Old 01-28-2008, 08:03 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

I can't count the number of times I tried and failed, but forget about it. You can't change the past, but you can change your future if you really want to. Every morning I get up and asked myself - How bad do you want it? I tell myself I'm worth the effort. If you are afraid of what other people will think don't tell them at first. Just start making small changes everyday and before you know it you will be feeling better about yourself and start seeing a difference.

This is doable and you have to make up your mind that you will do this no matter what. Be aware of that negative voice in your head. Replace every negative thought with at least 2 positive things. It's not an easy process, but it is so worth it. YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!! BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:06 AM   #17  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I battle with this negative thinking almost daily. I have also failed at this losing weight business many many times. But, we can't let our fear of failure prevent us from participating in anything in life....to include weight loss.

Here is what helps me. I have made myself accountable to the people here at 3FC. It doesn't matter if I'm doing well or floundering yet again, I come here each and every day and let my 3FC friends know how I'm doing. I read the posts....NSV, One Reason Why I’m Staying On-Plan Today, Accountability/Planning/Menus every day. I don’t allow myself to put this journey out of my mind. For too many years, I’ve kept my weight as a big secret. I was accountable to no one and I could pretend that I was still 175 pounds and a size 16. I was that proverbial ostrich who kept her head buried in the sand. But, I refuse to enable myself anymore! Today is my weigh-in and I’ve gained two pounds for the week. I’m ashamed and embarrassed, but here I am at 3FC. And, it’s an awesome thing…..reading the posts is contagious! I have hope again for this next week and the following weeks.. In the past, gaining two pounds would mean that I don’t attempt weight loss for another 6 months, a year, or longer. But, coming here each day keeps me motivated and gives me hope. Hearing about others’ struggles, then seeing them succeed makes me want to succeed, too!

Don’t give up on yourself! Take a look around here at 3FC and see all of the amazing successes. You can have the same successes for yourself! If they can do it, so can you!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #18  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

Hang in there, Thistime! Don't give up on yourself! You just haven't found the right way for yourself yet. My weight loss plan didn't really click until this year (and god knows, I've been trying to lose weight for YEARS), when I finally discovered what my trigger foods were. What a surprise, actually. I knew that I had issues with salty, greasy, crunchy things but what turned out is that actually I didn't really start craving those until I had sugar and caffeine Before I found that out, I had almost lost hope. I began to think that I was just a useless eating machine. But after I got rid of my triggers, it was amazing the difference. It took a while, but I began to feel like I could eat like a normal person. I found out that really it wasn't due to my lack of "willpower" but more to a physical addiction. And that felt great! Anyways my point is, it's probably not "you." For me, reading "Why Can't I Stop Eating?" was really helpful. It was because of this book that I was finally able to identify my possible trigger foods.
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Those of us that have this fear of failure and all-or-nothing attitude are perfectionists. I have been working hard at letting go of that. Any small change you can make will make a difference. You don't have to go hard core and start working out and eating a thousand calories/day and drop 60 lbs. in 2 months (like The Biggest Loser). Why not start with adding 8 classes of water to your day. Substituting No Sugar Added Ice cream for your nightly bowl? Or think of another healthy substitute you can make in your diet. Is there something you are eating that you are not even enjoying that much that you can give up or swap out?
You will know when you are ready to do this, but even if you don't feel ready right now, you can be "practicing." It will make a difference in your life and in your attitude.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:43 AM   #20  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

I thank you all so much for taking the time to read my post, and for your encouraging thoughts. Every single one of you are right! See my problem is, is that I have to learn if I fall off the wagon, I have to get right back on and put that slip up behind me. Thats what I'm going to try and do different this time. I'm not going to focus on my mistakes. I'm just going to keep moving. I had my healthy breakfast this morning, and when I put the baby up for a nap I'm going to do my walk away the pounds video. I'll start off with the one mile and gradually work my way up. Thank you again!! I love this place. It feels great to be able to come here and get such awesome support!!!
ThisTimeIsDifferent is offline   Reply With Quote