that was one of the things I never wanted to happen but now it's happened and I need to deal with it.

Lately, I spend every day completely overloading on calories and if I continue, ... I can't afford to continue! I don't know how to do this - even though I did it before. I really feel like I am starting over again and feeling confused as to what I should eat, etc. - the weight just came off last-time.. seemingly easily.

Here I go again. I need to make it for real this time.

Last edited by beautifulone; 02-11-2008 at 01:38 PM.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

BeautifulOne...Welcome back.

You're right, it is time to deal with it...but don't think of this as starting ALL OVER. Sure, you're starting at about the same place, maybe...but think of all you learned last time! You learned what you need to do to lose (eating, exercise, whatever). You learned how to handle slipups and missteps, at least some of the time. You learned what it feels like to climb back up, and maybe even a little about what causes that climb.

So you aren't starting over...you're starting again, with some tremendous knowledge about how to move forward...so now it is time to just start moving again!

Stay here, stick close and keep posting and reading and asking questions and asking for help. You can do this!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:54 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi beautifulone. Glad to hear from you again. I'm really glad you're back and really glad you're ready to get back into weight loss mode again.

The weight came off last time, it'll come off this time.

You say you don't know what to eat. Just wondering, what did you eat last time? That might be a place to "start" for you.

Whatever you plan on, we're here to help you in whatever way you need. You are not alone in this.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #4  
Shrink Spot Shrink!

S/C/G: 324/324/215

Height: 5' 11"

See Spot Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Hey your going to do it!! It's great you've come back there is alot of support here. I've always beliefed in the baby step motto... find one thing and take it from there and slowly add more.
Welcome back
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

welcome back. I too was afraid to come back for some reason. This place of all places would be the least judgmental of our trials and tribulations and has always welcomed me back with open arms. It's just one of those mental things I deal with.

I pretty much just made up a plan this time and I'm not comparing myself to all those failed attempts. I am using that information I've learned along the way to propel me forward.

Like the PPs said, do something you know worked in the past to get you started. then you may find something that will work for you longterm while you are doing this. That first step is sometimes the hardest one to do.

barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I've returned several times too. There was a funny thread a week or so ago about how one person returned and changed her user name because she was embarressed by her repeated returns. Welcome back.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:47 AM   #8  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Thank you of course you are all right.

Dawnyal,
Quote:
This place of all places would be the least judgmental of our trials and tribulations and has always welcomed me back with open arms. It's just one of those mental things I deal with.
- So true.

Robin, what did I eat before? That's a good question! I ate regular food I guess, minus the junk. I ate lots of fruits and a fair amount of vegetables, bread, pasta, tofu, soy milk, nuts/nut butter, pasta sauce... I don't remember specifically but it must have been a good combination because it worked! I wonder if it was more so the exercise, so it is important that I get in gear with that too.

Thank you for your support and encouragement everyone, it is so helpful.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote