Old 01-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #31  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Sorry everyone, no time for chit-chat this morning but I did read all your posts!! wish I could respond

Wednesday is my crazy daycare day at home with 7 kids under the age of 4. BUSY. And I am still planning to get on that treadmill in the playroom in about 15 minutes.

My plan:

Today I want to eat lighter than yesterday...I think I was able to convince my body it wasn't starving...I added olive oil in my salad (extra) and had popcorn last night (plain) while watching TBL but still it's extra calories. I can't watch TV and workout. I NEED music.

b: 1 pc. ww toast with PB. , tea, water
s: apple
L: salad with lots of veggies and just apple cider vinegar for dressing, no oil
S: low-cal, low fat spinach dip with carrots or cucumbers (no crackers!)
D: struggling with this one, DH and kids are eating leftover meatloaf....ummm, I doubt that is low-cal. Maybe I'll make an egg omelet/lots of veggies.
NO snacks tonight, just tea, water.

K, everyone! I'll catch up soon!
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #32  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi! I really thought today was going to be less hectic....HA!!!! The good news is, I made myself eat breakfast and stop for lunch....telling my co-workers was helpful w/ that! I have also re-organized my to-do list for tomorrow, so there is a good chance I will get a bit more accomplished, we'll see....I also FINALLY called and made myself a dentist appt (way over due for a cleaning) and an appt w/ my ortho to get my knee checked out. Phew, guess I accomplished more than I thought!

I am off to the gym, then home to make a grocery list. We are going to some friends to watch part of the superbowl and I am going to see how I can make some of our favorite snacks a little healthier.

TOM is here and it totally snuck up on me...now I can't wait for it to go away to see how much weight I have lost, I typically gain as much as 5lbs w/ TOM and if that's true this month too, I may have lost more than I realize!

Have a great day/night!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:41 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Schmoodle--If I don't weigh in the morning I will gain all my weight back. It's my biggest motivation, and right now the number on there isn't the issue. The number bouncing around is a reflection of ME. I have not had good energy the past week and a half. Just feeling very lazy, depressed, not wanting to do anything. I haven't been as thorough with counting my calories and have not worked out half as much as usual, so the problem is me not the scale. I think these moods are normal though and i will pull through. It's the emotions ,not the scale, unfortunately. The scale would be so much easier to deal with. Seasonal for me as well, but I am starting to pull out of it. The old "fake it till ya make it" saying really works. I have jsut been forcing myself to keep going and I feel the energy starting to come back in my workouts, and the eating always follows my working out.

I weigh in the morning, wish me luck

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 01-30-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:39 AM   #34  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
good morning my little 100-lb. darlings!
for some reason that made me laugh, i think it was because i pictured the avatar saying it. dang that is one cute tiger! lol

beverlyjoy-congrats on being bing free last night! isnt it amazing when you relize you can do it! even if its just one night at a time!? its my biggest problem to overcome. thanx for the inspiration for tonight

girlygirlsebas-im glad you are head ach free

cckayac-i love hardboiled eggs, i have 2 almost every morning. i am on scale strike till tom is over! hee hee. are you cutting coffee compleatly out eventually??

shmoodle-i love your tiger avatar. and you had a chocolate cheescake smoothie for breakfast!! wow, that sounds tasty!

kissingginger-sounds like you are out numbered good luck!

mj5- good luck with the dentist, i have to find a good one myself. let me know how the healthier version of super bowl snacks go!

purplefly-you can have some of my motivation if you need it tonight, after reading everyones posts i feel like i have some extra!

im doing okay, didnt stay on plan yesterday, but didnt blow it either...i guess you can say i broke even wich is a victory in its self.

i did however do sit ups last night, and i owe it all to you guys for the motivation. ill do them again tonight. someone asked if i do sit ups or crunches... i guess they are crunches, its a little workout bit i learned in 24hr fitness 15min abs work out, i dont usually do the full 15 mins at home because i dont remember the whole work out, but i do the cruches segment because not only does it hurt like heck, but it it makes me feel like i actually got a good workout.

i had a buch of junk food today but managed to stay under my calorie limit. my partner brought home a pizza for dinner and i only had 2 slices over a 5 hour period. half the pizza is safe in the fridge. for now anyways.

friday i leave on a road trip. anyone have any advice for staying on plan or how much i should eat if im sitting in a car for the next 2 days? or exercise tips for a hotel room?

thanx see you all tomorrow!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:47 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends....yesterday went well. I stayed on my plan and for some reason it wasn't a huge struggle. (once in a while that happens) I am grateful. I had my ultra sound - gall bladder, pancreas, liver, kidney. If they come back normal, then we'll know that my back pain is really my back. I hope I get the results by Friday. Storytelling went well. Tonight is my class - "Understanding Your Relationship with Food". Yikes - I still have some writing to do for it.

