Old 01-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #1  
Izzy

S/C/G: 274/268/199

Height: 6'

Default At work "Biggest Loser"?

I would like to start a "Biggest Loser" type weight loss at work to get us all motivated. Nothing to complicated. Does anyone do this or have any ideas/rules? It would be maybe 2 teams, weigh ins, etc.
Izzy906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

We do this at my office (that's what got me started losing weight). Ours is pretty simple. We all contribute 10.00 at the first weigh in. Then we weigh in once a week (I work for a school so the nurse is the official weigher). We post the standings at the end of the weigh in day (email them to everyone). We never share actual pounds lost or weight its just percentage lost. We also keep names secret if people do not want them shared. People just weigh in everyweek. The way they lose the weight is up to them. We usually do our contest for 8 weeks at a time (some people lose interest if you go longer). At the end of the 8 week period the winner gets the pot! We tried breaking it up into 1st 2nd and 3rd place, but that was such a hassel. We decided we would just have 1 winner. So far we have had about 20 people play each time. That's a $200.00 prize!!!!! This contest has helped me lose 80 pounds so I think it's wonderful. I still play the game to help me maintain.

Note: We have mostly women playing. If you have a lot of men you may want to have 1 women and 1 man winner. The men always lose faster and the women get discouraged. Good luck. Keep us posted on how it goes.
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote