Old 01-19-2008, 02:15 PM   #46  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Hello all, I thought I would post in this thread, I am still fairly new to the site as well as this whole weight loss thing, and death is not an option.

I am a 34 year old Husband and Dad of 2, I have been heavy most of my life but have always been ok with that fact as I was as healthy as a fat dude could be. meaning at 330 lbs I was running almost 2 miles 3 times per week and had lifted weights for years, and about 7 years ago I got a back injury and that was it, I blew up. to my best guesstimate I am above 500 lbs right now and I stand just about 6'5'' tall. I was researching a WLS and scared myself when I read "death" as a side effect of the surgery and deciding that I have too much to lose with 2 young kids and a gorgeous wife, I started on a low calorie and more exercise life change.

I have a scale on the way (in the mail) that reads to 550 lbs that I cannot wait for it to get here but at the same time dreading its arrival as something in me fears that I will be too heavy for it. I joined a couple forums and try and soak up every bit of information that I can and, I keep an Excel sheet current with everything that I consume and I blog about it for accountability, the blog has been a source of encouragement to me as I have a couple of people that follow it with me and give me a ton of support, which I know that I need, thats me in a nutshell and I thank you for reading.

As Ever
Me

Last edited by Botzz; 01-19-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

I became serious about the whole weight loss thing on jan 2nd 2007 and found this site in may of 2007. I didn't really introduce myself; just turned up and started posting.

I'm currently 24 (will be 25 on february 1st), still living at home due to the excessive cost of living in my area, work for a local company doing basic a basic admin role which is disheartening. I graduated from uni a year and a half ago with a degree in politics and business management.

I've found that I like to work out. Sure, sometimes its more of a loathe than a like but on the whole it's a like! I started running last year for the first time ever and will continue to do so when I can get back out there (winter weather permitting). I'm currently hitting the weights and gym hard and am focusing on toning up and becoming FIT (slim would be good but fit is more important).

Not really sure what else to say. I love to read - chick lit recently along with anything weight related. I'm planning on running the race for life in may and also wish to do a parachute jump in 2009
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:39 PM   #48  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I just want to send out a special to Botzz
We do have a few guys that come here, but we haven't seen them in a while. There's the AMAZING Howie, who you may find you have something in common with. He has had a severe back injury and a mega surgery for it. He has also become half the man he used to be....Howwwiiiiiiieeeeeeee, where are youuuuu???
We've also go Si, who pops in from time to time, and Charles, and possibly a few others I'm forgetting at the moment.
Don't be intimidated by all us women. We're here to support you in all your efforts, and I'm so proud of you for checking out our wonderful board, and for giving yourself this amazing gift

Stick around, you'll love it here, OK?

Linda

And PS- If your scale arrives and your fear is realized, DON'T give up, you'll be under that number in no time
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:20 AM   #49  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

Hi there everyone!
It's been good to read up a bit about the "chicks" (and roosters), that I have come to depend on in weight loss journey, whether they know it or not. Anyways I've only been on here like 3 months, but what a difference it has made!

But, umm, I guess I should say something more about myself. I am 40 and have been overweight basically most of my life. I am a teacher/editor/writer and have been living in Asia for the last 10 years or so. Most everyone here are skinny-minis so there isn't a lot of what you might call weight loss support, products or otherwise. (or clothes that fit me, for that matter) Other than that, it's a great place to work and live, I just have to rely a lot on myself.

What else? Well, I'm slightly geeky and thus like almost anything to do with books, sci-fi, or gaming (though haven't been able to do that for a LONG time). I also really enjoy cooking, though these days I'm trying to concentrate on the healthier aspects. Living in Asia, I’ve done a fair amount of traveling, which has been great. Next travel spot will be Cambodia in February—I can’t wait!

Last edited by kasmin; 01-20-2008 at 04:22 AM.
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:32 AM   #50  

Wow! I'm so glad this thread was started. I've been here almost 2 years and this is the first time I've actually formally introduced myself.

I'm a soon-to-be 29 year old single woman living in New York City. I have a creative streak, so I've really been exploring all of my interests, including writing short novels for pre-teens.

I've always been active, I played sports and danced for most of my life. But despite all of that, I was overweight since the 6th grade. I don't remember weighing myself or getting weighed much during those years, but I do remember taking home my height/weight chart when I left middle school and it said my weight was 178lbs. So now I weigh less than I did then. It's so weird. But I love it, and I'm getting used to my new body more and more each day.
And I'm looking forward to my first bikini summer ever!
lola06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:27 AM   #51  

My name is Molly, though I haven't been called that in ages. I don't know how I ended up with "Lalique" as a nickname (strange, I know), but I did, alot of people just call me Lali. I live in a small town (population 4,000) in snow-country USA. And I hate it!!! I dream of someday living on a beach in Florida... *sigh* .... Anyway, I'm 21 years old, been "fat" all my life. My highest weight was 240, I'm currently at 235, my untimate goal weight is 115, but right now I'm just shooting to get under the 200 pound mark.

Right now I work full time as a CNA (Certified Nurses Aid), at an assisted living, and at our local Emergency Room (though not for long, I'm done at the ER as of Feb. 1). I've been a CNA for 5 years. I am also an Advanced Life Support EMT - Which is where my heart and soul lies. In my spare time (which isn't much, right now, but will be in a couple more weeks!) I work for our local ambulance service as such. Thats my favorite job in the world!

I was a dumb dumb and dropped out of Paramedic school 6 months before graduation. I regret it completely, but try not to dwell on it... I'm hopeing to start Nursing school this fall.

Thats about it for me. I'm constantly trying to remain focused on losing weight, and finding Mr. Right (I've never had a boyfriend, so this has become quite an obsession).

I don't have much for hobbies. Except for playing Sims 2 (once in a while), posting here, shopping, hanging out with my entourage of awesome friends, and enjoying a sappy romance novel every so often...

Last edited by lalique; 01-20-2008 at 05:27 AM.
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:39 AM   #52  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

I've been here for a few years struggling with losing and maintaining my weight loss. This site has been a great support tool for me.

I live in the Washington DC metro with my husband, 2 cats and 1 dog. I work for a large company doing information security.

I enjoy hiking, travelling, playing with my animals, reading and other stuff too. I'm hoping after I lose 20-30 more lbs that I can learn how to rock climb. Also, the next big trip on my horizon is a hiking trip in Costa Rica possibly or maybe Ireland. Although sometime in the fall, I plan to take a trip on the east coast somewhere, I've yet to decide where but it should involve plenty of hiking.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #53  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Hey y'all!

I've been a member here almost three years. In that time I have lost and gained the same 20 lbs or so. BUT....that is my OLD STORY! My NEW story is.....I am eating and exercising to get the body I want! (Thanks, Nelie!)

I'm almost 43, and have been with my "significant other" for over 3 years. He's a wonderful sweet man with a great sense of humor (and not hard on the eyes!). He's English, so he's got the sexy accent as well!

I'm the assistant to a Vice President of a big company here in Florida. I am a transplant from Indiana (go Colts!), and I LOOOOOVE the weather!!

My guilty pleasure: KARAOKE. I own my own system and have a library of over 1000 songs and growing! I enjoy singing so much! I usually go out to a pub to sing once a week or so....but really enjoy singing at my own house.

The 100 lb Club has been my 3FC home since the beginning, but you will probably see me on the General Chatter thread and the Biggest Loser thread too.

Welcome all you newbies! And lots of love to the oldbies!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #54  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone! I'm Nicki and I read about 3FC in Oprah magazine last spring. I joined in April and have posted off and on since then. I am a single mother of 2 (DS is 14 and almost as tall as I am, and DD is 10 and is my Drama Queen) and we live in rural NC. Our family is rounded out with 1 cat, 2 dogs, a noisy Quaker Parrot, a fluffy hamster and some fish.

I lost weight in 2006 and put every bit of it back on when I lost my support system. Thats when I realized that I couldn't do this alone. 3FC has been a wonderful place to give and receive support. I count calories because that works best for me. My exercise routine has faltered some, but I remain consistent with my water aerobics class, 3 times a week. I love to jog and am currently working on a routine to heal my shin splints.

I hit my highest weight of 271 in March of 2007. In April I saw my doctor and she was not pleased with me at all (this year will be very different!). I dropped as low as 217 last fall, but gained back to 230. I am currently at 221.5 and have some new motivation. Love found me last fall, and I have been on cloud 9 ever since. He is coming home next month for a short visit, so I am working hard to hit my Valentine's Day goal. He has quickly become my biggest cheerleader.

Welcome to all the 'newbies'. I think this group is a wonderful collection of people. Hi to all the ladies that became so familiar to me last year, that you felt like family. I've missed you! It feels real good to be back!
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #55  

Very cool -- thanks Sandi!!

I'm Susan (Shelby was my absolute favorite cat I had for 10 years when I was single!!) -- 37, married to my husband for almost 11 years with two really cool boys -- 8 and 4. Unfortunately the 4 year old is smarter than the rest of us, makes me tired every day just trying to win my battles!!!

I have had a weight problem seems every time I live with other people!! I had a "5 year window of thin" when I lived on my own, before I met my husband. When we moved in together, I rapidly gained 100 lbs. Our marriage definitely suffers because of it. Along with some serious eating disorder issues, this has been a constant battle for me.

So, as of last week (a little late on the New Year's resolution thing ) I have been working on intuitive eating -- which is such a stretch for a food freak!! but it seems to be working well. I guess you can't obsess about food when you are "allowed" to eat!! I'm hoping to end this year close to my "before I met you hubby" weight, but to be honest I would be happy to just get my butt out of the 200's! I'm reminded every day of all the things I miss out on by being overweight, uncomfortable and miserable!!

I love to read, play with my kids and read around 3FC constantly.

I live in NY, about 3 1/2 hours from all my family, so I get a little lonely for them sometimes, especially my crazy sister!!

I am a SAHM/have my own medical transcription business -- used to work in politics (with the election coverage, so glad I'm out!!).

Hope everyone has an awesome New Year and it's nice to "meet you".

Last edited by shelby897; 01-21-2008 at 12:15 PM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Hello all. I'm a new Oldie. I've been around a while. I just stopped coming here in the summer and am just now finding my way back. I too have been overweight all my life and pretty much morbidly obese since graduating college. The highest I weighed was 317 just before I found out I was PG with my 2nd. I did great after having him, and got down to 250. That was a mental block I wasn't ready to cross yet and gained a few pounds. Told myself I would get it back off in no time. Had a miscarriage and gained a lot more weight. I got PG again in Dec. 05. I was just getting back on track with losing weight and did fine the first month or two of my PG. Then I just used the I'm pregnant, I can eat that excuse and didn't eat very healthy or exercise much during my pregnancy. After having Nate, my doc actually took out about 2-inches of my stomach. (Free tummy tuck with my c-section). I thought it would be great motivation to lose the weight. Boy was I wrong. I struggled more and more and would binge every time I tried to lose weight. So I stopped. I started a biggest loser challenge on a parenting website in Nov. and did great the first couple of weeks. Then the holidays hit and I started not doing so well. I did manage to lose 10 pounds over the holidays which is something I have NEVER done. I signed up again for another 8-week challenge that started on Jan. 7 and I've been going strong ever since. This time I feel mentally ready to tackle this.

My name is Dawnyal, 34, I'm happily married and have 4 wonderful (well most of the time) children. A 13 YO stepson, Lilly is 5, William will be 4 next month, and Nate is almost 17 months. I work a full-time job complete with commute so finding time to fit everything in can be challenging but I've decided that it's worth it.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:25 PM   #57  

Height: 5'5"

Hey all! I am 34 and looking forward to my 15th wedding anniversery in March. I have five children: 14YO daughter, 12YO son, 10YO son, 7YO son, and 4YO daughter. I work from home on a contract basis, which means I'm either super busy or looking for another contract. But I get to work from home, and I rarely miss sporting events or school functions, and I take my 4YO daughter to the library where we can "work" side by side. It works for me right now.

I lost about 60 pounds between May and November, and have made little progress since then. BUT - I have not gained weight, and that's something too. I have just kept gaining and losing the same five pounds for the past few months, but I just finished a major contract, and am going to use my time to reo-commit and get down to 170. If I make it there, I am going to get my hair cut professionally for the first time in my life.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #58  

S/C/G: ?/250/160

Excellent idea starting this thread, Sandi! My name is Denise and I have been coming to 3FC off and on for a few years -- I followed the Chicks here from another weight loss site that had lots of snipy, unsupportive members. So glad that's not the case here!

Like so many others, I've been overweight all of my (47) years. I managed to spend a few years of my early 20s in the 160-170# range but medical problems and a job loss got me away from my more active lifestyle and my low point/high weight was at age 30-something, when my daughter was one year old and I stepped on a scale in the Sears ladies' room out of curiosity and was completely shocked to discover I'd gained to 290. I've been slowly chipping away at the weight since then, and other than successfully losing 190-lbs of emotionally abusive ex-husbandage, I've been stuck between 240-260 for the past 8 years. Tired of gaining & losing the same 20-pounds, last fall I re-re-re-committed myself to getting "Fit by Fifty" and the adjustments I'm making in my head & my life seem to be working. I live with my daughter (17) and my mother (75) and I need to take care of myself so that I can take care of them!

I think this site helps me keep focused, and inspired. As egocentric as it sounds, I hope that one day I, too, will be an "After" who inspires others!
dustdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:56 PM   #59  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Pamatga, that's me

I am 54 1/2 years old. I have been morbidly obese for the past 25 years. I have been married for the third time to a wonderful husband, Paul, for the past 5 1/2 years. I have one adult daughter who lives in Philly. My husband and I moved to Atlanta 4 years ago for his work.

I have tried and failed more times than I care to admit but this past fall I decided to try again and it seems to be working for me this time. One thing I will say is that I have learned a lot from my mistakes. And what I have learned I am using this time to make this work. I have two diet blogs on this site "downsizing" and "pixtosee". The second is my photos as I lose this weight and my stats to accompany that weight lose.

I post a lot on this sub forum and I hope to hear from ya all as we all lose this weight together. We can do it!

Last edited by pamatga; 01-21-2008 at 05:56 PM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:32 AM   #60  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Great idea! My name is Meredith, and I've been lurking around these boards for a few years, although never really commited myself to posting much, or losing much but with the new year, I've been dedicated to finally taking off that extra hundred that is slowing me down. I have 2 beautiful children, both under 3, and when they get older, I'm going to need all my energy to keep up with them. I'm still working on the right diet for me, but in the meantime am working out 3 times a week and hope to start bumping that up.
shea5 is offline   Reply With Quote