My plans for today:

journal food and food values
ice and heat on my pieces and parts
lots of water
meditation
stretches and movement
class
storytelling am & afternoon

food -

Breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, natural peanut butter on ww toast, 1/2 banana
Lunch - (packing) I'll eat at the school - Peanut butter and honey on ww bread applesauce, veggies
snack - yogurt with flax, crackers
dinner - white bean and chicken chili - cauliflower
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

Rhonda - varying your daily calorie totals sounds good. I do that and it's helpful. I also like calorie counting. You can do this!! I remember TOM. I am 55 now - I've moved from TOM to my own "personal summer". The weight gains play with your head during TOM - hang in there.

MJ - congrats on losing a pound - YAY. Sorry your knee is still bothering you.

Rakel - transitions can be stressful. Hang in there - you'll get use to everything and it will get easier.

Linda - OH NO - sorry about your fall! Glad you didn't get hurt too badly (pride heals faster than bruises). Glad your oreintation went well.

Purple - I am so, so glad you've broken thru to the 230's. That's major - good for you. I know it's hard - try to accept the compliments in the spirit given. Maybe just say thank you. Also...I understand the seasonal feeling down. It's the winter and not enough sunshine. It's hard for me too. My doctor suggested a special lamp to help get the right light to lift the spirits.

Hi Math Puppy - welcome. Good for you..doing your sit ups is awesome. You have a good plan. As for traveling. When I went on vacation last fall - I took fruit, 100 calories packs of crackers, and lots of bottled water. Whenever we stopped - I'd alternate coffee with sweetener or a large sf pop or water. I just kept drinking. Some how switching off of drinks helped me. Maybe there's a gym at the hotel. Have a GREAT time.

Schmoodle - great plan! I agree - a normal day is GREAT. I notice you always have your latte. What a nice thing to look forward too.

Ginger - 7 kids under 4 - YIKES. You are busy! Good plan. I like to have music too for a workout.

I hope you all have a great and healthful day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-31-2008 at 07:32 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:10 AM   #36  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! I was up early, so I firgured I would check in w/ everyone before I leave for work. I didn't make it to the gym again yesterday--combo of getting out of work late and my knee really hurting. Good thing I finally made that appt!

It is bitter, bitter cold her this am--my dogs didn't even want to stay outside, which was fine with me! Yet another snow storm is headed our way, hopefully the worst of it will miss us.

My plan is to go to the gym for at least some cardio tonight--if nothing else I want to try to keep my routine of getting to the gym after work. It is SO hard to get back into it once I miss a few days. TOM is trying to suck the energy out of me, but I will NOT let it!

kissingginger--7 kids under the age of 4! Oh my, I am tired already! I agree, I must have music too, it keeps me moving!

Purplefirefly--I'm w/ you...I like to weigh every day, but I choose one day as my 'official' weigh in day. It keeps me motivated too--although I do have to remind myself that even when the scale doesn't move, it's not always from lack of effort! How are you doing? Have you tried planning some fun summer-time type activities w/ your kids (but inside, of course) to help w/ the winter blahs...like a picnic lunch in the livingroom--and turn on extra lights so it seems like it is brighter, or things like that? Or would that just be weird? I know when I suggest stuff like that to my husbands family (like Christmas in July so the weather isn't an issue for us since we live so far away they look at me like I have two heads). If that sounded like a totally bizarre suggestion, just talk it up to too much work and not enough sleep for me

math puppy--breaking even is a victory! good for you for doing sit ups! I agree w/ Beverlyjoy's suggestions about travel--take snacks--don't rely on 'road food' as my hubby calls it.

Beverlyjoy--Congrats for staying on plan and for it not being a huge struggle! Days like that are the best! I hope you get your results soon! Thanks, I was really hoping that the series of injections would be the 'magic cure' ok...I knew there wasn't a magic cure, but at least help. Unfortunately now it almost seems worse! Good news is, I LOVE my ortho...no, not like that, but I think he is great, so we'll see what he says.

Rhonda--How are you doing? How's the headache?

Linda--How are you feeling after your fall?

cckayac--Your trip will be here before you know it! I'll just have to pretend I am somewhere tropical this weekend while I am in my 'tropical' bubble bath!

Ok, I really need to finish getting ready for work. Hope everyone has a great, on plan day! We can ALL do this!!!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:56 AM   #37  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning!

I have to keep it short and sweet today. I've got a presentation to complete and I'm already running late....yikes, I'm feeling anxious and must be careful to stay out of the kitchen today. It doesn't help that I'm working on about 4 hours of sleep. My MIL woke us at 3:00 this morning. She hurt her head and was bleeding. She is okay, but I'm exhausted.

Today is day 4 of counting calories. So far, its working well for me as the scales are smiling. I won't reveal their "secrets" yet. My official weigh-in is on Monday. I didn't get on the treadmill again yesterday. I had a very upset stomach. Too much coffee maybe?

I have read everyone's posts, but just don't have time to get up-close-and personal right now. I'll check in again later today.Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:04 PM   #38  

Hey, everyone! i am down another 3 lb this week...taking me 1 lb below where I quit last time I decided that warranted another item from my reward package and bought myself a jogging suit and shirt to go underneath. It came from the regular women's department, not plus sized! I still had a problem spending the $$ on myself but it looks WAY better than the old sweatpants and hubby's t-shirts I ususally bum around in.

BUT, I had to choose between an XL (16/18) pants that are a bit big, or size L that fit but were tighter across the butt than I am comfortable with. I got the XL even though they are big around waist, and a friend said I should have gone with the L because in a couple weeks they would be looser. SHe is probably right, and this is why I can't shop for clothes alone! I think too big is comfortable, and I need someone in touch with reality to help me see what size actually fits

I had to take the tags off so I wouldn't return the outfit...what is wrong with me? It was only $32 for the jacket, pants, and shirt, that isn't much but in my head I feel it's too much to spend on ME...but then I went to the kids department and was going to spend almost $50 on a Hannah Montana outfit for my daughter's birthday but they didn't have her size. What is it that I think she is worth it, but I am not? I really have to get over this low low sense of self worth. I was never this way before I had my kids.

Rhonda--I am very glad to hear the scales are smiling at you! Keep out of the kitchen, girl Food will not complete the presentation...and too much eating takes time away from getting it done.

mj--My official WI day was Monday, but now I am going back to my old system where I weigh the last day of the month (today) and then that becomes the new offical WI day for the next month. So for Feb. my day will be Thursday. I find that I get bored a lot and have to change things up. I think your picnic idea is a good one...my kids would get a kick out of that, so we might do it this weekend since hubby won't be home.

Beverly--Let us know the ultrasound results. I've been thinking about you and I hope you sort out what is wrong soon. Once you know what it is maybe it will be easy and fast recovery

Math--Thanks for the motivation It must have worked because I am feeling all revved up ready to go today. Seeing a nice loss and realizing I am PAST the point I left off last time just got me going again.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:44 PM   #39  

So how did you do with the presentation today, Rhonda? Get it done without nervously munching the scale into a frown? I hope so
Old 02-01-2008, 05:15 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks! I did well with my food yesterday. I packed my lunch to take to the school and then promptly forgot it! But, there was a McDonalds near - so, I got a hamburger (230 calories and some fruit) - so it worked out well.

My class, Understanding Your Relationship with Food, went well last night. Some very interesting discussions. Dr. G did a wonderful guided imagery exercise. Since many of you have shown interest - Our homework questions are:

What did I like about my body when I was very young? In elementary school...in high school?

When did I stop liking my body?

What do I say to myself now when I see myself in the mirror? When I shop for clothes...When I get dressed?

This has been a good class.

Today I have to travel to a city about 45 miles away to do a makeup program for one cancelled when the school closed for bad weather. I hope I hear about my ultra sound results today.

Today:

meditation
lots of water
journal food
stretches and movement
storytelling
house tidying
PMA - positive mental attitude

Food plan:

breakfast - ff cottage cheese with pears, peanut butter toast
lunch - egg white salad sandwich (open face) with cheese, cauliflower
snack - fruit, flax, crackers
dinner - out with mom
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

Rhonda - I hope your presentation went well yesterday. Glad to hear the scales are smiling! Glad your MIL is OK after her fall.

Purple - Congrats on your 3 pounds GONE! That's wondeful. I am so glad you rewarded yourself with some new clothes. Thanks for your good thoughts
regarding the ultra sound. I am hoping this can be resolved soon, too.

Mj5 - sorry to hear that knee is hurting so much - it's so hard when you
want to work out and are held back. Hope you got your cardio in. Hope your ortho can help. Thank for the positve thoughts about my ultra sound.

Everyone have a great on plan day. You CAN do this.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-01-2008 at 06:39 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:19 AM   #41  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning and TGIF!

Purple - Congratulations on your 3 pound loss!

Anybody have any great plans for the weekend? Mathpuppy, where are you headed on your road trip?

Yesterday went well. I have managed to teach myself how to use Powerpoint and things just started to really finally come together for me yesterday. It's almost like the lightbulb finally came on and I understood what I needed to do. The formal presentation is not until February 11th, but I just felt like this report was hanging over my head. I am much more relaxed today! And, I didn't turn to the kitchen to de-stress at all!

Schmoodle - Hope today is another normal day for you. I like normal, too.
Math - On road trips, I pack some Kashi TLC snack bars. They have a good portion of protein...plus, they taste good. Do you have any resistance bands? These are lightweight and easy to pack.
MJ - I'm really sorry to hear that the injections didn't help your knee. I hope you get some answers at your next appointment.
Beverly - How do you like your class? Is it what you expected? Are you getting what you need from it? The questions seem like you get an opportunity to really do some digging.
Ginger, Rakel, Linda - How are you ladies today?

This is day 5 of calorie counting and I must say....this is incredibly easy! I bring up my spreadsheet each morning and plan my calories for the day. Hubby does a spreadsheet, too. It is such a relaxed way of eating for me as there is no guesswork....my numbers are there in black and white as a visual confirmation that I'm on-plan. I'm hoping that the planning will help me this weekend. Weekends are my hardest times for staying on-plan as my schedule is too random. This weekend, one of my best friends who lives right across the street from me, is moving back to Florida. Her daughter is my youngest daughter's best friend...they practically live together and her daughter is almost like another one of my daughters. They leave on Sunday. I've been dreading this day, so I really need to be careful not to comfort myself with food. I thought about changing my official weigh-in day to Friday's so the weekends wouldn't mess up the scales, however, I'm going to keep it on Mondays as I need to be accountable. I still haven't managed to get myself back on the treadmill. I'm not sure why. I really need to dig down deep inside and find my drive to exercise again.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-01-2008 at 08:22 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #42  

Rhonda I cal. count to and it makes it alot easier if you kind of preplan your meals. I don't always follow it to a T but it seems to be much better than any other method I have tried to use in the past. I am off for a snow day today slippery out there freezing rain, snow no way am I going anywhere yet. But later today I will shop for groceries and I will preplann my intake kind of for next weeks meals. Last night I made some ck breast and dipped them in hot sauce mixture I created and had them in a ww mini bagel oh so good. Not wings but as close as one can get.
Congrats purple on you wt. loss and everyone else too! Making changes that will be long term is so important a few months back I put exercising on the back burner now I only wish I had started it sooner. WIth exercising increasing and trying my best to make some better food choices things will continue to be better one can hope. Good luck to all of you and keep up the good work. I am joining a pilates group on saturday a 8 a.m. group and trying daily to increase my exercise at home stairs and exercise bands streches etc. hoping to get in around 30 min. per day on non gym days. Thats my goal for this next week 3 days at the gym at least 30 min . throughout my day on non gym days and healty choices as much as possible without feeling deprieved.
Have a good day!
cckayac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday was a long day, I had to leave the house by 6:30, had all day meetings at Quantico, and didn't get home until late because of traffic. But today is low key, stay at home, normal! Boy, being a telecommuter makes you lazy! The kids have a two-hour delay, so we are all still lounging in pajamas, but I'll have to get them moving soon...

Here's today:
B - Fiber One with milk and banana, coffee
S - 3 bean salad, V8
L - leftover Shrimp Stir Fry
S - latte, celery and LCLC
D - WW Pita meatball pizza, salad
S = 1/2 cup NSA ice cream

Here's yesterday:
B - chocolate cheesecake smoothie with a toddy shot, Nessa Bar (car food)
S - string cheese
L - taco soup, 7 triscuits with LCLC
S - already eaten for lunch
D - Fireside bean and sausage soup, 1 cup 3 bean salad, glass milk,
S - small handful peanuts, 1/2 cup NSA ice cream

cckayac, you are very inspiring with your exercise routine. I am trying...
I've been wanting to try this recipe, sounds kinda like what you did:
1 1/2 pounds lean skinless boneless chicken breast fillet
1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (ICBINB)
3 T Tabasco (or more)
1 T sugar free no carb ketchup

In a bowl, mix ICBINB, Tabasco and sugar free ketchup. Cut chicken into pieces resembling wings (could try turkey breast, shrimp or firm fleshed fish here too, I think). Stir into Tabasco mixture to coat well. Arrange in a Pam sprayed baking dish in a single layer and pour remaining mixture over the top. Bake at 350 until all liquid has evaporated.

Rhonda, I love it when the light bulb comes on. I just wish it would happen more often for me! Sorry this will be a sad weekend for you
Beverly, I love hearing about your class. Very thought provoking for me. I always used to have a sweet in the afternoon, so my lattes have replaced that and satisfy the craving for me. They are indispensible!
Purple, I always have an easier time spending on my kids than on me too. But we deserve to wear nice clothes that fit right! Enjoy your reward. You have earned it! And congrats on the 3 lbs.
mathpuppy, the smoothie is a new recipe I just tried this week and it is yummy and really easy. Let me know if you want the recipe. Have a great road trip!
Have a great day mj and ginger!

Scale strike: 2 weeks down, 2 weeks to go.
IT'S FRIDAY!!!!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-01-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #44  

cc--excellent plan, you'll get there

Rhonda--I think calorie counting is so easy as well because there are no "forbidden" foods. I tend to want to eat only what I can't have, so when there is nothing, only limited portions in a day, I tend to think in terms of "is it worth 300 calories?" At first I was filling almost all my calories with junk, but then I went off sugars, cravings are gone, and it is almost always NOT worth the calories...and I never thought that would happen for me!

My weekend: Today I have to get the van inspected, get Tyler's haircut, and Allie has gymnastics. Tomorrow we'll be at a BB game half the day, Allie cheers there. Saturday night Tyler goes off to MILs for the night because Sunday I am taking Allie to see the Hannah Montana movie as a surprise early birthday present. She thinks "all the kids are going" but here I will tell her tonight that I have a surprise for her but won't tell her what it is until we get there. She will probably be screaming in the movie theater when she hears me say "Hannah" but that's okay She wanted so bad to go to the concert but we it was impossible to get tickets, so this will have to be second best.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #45  
mj5

Hi! Wow, it has been a hectic week! Luckily today was better! I managed to accomplish a lot of little things, so I feel much better about the week! I am still way, way far behind, but it's ok. One thing at a time!!!!

I have been doing pretty well as far as making healthy food choices. Unfortunately exercise just hasn't been happening much. Partly related to being so busy at work, partly related to my knee hurting so much. This weekend I am going to try some low impact cardio at home and see how that goes. Next week I really want to get back to the gym regularly--I really have to set my time limits w/ work again--some OT is fine, but this is too much! (besides, I am salary, so there is NO extra $ for all this extra time I am putting in!).

Rhonda--How is your presentation coming? YEA for staying out of the kitchen! I can't wait to hear about your 'scale' secrets!

Purple--Go you!!! That is fantastic!! I am SO proud of you! That's a cool idea about your weigh in day. Have fun at your picnic! What a cool mom! You are going to have a great time, I'm sure!

Beverlyjoy--Your class sounds really interesting.

I have to run. I just got a call from home--one of my uncle's had a massive heart attack and they do not expect him to make it.