Old 02-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #1  
All things are possible!!

Default This was a good feeling!

Well, it was another student's birthday in my classroom. He brought Little Debbie snacks for his classmates and teachers. I had not had ANY kind of sugarry sweets since the 11st of January. That was the last time we had a birthday in my classroom, and on that day I ate half of a chocolate chip cookie! Well, I know that Little Debbie snacks aren't the healthiest snack food (by far!), but I allowed myself to have one. It was only 150 calories and it worked into my plan today.

I just slowly nibbled at it, enjoying every morsel. It was really good, by the way.

AND. . the very best part. . . I didn't feel a bit of guilt after eating it. I know I didn't ruin my plan by eating a sweet.

I didn't beat myself up for eating it, and I didn't pig out right afterwards. Nothing. I just ate a sugarry snack. No harm done!

I don't want this to be an every-day thing at all. I just want to be able to have a sugarry snack every once in a while, and not be upset at myself for eating it.

Man, I love this no-guilt thing!!!! I wish I would have experienced this a LONG time ago!
Havingfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

What a great accomplishment!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Good for you! I have a sweet tooth and have found that if I don't allow myself any sweets the craving is HUGE! So, I too, simply work it into my plan.

Great job today!
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #4  
Recovering Pizza Addict

S/C/G: 273/235/150

Height: 5'4"

That is so awesome! Control is the toughest thing to learn for me, I know!
hafowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Awesome ^^ Keep it up!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:22 PM   #6  
low carbin' it

S/C/G: ~256/153.5/154

Height: 5'6

Yay, I am glad you can do that. Teaching can be so... dangerous. I think I am lucky. In my classroom, I told all the kids about being diabetic. It's one of the first things I tell them now. I tell them I can't eat sugar. I explain that carbs are sugar and that teacher can't eat too much at once and never any junk. They ask me questions, they learn and they can really be inspired. They've seen me lose nearly 100 pounds. Even kids who didn't know me before, I show them pictures and I bring in my big pants. They go home and tell mom and dad, I don't want that junk! They aren't perfect but they do learn so much!

The point is, parties/birthdays/holidays, they are all soooo tricky when you teach. The good thing about telling the kids is that for Christmas/Valentine's/etc. they do not bring me candy gifts! I've gotten better gifts because they know I won't eat the candy, hee. If they do happen to give me stuff, i share it with them. I think having the parties is really hard and I will bring myself a healthy treat if I am feeling weak. Also, a few times we've had pizza parties and I grab one slice and eat the cheese, since my diet is low carb, that kills the craving and I can go on!

It's all about portion control and i am glad you were able to resist eating more than one!

Last edited by bluex; 02-01-2008 at 10:23 PM.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #7  

Great job, and as I'm finally learning, the 5th one never tastes any better than the first anyway (usually worse, because the guilt is sinking in ) So, if you want it, have it, just fit it in. Awesome!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:05 AM   #8  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havingfaith View Post
Well, it was another student's birthday in my classroom. He brought Little Debbie snacks for his classmates and teachers. I had not had ANY kind of sugarry sweets since the 11st of January. That was the last time we had a birthday in my classroom, and on that day I ate half of a chocolate chip cookie! Well, I know that Little Debbie snacks aren't the healthiest snack food (by far!), but I allowed myself to have one. It was only 150 calories and it worked into my plan today.

I just slowly nibbled at it, enjoying every morsel. It was really good, by the way.

AND. . the very best part. . . I didn't feel a bit of guilt after eating it. I know I didn't ruin my plan by eating a sweet.

I didn't beat myself up for eating it, and I didn't pig out right afterwards. Nothing. I just ate a sugarry snack. No harm done!

I don't want this to be an every-day thing at all. I just want to be able to have a sugarry snack every once in a while, and not be upset at myself for eating it.

Man, I love this no-guilt thing!!!! I wish I would have experienced this a LONG time ago!
I wish more people would realize this. You shouldn't deny yourself a treat, just budget it in to your daily counts. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. What we are doing now, we should be comfortable doing 30 (or 20, or 10) years from now.

Too many people want to beat themselves up, as if they were punishing themselves.

And, suppose you didn't budget this 150 calorie treat into your plan, would 150 calories really make that much of a difference on the scale?

Congrats on sticking to your plan. Congrats at savoring every bit of that delicious morsel!
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote