3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Are you naked when you do it? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/130763-you-naked-when-you-do.html)

Eileen2bLean 01-09-2008 03:54 PM

Are you naked when you do it?

Weigh in, that is. ;)

Do you wear certain clothes? Shoes or no shoes? Wait until a certain time of day?

Do you have like some kind of a ritual for weighing in?

Or am I like the only weirdo in the group? I don't get naked or wear certain clothes but I do have to wear a certain type of shoes. I used to take my shoes off but then I'd weigh more at my doctor's office because they don't require anyone to take their shoes off, so I started leaving them on, but to me, they have to be sneakers. I wouldn't weigh in with boots on.

I always weigh in, in the morning.

I also have this little accuracy ritual that I do. It's a digital scale so I make sure it's reset properly to zero by stepping on the scale and then off and letting it cycle through and shut off again. Then I weigh myself three or four times in a row, getting off in-between and letting the scale shut off. When I finally start getting consistent numbers, then I figure I'm done.

Okay, yeah, perhaps I'm a little OCD. :dizzy:

OK Lizzy 01-09-2008 03:59 PM

I bet everyone reads your post! VERY intriguing start to it!
If I'm weighing at home, I weigh in my nightgown, immediately after going to the bathroom early in A.M. -- I won't let myself take even a tiny sip of water. Yes, I'm a little OCD also.
If I'm weighing at work (I work at a school, and the health classroom has the big step-on type of scale), I first go to bathroom; only go after students have gone (so no one will watch); take off watch and any other heavy jewelry; take off shoes and jacket.

Nori71 01-09-2008 04:01 PM

Yes, and I keep the lights on.:love: When I weigh myself, it's always in the morning, as I'm getting dressed. I do the on-off-on-off-on-off thing also. Just to make sure!

Cassie501107 01-09-2008 04:01 PM

I'm naked as can be, lol! If I'm really desperate, I'll even take the ponytail holder out of my hair, because sometimes I'm convinced that will take off 10lbs, HAHA!
:lol:

Anyways! I don't weigh first thing in the am, I actually eat breakfast and workout, then weigh riiiight before I get in the shower. Weird, but I figure it's good as long as I am consistent. :)

FlabulessPhyllis 01-09-2008 04:02 PM

I weigh myself first thing in the morning butt nekkid before i get into the shower. I only do it like once a week or i start getting obsessed with the number on the scale.

famograham 01-09-2008 04:07 PM

I am naked when I do it...yes :yes: ;)

First thing in the morning, after going to the bathroom. I have tea every morning, but I also won't sip it until I'm done! :goodscale

I weigh one foot first...:lol: (somehow I think it'll confuse the scale from the day before.:rofl:), and then weigh three or four times in a row too!
Same thing, if I get a consistent number, I'm done.

I guess we're all a little OCD!!!! :lol3:

Linda

Eileen2bLean 01-09-2008 04:10 PM

Oh my gosh, I feel so much better now, reading your posts! And OMG Cassie, LOL - I busted out laughing when I read that about the ponytail holder!

Thanks y'all!

GirlyGirlSebas 01-09-2008 04:10 PM

Yep, gotta do it naked. Wake up, stretch, stumble to the bathroom, go pee, take off jammies, get on scales....three times....and go with the number that comes up the most. I do this every single morning...on-plan or off. However, only Monday's weigh-in gets recorded on my tracker and in my weight log.

Beverlyjoy 01-09-2008 04:18 PM

I am cracking up....yes, we all have alot of this in common. I get up, pee, take off my nightie (but, have my shoes on - I don't go without shoes ever - old foot injury), weigh, get & off a couple of times.

I try to only weigh once a week - or else that number spins in my head and I go crazy. But, that's me.

dixied 01-09-2008 04:40 PM

Absolutely naked. I get up, pee, weigh myself 3 times, get dressed, let the dog out and while she's doing her thing I take the best weight and record it into fitday.

Lifeguard 01-09-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy (Post 1990115)
I am cracking up....yes, we all have alot of this in common. I get up, pee, take off my nightie (but, have my shoes on - I don't go without shoes ever - old foot injury), weigh, get & off a couple of times.

LOL - I'm picturing you in bed with your shoes on (ok - not you, 'cause I don't know what you look like...) & then on the scale starkers except for the shoes. Hahaha!

I do the whole morning, pee, naked thing too. But I also step on the scale pretty much every time I go into the bedroom. When I moved I had to leave my scale behind 'cause I had too much stuff for the plane. First day here I had to go buy a scale - although I'm not happy with the new one. A couple years ago I was away for the summer, didn't bring the scale - I had to get dh to bring it up to me the first week - I was going crazy without it! It's kind of my security blanket. If I "feel" fat but I have that reassurance that I'm basically the same as yesterday then I know it's just a feeling.

I could NOT do the digital scale thing though - way to precise for me. It would drive me bonkers seeing it go up & down point whatever. The dial one leaves a little bit of "range" without causing me stress - lol!

BattleAx 01-09-2008 04:44 PM

Naked, with lights on and eyes open, first thing in the morning.

I'm also one to weigh myself multiple times right in a row.

dandk0204 01-09-2008 04:47 PM

Yes I weigh in the nude, first thing in the morning right after I pee. I also do the get on, get off, get on, get off thing just to make sure lol you never know you might lose a pound in the process. If I forget to do it and drink water I won't weigh in until the next day because I'm convinced the water added a few pounds.

wishes 01-09-2008 04:47 PM

yeah i stumble into the bathroom when i wake up, if i need to pee i do that, then i weigh in 2-3 times for accuracy. I have had the odd weird reading hence the extra time.
I dont usually wear clothes unless its just my PJs or something light.

Purplefirefly 01-09-2008 05:00 PM

I joing the OCD club...so glad not to be alone! I weigh everyday, several times a day. When I see it go down during the week it is huge motivation to stay on plan and not ruin it by Monday!

I weigh during the day whenever I pass by and I have learned my winter clothes add 2 lb. and summer 1 lb. i weigh right before bed and try to guess what I'll get in the AM. Then I weigh first thing AM, completely naked, cannot have even an earring on, and I step at least 4-5 times, if it's a good number I can do more just to smile at it.

I will admit something more...this morning I was down another lb and was so happy that after I dropped the kids at school I came back home, ran in there, took all my clothing off (yes Cassie, hair tie and all :lol: ) and I weighed about 3 more times. Then I didn't want to eat and ruin that beautiful number...but hormonal PMS munchies always win and I had to eat.

I am beyond obsessed! BUT it really motivates me, esp. when the number goes up and I know I have to get more strict.