Old 01-26-2008, 07:12 AM   #16  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

As others have mentioned above- stick to one scale. One day, I weighed myself in the morning before a doctor's appointment. Went to the doctor's, their scale showed around seven more pounds than mine did. Went to the store to drop off a prescription, tried their scale, their scale was 2 pounds more than mine, lol. I weighed myself three different times within an hour, had nothing to eat or drink inbetween, but all said something different. So, in essence, you did lose 15 pounds, according to your scale. Just means that their scale at the doctor's office would have been higher for your starting weight, had you used theirs.

That's one thing I hate about going to doctor's appointments- their scales always seem higher than mine, and you tend to get discouraged, even though you know you've lost weight. If it bothers you that much tell the nurse not to tell you what the scale says, and close your eyes when you jump on it. Just know you're doing great losing weight and you're on the right track. Don't let a number on the scale discourage you from getting healthy and happy.

I have one friend who threw out her scale years ago. She said her clothing size tells her all she needs to know about how much weight she needs to lose if needed. Perhaps that is why she is still thin, while I am heavy. She doesn't fuss over a machine, while I have in the past, gotten discouraged because it didn't show any weight loss and off the diet I went.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 314/215/135

Height: 5'4

I agree w/everyone about diff scales will show diff weights just use the one that your normally on and go by that, plus you were down so that is good be proud of that, good luck I know you can do it.
its my time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:19 AM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You've lost what you've lost, doesn't matter what any scales says. Sure, we'd like to know "exact" numbers, but that's just not always the case.

The bottomline is, if you're eating well and exercising - YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT. The weight WILL come off. Creating a calorie deficit WILL result in weight loss. Sounds like you're ready to get back to it. And it's a GREAT place to get back to. So dek - get back to it!!!! You absolutely, positively CAN do this. Go for it!!!!! You won't regret it for a teeny, tiny second.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote