Lacking serious motivation here....

• so I came up with some of my own to do. I printed out some of the goal before and after pics and put below each one "if they can do it, so can you" I also typed out various inspirational sayings and posted them all over the house. Then I printed out current pictures of me and did the same. and then, for the final touch, since I am having major scale anxiety, I put an inspirational saying above the scale. Hoping this will lift the serious lack of motivation over here!

So let's all share, shall we? What day to day specific things are you doing to keep yourself motivated? What works for you? Maybe we can help everyone out by giving ideas, and thus helping each other succeed!
  • Great ideas! I put a list of upcoming events, a before picture of myself and a list or pictures of rewards I've promised myself on the treadmill. That way when I feel like stopping I have a quick reminder of why I need to keep going.
  • Good Idea! I don't have any to share just yet, but I know I can learn from you all.
  • Actually, I just figured out that at a rate of just slightly over a pound a week, I can be at 200 lbs for my birthday in July!

I just found my motivation for the summer lol.
  • Wow althepirate - I never thought of that! That means under 200 for me by July too, which will be James' and my 3 year anniversay!

These are fantastic! Keep em coming!
  • I have only been at this for 13 days, so I'm still in the energetic stage. But I've done this before, so I know that doesn't last forever. When I need the motivation, I will remind myself that I am dedicated to improving my health and that I CAN DO IT. I will check out my ticker here, and remind myself that eating healthy and exercising does have its rewards. I will remind myself that there is a wedding to attend in June and a very important meeting to attend in July.

What a great thread! It made me think of something I haven't thought about yet - thanks!
  • I agree - great thread!

For me it is in the little things like updating my ticker or the January points challenge. Also, having clothes in my closet that 'used' to fit me (and will again, soon!!) is motivating. Oh, and I reward myself when I am successful at a mini-goal I make. Or, rather, I WILL reward myself when I AM successful! The rewards don't have anything to do with food but are things like a mani/pedi, facial, shopping...something like that.
  • initially it's getting back down to my lowest weight I can remember (159 early nov 07) which is also my Val day goal. Then its 149lbs which is my easter goal. I'm going on a hot air balloon ride with my father in june for fathers day and want to make sure I'm as light as can be for that! That and I have a pair of size 12 trousers in my wardrobe -I can just about zip/button them up (if I want to risk taking someones eye out) so want to fit into those better. Little aims but they help break time up into more 'chunks'