NEW strategy that works for me...

• Wow.

Usually I have pretty good willpower. And so far I've been doing great. Well tonight my DH made biscuits. Fresh they came out of the oven. Now I admit, I'm a person who doesn't really have the best sense of smell. But those biscuits looked good. And i did something while I was chatting with hubby in the kitchen.

In my hoodie was some chapstick which I randomly found while hanging in the kitchen wondering whether I was going to cave in or not. I feel my lips are chapped, so I put some on.

Well, low and behold, the smell of the chapstick was so strong, the thought of mixing biscuits with the chapstick was just gross. YUCK. It was BURT'S BEES Beeswax lipbalm. The peppermint oil in it just totally turned me off food.

I know people brush teeth or do other things that work for them. But I am keeping this chapstick in my pocket from now on!

Cheers,
    Ginger
  • I've specifically heard that the smell of peppermint is an appetite suppressant...
  • That is such a good tip, and btw - congratulations on resisting the biscuits, even with some minty help its a great accomplishment
  • cool! thanx for sharing such a great idea!
  • Great idea...so glad this helped!!
  • That is a neat idea (And I love Burt's Bees things ^^) I'm so glad it worked out for you that way!!! Anything to keep us away from food when we aren't really hungry ^^
  • Very interesting!!!
  • Wow!! I give you tons of credit. Fresh, homemade baked goods are something I really, REALLY struggle with and quite frankly give into. Which is why I avoid baking like the plague.

I'm thrilled and incredibly proud of you for resisting those biscuits. I know for me, I'd need more then some peppermint Burts Bees to kill my desire for them. CONGRATS on a MAJOR NSV!!!! And of course that non SCALE victory will indeed turn into a SCALE victory. Keep it up. Oh, and that stuff is going on my "to buy" list today. But I'm still not baking anytime soon.
  • Fresh baked biscuits?! Oh my! Great job on resisting. I'll have to try the lip balm.
  • WTG on resisting. Great tip on the chapstick.
  • Grapefruit is also supposed to suppress hunger. I think I'll have to make some grapefruit lip balm