Old 02-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #1  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Had an idea today...

I was thinking that as a reward for each pound I lose I should put aside money. Then once I hit my goal I will have money saved up to spend on all new clothes. I think it will help in two ways, one is that it will be something else that measures my success (as the weight goes down the money goes up). And secondly, I won't have to wait until I have money to get clothes, I will already have it saved. Think I'm going to start now, $5 for every pound. And no touching the money until I hit goal...no matter how long it takes!
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

That's a GREAT idea!!! And boy oh boy are you going to have fun buying those new clothes.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #3  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

That is an absolutely FABULOUS idea. And useful too

Good luck. I think I might steal that idea....

Last edited by THE Heather; 02-01-2008 at 02:58 PM.
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #4  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I love that idea...I may have to steal it myself.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #5  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I think it's a great idea too, because those clothes are going to cost a bunch!!!

Not last September, but the one before, my MIL made me a proposition.

She offered to give me $100.00 a POUND!!!! I guess I wasn't ready at the time...because I didn't make it past a few pounds. But I was talking to her on the phone the other day and told her I've lost 10 pounds so far
I'm hoping that proposition will magically reappear, but I'm certainly not going to ask!!!
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I started out doing that. I did $10 a pound until I got to 199 lbs. and I've been doing $20 a pound ever since. At some point I changed it from a clothes fund to a buy a road bike fund. I've always wanted to ride and thought it would be a great reward to help keep me in shape.

It's been really motivating to watch it pile up. I keep it in an old metal Christmas cookie container; I like the irony of it.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #7  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

That's a great idea. My fiance buys scratch off lottery tickets and mysteriously one will appear on the table for me to scratch after I am done working out. He's not into them, but he gets them for me and it's fun. A little reward after the work out. The money from those goes into the clothes fund as well. I like the paying yourself per pound idea though. I think I will add that.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:43 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Fantastic idea! Keep it up!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #9  
Losing the weight in 2008

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I was thinking along the same lines! I actually have a list in my bed side journal of all the rewards I am going to buy myself at each "mini goal" weight. The first 20lbs I am going to go get cool new highlights in my hair, the next 10 I am getting a manicure, I think I have a facial at 50lbs (you can see what floats my boat - the spa!). For my 100lb victory I am planning on getting 2 tattoo's. One that says Believe and the other that says Larsen (my son). I have no idea which body part these are going on. We'll just have to see which one looks the best by that time!
Healthy Mama is offline   Reply With Quote