Old 01-31-2008, 11:26 AM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default Sarah's Spirit Lives On!!! Share your favorite memory of Sarah here

Hi everyone:

All of us that have known and loved Sarah when she was with us in her old body know that she would not want us to wallow in grief....so I thought I would start a thread to celebrate her time with us.

Sarah's spirit lives on through us here at 3FC...whenever we feel like we're struggling with staying on plan, we remember how Sarah perservered and was able to drop pounds despite being on steroids...whenever we don't feel like exercising, we remember how Sarah made the commitment to move her body daily to help extend her life and make it better....when we see another 3FC'er struggling, we give her encouragement and love, just like Sarah gave us.....yes indeed, there is a LOT of evidence that Sarah lives on!!

Please share your favorite or special Sarah memories with us...
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:29 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I don't think I have a specific memory of Sarah but I always viewed her as an optimistic strong woman. She brought lots of support with her when she came here and was always supporting others in their weight loss journey.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:48 AM   #3  

I don't think I know Sarah? Someone please clue me in?
heathuhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:51 AM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Me neither. Share the story with us.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:53 AM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Sarah was a longtime member of 3FC. She had Hodgkins, and recently transistioned into spirit last night.

Here is a recent thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132778
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:12 PM   #6  
No description available.

What is remarkable about Sarah is that she was so authentic. It was like, "This is who I am." There was no hiding---she was upfront with everything. So honest and direct with who she was.

I remember when she first got her diagnosis of cancer. She was determined to kick it's butt, and she did, as much as she could for as long as she could. And even fighting cancer, she still worked on healthy eating as much as she could.

I think a lot of us deal with shame and angst regarding weight. She always just kind of took it as it was and made change happen.....no moaning or pouting or complaining.

She never imposed limits on herself....not with life, love or weightloss.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:30 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I probably wouldn't be on this board if not for Sarah. She didn't TRY to have the effect, she just DID, by the nature of always, always being herself.

When I first came here, I spent a lot of time worrying about whether people would have problems with the fact that I'm a happily partnered lesbian. I was very early in the whole "being open with everyone" thing. I signed on here and was looking around, and there was gorgeous, beaming Sarah, posting about her partner because that's just WHO SHE WAS and she had no qualms about it.

Her confidence and strength in herself is what gave ME the strength to post and not worry about it.

She also greeted me when I joined, and I remember feeling so WELCOMED by her that i wanted to stick around...so I did. She is one of the main reasons I try to post a message saying hello to almost everyone who posts an intro thread here...I remember how wonderful it was to feel openly and honestly welcomed into the community.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

I always looked forward to her and gretchen's post. Sarah was always so upbeat and positive and she never failed to motivate me to try harder and do more.

There are lots of other stories but just that is what really sticks out to me.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:21 PM   #9  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I wish I had gotten to know her....she sounds like a truly lovely woman. My thought and prayers are with her loved ones.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I sat looking over my emails from Sarah trying to pick out one thing and I couldn't there are so many ways she took me under wing and showed me to keep going never give up by example not just barking out orders. She cared about each and every person here. I never seen an unkind post or one where she gave up on someone. Gosh there was so much so many things. How does one describe someone as Sarah... no words seem enough. Good-bye my sweet 9 sister.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote