Old 01-10-2008, 03:04 AM   #1  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Default What have I done?

I know what I have done. I have eaten 2700 calories worth of emotion. I never labeled myself as an emotional eater, because I have never been able to definitively pinpoint an example of emotional eating in my life. But tonight was a sore spot. I went to one of my 21 year old friends wakes to say goodbye for the last time. It's about to drive me batty. I just can't comprehend losing someone that young...especially to a heart attack. This girl...so beautiful..Always smiling and laughing...remembering our childhood and sleepovers together...Her mother had heart problems and died when we were in the 8th grade..they should have checked her better for heart defects when they knew it ran in the family!! It's not fair. She had a rough life, and she finally was back on track...just got married..had found a good job. Then blammo, she is gone. But I guess that is life. No one ever expects that it is their time.

Before I went to the wake, I stopped in to check in on my mom (Jr. High principal)...only to find out she had lost one of her fifth graders the previous afternoon to heart complications which had been masked for years by his asthma. It was one of the children my mother had grown attached to...she always picks a few favorites..She had asthma as a child, so many times when the boy was having an attack they brought him to my mom because she was able to help him relax and breathe. She had a special bond with him through that. I could tell she had been crying all day. Just a glum day in general. Burying children...

Sorry to dump this on you guys. I don't really have anyone else I feel comfortable expressing this too.

I know this isn't an excuse to overeat the way I have tonight..but I just needed something to take my mind of the depressing realities of life for awhile...And this feeling in my stomach (like it is about to rupture) is helping somewhat...I guess.

Thank you guys for reading if you made it this far.
your loved ones tight please..You never know when that day will come, and the opportunity is no longer available.

Mary
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:37 AM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Mary, baby, I'm sorry. But now I'm a little scared cause my little brother has asthma (we just had to take him to the hospital two nights ago because of a bad attack).
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:40 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh Mary, how horrible. I'm so sorry for all of this sorrow in your life right now. What incredible tragedies. Sending your lots of cyber hugs and good wishes.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:47 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Mary, saying good-bye to love one and friends is one of the toughest things to go through in life. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-10-2008 at 06:47 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

That's a crappy day. Don't beat yourself up about your reaction. Overwhelming grief is hard to handle no matter what.

You've heard before we didn't get fat from one day of bad behavior, so in the grand scheme of things, you haven't done much damage. Do try to get on track today. That may be the best way to honor loved ones and life -- by honoring ourselves.

Last edited by Heather; 01-10-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

Mary,

I'm so sorry you are going through such a sad time in your life

It is very hard to say goodbye to people that are way too young to die. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Mary, I'm so sorry for your loss. Writing your memories of your friend and sending them to her sisters or other family members will be a great comfort to them.

You should pat yourself on the back even being aware that this triggered an eating episode. Imagine how many times that happened in the past and you never noticed or cared. You're moving ahead!
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #9  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Don't feel bad dumping this on us, that's what we are here for.
Just get back on track today. This is a reminder of how fragile life is and how important it is for us to get healthy now.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #10  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Sock/Mary: I'm sorry for your losses - both so tragic. Please don't beat yourself up over a 2700 calorie day. You have alot of emotion inside of you right now and you've recognized that eating for comfort is one of your challenges. Someone I know used to say "When the times gets tough, the tough get going......out to eat, that is!". LOL - so true, isn't it?? Try to remind yourself that you are 'tough', but the food does not control you.

Lots of wishes and warm thoughts sent your way...
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #11  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Mary: You needed some relief--and you found it in food. Don't sweat it, it won't last forever.

So sorry for all your losses....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

I'm so sorry about your friend and your mother's little student. It's hard to make sense of people so young being taken from us. If I were in your position, I'd probably have 3700 calories stuff in my mouth, so don't feel bad for your reaction. I'm sure many people would have done the same thing.
foucault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Mary, I was in tears just reading that. It is so unfair when lives are cut so short I wouldn't beat yourself up so much, just try and move on best you can. It will get better as you cycle through different emotions, just lean on your mom and be there for one another and you'll come to a brighter day. Food is a friend to many of us, and you needed it in that moment...can't change it, and it's not the end of the world, so just keep on going.

Oh, and a walk helps that stuffed feeling go away quicker.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #14  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Mary - I'm sorry for your loss. Death of someone young is unbelievable and hard to cope with...I know, I lost someone just last year at a young age. There are no answers to the big question...why...take your time to cope with it...I don't know a single person who wouldn't have done what you did...if not more damage. Keep your head up and stay focused on life...as you know, it is all to delicate and important.
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #15  

Mary -

Just wanted to add my sympathies and extend my thanks. It's so easy to get frustrated by the minutae in life, so it's good to be reminded that there are more serious things that happen. I'll be hugging my children and husband extra tight tonight.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote