Old 01-28-2008, 04:12 AM   #1  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Default losing inches but not pounds??

Ok i started my weight loss in december i have been losing weight and pounds up until the last week or so . and i dont know why.. I havent done anything drastic to change what my body is doing.

So after 6 weeks of weightloss sticking pretty well between 1800-2000 calories. half and hour to 1 hour of exercise 6-7 days a week , is it normal to have a big slow down? I was losing a couple of pounds a week and then i have stopped but now my measurement are going down instead. heres whats been going on

January 28 2008

Weight 275
right upper arm 14 inches (36cm)
Right upper leg 29 inches (74cm)
Waist 42 inches(108cm)
bust 48 inches (123cm)
hip 57inches(145cm)

DECEMBER 20 2007

weight 280.1
Right arm upper 14 inches( 35 cm)
right upper leg 30 inches (76cm)
Waist now 44.1/2 inches (113cm)
Bust now 47 inches (119.cm)
hips now 58 1/2 inches(148.5 cm)

December 12 2007
Original measurements
weight 288.8
Right upper arm 16 inches- 40 cm
Right upper leg 31.1/2 inches- 80 cm
Waist 49 inches- 125cm
Bust 51 inches- 130 cm
hips 60 inches- 152 cm

My bust has gone up and inch but im guessing that is hormonal or something.. lol and my arm i have been working hard with my arms trying to get rid of my chicken wings lol... So what do you think??

Is the weightloss slow down normal 6 weeks in?? i only doing the official weightloss thing once a month so i dont get too crazy lol. but i do weigh myself most mornings lol.. I have been at 275 for about 2 weeks and gone up to 277 and 278 then back down again.. i think im 275.5 at the moment..
since my boobs ghave gone up and down could it all be becuase i am ovulating ?? it would have been that time in my cycle last week .?
has anyone got a good site about female hormones and weight fluctuations?
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:30 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

If your measurements are still going down, then you're still doing something right--keep up the great work! I don't know of ANYONE who ever lost weight EVERY week throughout their weight loss journey. We all have ups and downs and stay-the-sames even when we don't change anything we'd been doing. The scale does not measure fat, just total weight, and SO many things in the human body can affect weight other than fat, but if your measurements are going down, you're fine! I know it's frustrating since a doctor will just put you on a scale and determine whether you need to lose weight or whatever, but measurements really are a better indicator of success.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:47 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Amy! For most of us, there are times when we lose the inches but the scales don't move. You are completely normal! Of course, most of us have to modify our plan periodically. So, be prepared to lower your calorie intake and up the exercise time/intensity in the future.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

You are doing great! A loss is a loss. You are smart to have taken your measurement. I never did and really wished I had on those weeks when the scale didn't move. You're doing great - keep it up!
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:29 AM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

You are totally normal. You are likely replacing some fat with muscle - so the scale stays the same, but you are getting leaner.
That is why it is so important to not focus so much on the scale for progress. You are still progressing, even if the number stays the same.
Congrats!!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #6  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Thanks guys i just wanna live in a perfect weight loss world where the pounds drip off no problem lol. Ill keep on trucking I'm enjoying myself and feeling better so it all counts I'm gonna do 30 minutes more exercise today anyway. My son is starting school again after the summer break so i will be walking him to school , he is a big boy now lol he's going into grade 2 .... LMAO .. he has told me I'm not to pack his bag or make his lunch .. because he is a big boy and can do it himself... lol I'm also not allowed to get his clothes out .... He says he can do his own hair and brush his own teeth dress himself and make his own breakfast.... because "He's a big boy " LMAO its just too funny for word .. he is only 7 i wonder how many mornings this will last ???
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote