3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Im here to complain too... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/131638-im-here-complain-too.html)

rysmommy 01-17-2008 09:48 AM

Im here to complain too...

:(Okay there must be something in the air because im not losing either and im sure there is something im doing wrong or not enough of but, man com'on!! I lost 3 lbs a week ago but im pretty sure it too was water weight because i had to be retaining so much from all the salt and crap i was eating, but i have been keeping track of everything i eat even if it's not the best thing for me i have stayed under 1900 calories every day, and for me that's huge because i could normally eat a good 25-3000 calories a day so you would think just doing that alone would get some lbs off, but i guess im not that lucky i really do just want to throw in the towel because im so impatient but i know i need to lose i just need some inspration to keep chugging along and maybe some tips on how to get it off since im not doing something right! you would think i would have this down by now but nope not me im special. I have a 9 month old and a 3 year old so including the little 20 minute workout i do in the morning i am moving most of the day but i don't know maybe i need more alot more?! im rambling now... thanks for any advice or encouragement!

GirlyGirlSebas 01-17-2008 10:20 AM

Hi Kimberly. Each of our metabolisms is very different from each other. Unfortunately, you might be one of us that just loses weight slowly. But, don't get discouraged. There are a number of things you can try. I recommended adding more exercise. Is your 20 minutes of exercise some form of cardio? 20 minutes is not much. I recommend gradually increasing your minutes until you're working out an hour a day for 4-5 days of the week. And, try to break a sweat and make yourself just slightly breathless. No strolling.:D Also, you might need to lower your calorie intake. 1900 calories just might be too high for your body. Maybe you can try 1800 for a few days and see what happens. A couple of other things that work for me.....make sure you're getting enough rest and drinking enough fluids. Hang in there. You can lose weight.

rysmommy 01-17-2008 10:36 AM

I do a workout tape usually turbo jam for 20 minutes or i get on my treadmill for a mile i need to workout more i tend to lose weight faster when im working out 2x a day it's just trying to squeeze it in that's the issue, when i do get a moment alone im tired and just sit on my butt i guess if i want something to happen i need to kick it in gear, do you think it would be okay if i worked out like a half hour in the morning then another half hour at night? time wise that would probally workout better for me. Im afraid to eat less calories because if i work out i don't want my body to go into starvation mode according to a few website's i should be eating like 2 thousand something to lose?! it's so confusing so i don't know what i need to eat maybe i should try weight watcher's or just switching it up a bit.. who knows thanks for your advice and encouragement!

Switzie6 01-17-2008 10:46 AM

Everyone is different but I have been eating around 1900 calories since I started and have been losing a good rate about 2 lbs a week. The only thing I would say I do differently from you is that I workout more. I do cardio 6 days a week (30-60 min) and strength training 3 times a week. From my experience I would say try to add more exercising or add some intensity to what you already do. It would be fine for you to do an half hour twice a day instead of all at once, maybe you won't burn quite as many calories as doing it at once but you will still burn more then you do now. Maybe try adding a resistance band or light weights to your exercise, strength training is important. Good luck and keep you head up!

rysmommy 01-17-2008 10:52 AM

im going to do the workout thing harder keep my cal's where they are at and see if i get a different result... hum ho here i go.. thnks guys!

GirlyGirlSebas 01-17-2008 11:24 AM

Hi Kimberly, Two 30 minute workouts would be great. And, just keep the calorie thing in mind. Some of us can't lose at 1900 calories and you might be one of us. Try increasing the workouts and you'll find out for sure.

famograham 01-17-2008 12:38 PM

I have to say that I think the "starvation mode" theory is a bit over used.
It does exist...absolutely. But I think it can become a bit of a crutch.
I am not saying this to be harsh, or cruel..but I don't think I would lose much on 1900 a day.

I agree, try upping your workouts, and if you still don't lose after a few weeks...then you'll know for sure that you need to lower your calories a bit.
And if you do lower them, try bumping them down just 100 or so at a time.
You WILL find that balance....you just need to tweak your plan a little bit at a time until those numbers start moving!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
:hug:
Linda

griffogrubb 01-17-2008 12:50 PM

Hey Kimberly, I'd say watch your calories over the next couple of weeks, if nothing happens maybe drop them a little. As for the working out, you don't need to workout all at once if you can't do it. I'd say you should probably work out more, sure, but you can break it down into 2 or 3 20-30 minutes sessions if you have to. I always try and plan my workouts in the week or night ahead just so I know that I'll get it in. If you have a decent idea of what your schedule's going to be like, maybe you could give that a whirl. Best of luck to you!!!