3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   How many lbs per month? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/132195-how-many-lbs-per-month.html)

2beautiful2Bfat 01-22-2008 05:01 PM

How many lbs per month?

How many can i expect to lose per month? I am trying to set some mini golas but I am not sure what is realistic. Is 10 lbs a month too high of a goal? :?:

JayEll 01-22-2008 05:06 PM

Hey!

You might hit 10 pounds in the first month, but if you're eating the correct number of calories (that is, not eating too little) then it may be more like 8 pounds per month, average. As you get closer to your goal, you may need to increase exercise or reduce your intake to stay with that rate. But it's not a race--4 to 8 pounds per month is a good range.

Jay

crbowles 01-22-2008 05:07 PM

A healthy weight loss is .5 to 2 lb per week, so you should lose around 8 lbs per month to be safe. Good Luck!

dandk0204 01-22-2008 05:32 PM

I am trying for 10 pounds a month for a few months but I won't be disappointed if I don't make it. This is my first month and I've already lost over 20 pounds and I know its because it is the first month. All you have to do is put your mind to it exercise and eat well and don't be upset if you don't get the results:)

Reddalice 01-22-2008 06:06 PM

I want everyone to reach for big goals and work hard to achieve them. I do have a "however" though! Depending on your history of sticking with a plan all the way through, aim for smaller goals and work your way up. This will reinforce a positive attitude and positivity works.

blueyedlvrgirl 01-22-2008 06:16 PM

I started about a week ago and have not weighed myself since. I am worried about not seeing a difference after all my hard work. I am hoping for 8-10 lbs this first month, then I think I will be happy with just about any smaller numbers that I see!!!

Good Luck!

amouse 01-22-2008 06:49 PM

mu mini goal is to loose 10 pounds but i dont have a time frame. i dont do well with that kinda pressure .. lol. i have lost 13 pounds so far and have decided my first reward will be going to the movies kid free with my hubby :) lol . when i get the next ten i think we should go bowling :) lol all 4 of us. We all benefit that way . :)

aerotigergirl 01-22-2008 06:58 PM

Good question! I've thought often of setting a mini-goal for myself, too... but i'm not sure where to set it. I think I've decided to set it at 10% of my starting body weight, and I'll give myself 12 weeks to reach that.

Meg 01-22-2008 07:37 PM

Have you considered setting an action goal for the month instead of a pounds lost goal? We can't control how many pounds we lose in a month -- we can do everything "right" but sometimes our bodies just don't cooperate. How frustrating to be perfectly on plan and still "fail" to reach a goal! Then you end up feeling like a failure instead of the success that you really are.

What we CAN control are our actions: exercising, planning menus, journaling food, weighing and measuring portions and so on. Focus on the actions that make weight loss happen and the pounds will take care of themselves. So why not set a monthly goal of actions instead of pounds? :)