Old 01-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #1  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Default I'm back again.

Not going to go off on why I failed and ask for advice. Apparently it doesn't get through to me anyway...But just wanted to let you guys know I am back....Struggling...I just don't want to fail, but I am on the fast track to flunking Diet 101 as of now. 8 pounds above my lowest weight....
I just can't find anything I like to eat that's not junk. I'm burned out on my "healthy foods" with no time to cook anyway. *Sigh*

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 01-25-2008 at 07:46 PM.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Sockmonkey
It's good to see you back! I'm a big believer that as long as you are trying, you are succeeding. We've missed you. We have faith in you. Have faith in yourself.

Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #3  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

This happens to us all! And I, for one, have definitely been there a few times myself. In fact, I have not lost anything since right before Christmas! (waaaaaa) BUT, as I mentioned in another post, EVERY ounce lost is worth EVERY effort made. You don't "fail" by falling down - you fail when you don't get back up. We can both do this. Here's to me and you (and anyone else in the same boat) - We ARE worth it, and we WILL succeed. Let's do it.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #4  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Keep searching for healthy foods. I mean, there are more than just broccoli and salads out there that I am sure that you will love and be easy. Try making one day a week a cooking day, then package, and freeze. There are also healthy TV dinners that I enjoy when I am hard up for time, and if you can't do without the junk... preportion and put it in a spot that is not readily accessible.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I was in the "now I'm here, now I'm not" club too, but this time is different because I read a book about thinking like a thin person. It really changed my thinking and I'm no longer obsessed with food, something I never ever thought would happen. It's called The Beck Diet Solution and is not a diet book but a book about cognitive behavior modification. A kind of reprograming your thinking. Some people naturally do it. I needed this book and my library even had it. I highly recommend it.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:47 AM   #6  
linda

S/C/G: 238/231/138

Height: 5foot 1inch \and a quarter

did you realise another 5lb and your half way there. keep strong and well done on the huge loss so far
linda25590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 314/215/135

Height: 5'4

Hello there I am in the same boat as you I am just now getting back I was lost for awhile now I am ready to start again, look how well you have done just think you can keep going, wish you lots of luck we can do this its not only my time but its our time,
its my time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:14 AM   #8  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda25590 View Post
did you realise another 5lb and your half way there. keep strong and well done on the huge loss so far
LOL I know....But what sucks is I had already made it there. *sigh*
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:03 AM   #9  

Welcome back to the 3FC!
Moosegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:37 AM   #10  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
LOL I know....But what sucks is I had already made it there. *sigh*

Having been there, you know that you can "go back there". Don't give up
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:39 AM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey sockmonkey70! Look, you have to find a way to make this work in your life! If you're too busy too cook, then you can always use something like Lean Cuisines or other frozen meals to get you through, and use simple assemble-it-yourself foods for lunches when you're away from home.

Some folks like to be purists about only eating "healthy" foods, and that's fine--but in my humble opinion, there is nothing wrong with Lean Cuisines as part of a strategy. Much of my weight loss has been thanks to those frozen dinners. Just be sure you get additional vegetables--like a side salad or some green beans.

Hang on! Don't make it harder than it has to be! There is a way!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:12 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hey there Mary. You've come waaay too far to stop now. You MUST keep looking and searching for the "right" combination for you. You just must.

As well as those Lean Cuisine's Jay mentioned, how about some Veggie burger products? I LOVE the Morning Star Farms products. THe original chick pattie and the spicy bean burger are two of my favs. That's my lunch many days a week. Along with a large portion of veggies.

How about making a large pot of butternut squash soup once a week? It's a great start to a great meal. Each week you can do a different soup.

Just keep on trying different things. There's something out there for you. I just know it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:25 AM   #13  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

rockinrobin, you just reminded me- I need to get more of those Morning Star Chicken Patties. They are delicious! I ate a lot of those over the summer months for lunch or dinner. My kids and my daughter's friend (she stays with us during the summer) thought they were real chicken patties and ate them as well- I couldn't keep them in the house! They're good for you, yet they taste evilly delicious.

I go back and forth with the healthy eating. I love healthy foods, but I enjoy the junk, too. So, I try to do a balance. I'm back on track after a horrible hiatus, mostly my fault. For some reason, the months of September through mid January have always been my hardest months for dieting/exercising since my kids started their school years. Not sure if it's because a hectic schedule starts up again with the kids activities, homework, late night dinners, as well as the holiday stress, but this year, I got stuck big time, after losing 51 pounds after five months of dieting and exercising. I gained some back, unfortunately, but I am back on track. I just lost 3 pounds this week after changing my ticker the other day. I've got to learn how to avoid this pitfall next fall.....

Hang in there, Mary. I know where you're coming from, hun. Try baby steps like I did to getting back on track. Just like you're starting all over again, make on change at a time until you are completely back on track.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Mary! I'm glad to see you back here again. I understand that you're struggling. But, you're a smart girl and you can find a way to stay on-plan despite your very hectic life right now. Where there's a will, there's a way...right? I'm hoping that you find your way. You can do this!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #15  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb We missed you sockmonkey70

I was wondering if you were on some cruise laying back drinking some kind of cute drink with umbrellas in it!

I hear you loud and clear. I was sinking slowly in quicksand around Thanksgiving. I was stalled. I was burned out on the healthy food I was eating. I was wore out from the manic exercising I was doing. So, what did I do?

I took some time off. I read a lot of books about diets, nutrition and such. I decided to "maintain" during the month of December. And, I did. Then, starting the New Year, I felt more optimistic and more determined. I changed my food plan. I plan to restart my exercise program on February 1st. I have still managed to lose weight even though I haven't stepped onto my treadmill in two months!

I think the way to make healthy food interesting is to start checking out other foods in the grocery stores. Try something you think you could never imagine eating. I like vegetables but I don't naturally go "hey, that broccoli sure is looking really mouthwatering today...." When I realized that I needed to get that part of my food plan back in high gear that is when I brought out some of my many cook books that I "collect". I think Asian cuisine does such fascinating things with chicken and vegetables. I am always amazed at how the lowly chicken can be transformed into so many different tasty tidbits.

Yeah, it does mean we have to be on our toes more often than not but if you can try and think about making a challenge rather than a chore, you are half way there.

Great to have ya back, keep up the good work, kid, you can do it!
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote