Old 02-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #16  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Mezster - I am warming up my back muscles for tomorrow. 10 inches of snow or more predicted overnight!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

I finally found my iPod, and I was literally shakin my booty all around the pasture doing chores tonight!!! ( you should have seen the looks I was getting from my horses!!!) My 3 yr old colt thought I was trying to play with him!!! I can't wait to start walking!! ( I have been fighting my way through plantar fasciitis, and then a pinched nerve in my back). But, now, the weather is warmer, and my back is fixed, my foot feels fine so I will be shakin more'n my booty down that trail, soon!!!
luckyducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:18 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Fiberlover – Yuck! On a good note I looked up how many calories are burned shoveling and it’s 350 for someone my size and height. (5’4 and ticker and if I took ½ hr.)

Luckyducky – Glad your found your iPod and congrats on shaking that booty! I bet the colt is just as cute as can be! I’m sure his playfulness make your shaking your more fun! LOL How many horses do you own? When I was 3 years old we had 2 then we moved and couldn’t take them with, still recall riding on them. When my son was in scouts I begged him to take horseback riding. He wasn’t all that interested. It turned out we totally fell in love with the horses. It was so much fun!! There use to be a place when I was teen that would rent out horses hourly. I spend a lot of babysitting money on it.

Today is my long babysitting day so I plan on doing WATPs after I'm finished here.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 232/199/120ish

Hi everyone, no exercise for me yesterday. Planned though. I'm getting read to go down and walk on the treadmill now. I'm going to try and do 2 miles.

Mez, pardon my ignorance but what is WATP?

Luckyducky, great job on the workout.

Fiberlover, have fun shoveling! We're supposed to get 4-6 today, but I don't shovel. Kills my back. I just found out my sacrym(sp) is fused to one of my vertebrate. I'm trying not to make things worse.

Off to the treadmill,
Missy
missymckibben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:10 PM   #20  

Two miles!!! Granted it took me 41.36 minutes, but I did it. Then I did weights and some yoga. An hour in all.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #21  
The Radiant One

Today was Hard Core Fusion again. Wow. That was the last tough workout for the week. Tomorrow is just normal cardio.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #22  

WATP is Walk away The Pounds-they are exercise dvds by leslie sansone.

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #23  

Misymckibben – Suzie76 is right. When 1st started my weight lost journey I did the Walk Away The Pounds DVDs. At the time I had the 1, 3 and 4 mile. (I lost 40lbs but found once again)What I really enjoyed about them is that you can the miles are marked so you can quit at anytime. I like using the 3 miles since I can get a quick 1 mile in. (less than ½ hr.) Plus I have bad knees and the moves they do aren’t hard at all. When I did find something I found to hard on them I was able to tweak it and still get a great workout! I’ve since added to my collection. Kudos on walking 2 miles, plus the weights and yoga!! Looks like you had a great day working out!! Yeah You!!

Fiberlover – Hard Core Fusion !!! Holy Smokes Girl you are on fire!!!

Well once again did only 1 mile on the 3 mile Walk Away The Pounds DVD. I so wanted to do more but I’m holding back since it was my long day with the kids. I have to remember I want to increase my endurance and I’ll be no good if I hurt myself or I get so tired I’m grumpy with the kiddos. Next week I’ll add another mile. I feel really good after my workout. I think there is a tiny little bud of actually liking it! HA SURPRISE SURPRISE!
Everyone is doing great!!! Many Many Cheers!!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #24  

Fiberlover: Great job on the workout! Are these from the Firm Series?

Mez: I actually have one of those videos, but I haven't done it in awhile. Maybe I'll add it into the mix.

Missy
Old 02-13-2008, 07:26 PM   #25  
agility-nut

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

I do some dancing. I work in a really cold little store, actully, its a shed and yesterday when it was only 5 deg, I started dancing to keep warm.
Janis427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #26  
The Radiant One

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymckibben View Post
Fiberlover: Great job on the workout! Are these from the Firm Series?

Missy
Missy - these are the newest Firm workouts - the Transfirmation. With weights. I love them! Tough, but good.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #27  
Recovering Pizza Addict

S/C/G: 273/235/150

Height: 5'4"

Good for you, mezmerize for knowing your limits and keeping them in mind!

Janis427 - That's a tough way to get in shape, but hey, the more moving we do the better!

I FINALLY got enough energy to Turbo Jam today for 30 minutes, as well as Yoga for the Rest of Us with my mother this morning (very gentle yoga for 40 minutes).

Of course, now I'm ready for bed at 8pm, but it was worth it. *G*
hafowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:47 AM   #28  

Missy – Which one do you have? Do you like it?

Janis – The ONLY benefit from winter IMO is it makes the body burn more calories to keep warm. Geez it’s sure is cold where you work… I’m terrible with the cold.

Hafowler – Congrats on your victory on Turbo Jam and Yoga!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine’s Day! I had thought I wrote in here yesterday but I guess not. It snowed a lot yesterday. So I went in shoveled in the morning I don’t know how long I was out there…. I want to say almost 1 hr. Later in the day I heard school was going to be letting out 2 hrs early so I thought I shovel again. OMG there was just as much snow as when I shoveled in the morning! So I did the whole thing once again. My son came home then my husband ( Work sent him home) So I didn’t get my WATPs in. Totally my faulty not because of them. I figured the snow shoveling was enough. You know I feel really guilty over it. Which usually makes me work out harder then next time. My husband bought me Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party for the Wii. It has a workout mode. When my son leaves for school I’m going to give it a try.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:17 AM   #29  

Mez, let me know how the DDR for the WII is. DH sent me a link to, but I didn't buy it. Shoveling is a great workout!

Hafowler, gret job on the workouts!

I tried to workout yesterday and my knee was killing me. So, I only got 10 minutes in. Today, it's still sore but I did my 30 minute walk. I think it's sore from the 2 miles on Wed. I'm trying to find some exercises to strengthen my knees, can't do lunges anymore.

Hope you ladies stay warm today.
Missy
Old 02-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #30  

Well I'm back. I spend 1 hr with DDR game. I found it fun. It did take me a bit to figure out the game. I've only played the Wii a few times. In the workout mode you can set up how many minutes or calorie you want to burn. (I went for minutes) You can log your weight there is a password for that. Which I like I don't need my son's friends knowing what I weight. I also really like that you can take jumpping out of the workout. HUGE PLUS for me since I have bad knees. As far as being able to do the moves they have a training which is nice and I greatly improved. I feel it's like when you take home a new workout video and you think I'm never going to beable to do this and you do in time. It's like that. The training is fairly easy. I have trouble with my back step timing. I'd give it a score of 10.